Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How much can you eat.....

WOW...Pudinpie....look how close you have come to goal! Good going!

I Just got what I hope is my last fill.....so I'm not sure yet how much I can eat. Before this last fill I could eat most anything, any time of the day....however, somedays I had difficulty eating but most days I could eat 1 or more cups.

Carol

WOW...Pudinpie....look how close you have come to goal! Good going!

I Just got what I hope is my last fill.....so I'm not sure yet how much I can eat. Before this last fill I could eat most anything, any time of the day....however, somedays I had difficulty eating but most days I could eat 1 or more cups.

Carol

Thanks Carol! My life is not the same because of the weight loss. I love it!

How filled are you now? I sort of like to eat difficult foods because then I eat less of it. I had 1/2 of a south beach individual pizza today. It was fantastic because it was hard going down and I couldn't eat very much.

Late afternoon is my danger time too.

I've also been starving all day. Like really hungry, and only 4 days after a fill. But I ran 9kms last night and have done good distances the other days too so I figure its kind of natural to be hungry.

I have the urge to splurge everyday at 3 PM. I'm trying to figure out if it's due to a blood sugar drop.... does anyone else have a time of day that just doens't feel as in control, and why?

Yup - 3pm is when it hits me too, right as I'm picking up the little one from school and she's saying, "Muuuuuuum, can't we stop at 7-11?!?" I guess old habits die hard lol.

I try to always have a small handful of Brazil nuts in my bag (cause I love em and they're a yummy snack) or a piece of fruit.< /p>

But I ran 9kms last night and have done good distances the other days too so I figure its kind of natural to be hungry.

You're a machine! Oh how I wish I could get into running or heck, any kind of exercise. I was doing good for a while but somehow, my motivation got misplaced and I just can't seem to get into it anymore :/

I could eat a cup to a cup and a half before a fill. I would try to keep it to a cup in fear of stretching my pouch. My first fill kept me restricted for about a week. My second fill the restriction didn't kick in until about 2 weeks AFTER the fill.

Now with my second fill here is what I can eat:

for Breakfast I can eat about 1/4 cup

lunch 1/2 cup most times less.

for dinner it is 1/2 to 3/4 cup with a 1/4 cup snack later.

I too get hungry in the afternoon, this is when I have been having my Protein supplement drink.

I probably shouldn't tell anyone just how much I can eat with lapband...lets just say it is much more than you should...but still has me loosing weight so I am not too worried...

My worst time of day is late arvo I get soooooo hungry... Sometimes have trouble finding decent things to eat so I resort to cake...ooops wasnt supposed to tell y'all that little secret!

:o

Around 3-4:00 I usually have a cheese stick ( I like the indiv cheddar) and around 15-20 almonds. this combo really does the trick and keeps me satisfied til dinner. I also think having this snack not only keeps me from overeating at dinner but also since I started having this snack I have not even wanted to eat at night which is a HUGE victory for me.

I also like the iced lemon bars from USANA. They are only 100 calories, high in Fiber, Protein and low glycemic (sp?)

I kind of think the whole cup, 1/2 cup thing is funny. Are we talking a cup of oatmeal or a cup of macaroni and cheese, know what I'm saying?

Around 3-4:00 I usually have a cheese stick ( I like the indiv cheddar) and around 15-20 almonds. this combo really does the trick and keeps me satisfied til dinner. I also think having this snack not only keeps me from overeating at dinner but also since I started having this snack I have not even wanted to eat at night which is a HUGE victory for me.

I also like the iced lemon bars from USANA. They are only 100 calories, high in Fiber, Protein and low glycemic (sp?)

I kind of think the whole cup, 1/2 cup thing is funny. Are we talking a cup of oatmeal or a cup of macaroni and cheese, know what I'm saying?

I think I am at my sweet spot and until I get closer to goal I will keep getting fills until I can eat as little as I do now. As soon as I am able to eat a cup of food without PB'ing, I will be straight back in there for a fill.

When I say 1/4, 1/2 cup here are some examples:

My typical Breakfast:

1/2 of a small banana or

4 bites of oatmeal or

8 bites of cheese grits or

1 egg or

1/2 small pancake or

the inside of a kolache

1/4 of a bagel sliced in half, throw the toughest part away and add cream cheese

lunch I can eat:

1/2 of a small side salad or

1/2 of a sandwich minus the crust and most times I can't eat the bread

a piece of fish half the size of my palm

1/2 slice of pizza no crust most times I just eat the toppings

afternoon snack:

1/2 Protein bar

small Protein Drink

dinner:

usually what I had at lunch, leftover

or whatever I need veggie or Protein that I didn't have at lunch

quite frankly I don't think I have had dinner that wasn't left over lunch in months.

lots and lots of Water and sugar free lemonade (1/4 strength)

chewable Vitamin

I probably eat about a cup per meal. I can eat a whole bowl of Quaker weight smart oatmeal for Breakfast, I can eat most or all of a Lean Cuisine for lunch, 4oz of chicken or steak with some brocolli or grean Beans for supper. I think I err on the side of having looser restricion (and therefore a little slower weight loss) but I am happy that I have no issues like heartburn, PB's, or sliming so I find it is what works for me! I dont see how ANYONE can get adequate nutrition from 3 meals that are only 1/4 cup. I think even bypass patients can eat more than 2oz at a time!

Holy cow!! Reading some of these posts I feel like I eat like a cow....lol...and I thought I was eating so little.

My day looks like this:

Breakfast

yogurt and 1/2 banana or

rice cake and one small turkey pepperoni

lunch

1 cup of Lentil Soup or

veggies and dip

Supper

Piece of Protein the size of my palm and vegetables

Snack

Licorice or fat free fudge bar or maybe 3/4 of a skinny cow.

Maybe I'm eating too much and that's why I'm staying right around 2 pounds a week loss. I would definitely need way more restriction to get by on 1/2 cup per meal and I'm having catching episodes every day as it is. Maybe I need to rethink my food choices....the licorice should probably go..*sigh*

Breakfast: 1 cup coffee with soy milk ( I am very restricted in the morning when I wake up and feel like my stomach is being squeezed)

Snack: 4-7 oz. of drinkable yogurt

Lunch: 3/4-1 cup of cream Soup

Dinner: 3/4-1 cup of cream soup ( I have been very restricted at night also)

Trying to get in my 60 oz of Water, crystal light and Vitamin Water

liquid Vitamins-Glacial Milk from Sams Club