Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Im 19. Honestly right after surgery I felt very sick. Like I was going to puke all over I told them right away and they gave me something and I fell asleep. I wasn't suppose to leave the hospital till tomorrow. But I was doing so well they let me leave today. Walk around the halls as much as you can it feels like you have gas really bad but walking helps. And after you leave the hospital you WILL be SORE. It literally feels like you did 30 sit ups and you haven't done sit ups forever. YOU CAN DO IT!

- keep in touch! Ask as many questions as you want . Ayla Linngren

The pain for me was/ is ok. I was sleeved the 6th, came home the 9th. If i was still i didn't really feel pain, more of discomfort, an achy feeling in my stomach, especially where the incision they did teh stomach removal from. That is what hurts the most on me. So getting up and down hurts, but it gets a little better every day, and it really isn't to bad unless you really push yourself. And don't worry, at first you will most likely be on a pain pump, where every 10 - 15 min you push a little button that sends pain meds into your IV. That is a great help, use it! It makes getting up and walking so much easier! Good luck, and try to relax about the pain part, it really isn't so bad. You will do great and be up and moving with little to no pain in a matter of days. My husband, who was sleeved Oct. 3 2012 was completly pain free by the end of week 2.

You all are wonderful. Thx for responding. I've been wondering the same and stressing so much!

I only had one dose of pain med when i woke up...then none. I only felt pain at the largest incision site, right under an inch in length, when i moved or cough. be sure to have a pillow to hold against your tummy when you cough or move about. getting in and out of bed was the worse for me but not enough for pain meds. once i stop moving the pain went away. oh get into bed on you knees, i find less pain doing it that way. I took the pain as a tool to tell me to be careful and try to move differently to cause no/limited pain.......my vet told me they dont give pain meds to dogs after surgery because they cant understand what happened and if they feel no pain, then they could over do it and do themselves harm....so i use that philosophy as long as i dont have constant pain ^_^

I had awful pain for 2 days then moderate pain for about a week. The awful pain was like an 8 on the pain scale for me and was directly due to gas trapped under my clavicles and scapulas. Never thought air could hurt so bad. Required hydromirphone (heavy duty). But many have none or very little.

I'd take a week of those pains again if it was that or no sleeve. So worth it!

Pain was the worst getting in and out of bed . The PCA pain med will help & walk as much as you can . I felt weak and dehydrated & slept alot . At first I couldn't feel any nausea - I've only had some at home about post op day 6 as I changed to full liquids . Gas pains will hurt - but moving will move them . Also use gas-x thin strips . They melt immediately on your tongue and help ! Good luck !!! By day 5 my pain was so good I could try to sleep on my side again . Just sore getting into that position .

For me pain was nonexistent. I had single site so not sure if that played a role. But I also had no pain with my c section in 2010.... Must be a freak of sorts ;-)

My advice expect the worse and hope for the best ! I've had 2 c sections and I would compare it pretty much close to that . The worst pain is the gas pains ! Nothing u can't bear ! U can do it ! Good luck to you I'm sure you will do fine !! Just remember its all worth it !! Beauty is pain ;)

To be 100% honest... I was in horrible pain for the first two days, the pain meds help, but it still hurts. It's a major surgery, there is pain. All I can say is it DOES get a lot better as time goes by. By day 5 I was completely off pain meds and pain free!!! Totally worth it!!! Good luck!

I'm having my surgery next Tuesday. You all have be so valuable when I have questions. I know I can come here and find my answer. My question today is about pain. I have to admit this is my biggest fear. I'm ready for my new life, but I can't stop thinking about how much/what type of pain. Please honestly, tell me how much pain you were in. I've never had surgery before or had a child, so I feel like I have nothing to compare it to haha. I know I'm freaking out about it, but it worries me...

Pain is different for everyone but you'll have a pain pump so you'll be good. Walk as much as possible as soon as you can get up.

pain for my stomach was almost nonexistant' date=' was a nauseous but it was mostly controlled. However the bougie they stuck down my throat just wrecked it. I had and still occasionally have spasms in my esophagus. They aren't anything painful now, just irritating. The spasms were extremely bad for about 10 days after surgery, to the point where if i drank anything it triggered the spasms that felt like a charlie horse in my throat, it was so upsetting. But I did recover, relatively quickly and so will you.

edit- my surgery was 2/5/13[/quote']

Is that what it is that causes this?? I'm day 6 post op and have been having it since day 3!! I hope it goes away SOON!!

The first 20 hours are a lil rough and it gets exponentially better each day! Very little pain ever... I didn't take any pain meds after 24 hours... Not ever tylenol!

My pain was bad from the gas pressure and the drainage tube. That tube is awful but trust me this little bit of pain is worth the new lease on life!

Everyone has different pain tolerance levels.

For me, I was good to go.. I was in recovery and stood up (holding on to bed to insure I was steady), and walked to the restroom. Lol. I should have pushed the button and called for a nurse. After surgery, I declined pain meds and never took any, nor since leaving hospital.

I am 8 weeks post op and my husband swears, "you're a beast. You walk 5-7 miles a day, work out regularly, work 60 + hours a week, cook Breakfast and dinner for 4 kids and me every night, keep a home, laundry...I don't get it."

I just smile. I am FORTUNATE.

Oh...and I have insomnia. Lol. (I think that's how I get it all done)