Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How much can you eat.....

I have the urge to splurge everyday at 3 PM. I'm trying to figure out if it's due to a blood sugar drop.... does anyone else have a time of day that just doens't feel as in control, and why?

I'm not banded yet, but if you consistently want to splurge at 3 it is probably due to a blood sugar drop. What works for me, and I must admit that I am non-consistent is I have something at 2-2:30 depending on what time I eat lunch. A yogurt, a smoothie, 3 of a six pack of Peanut Butter crackers, things like that before I have a chance to get hungry. I drive all day, so if I don't plan ahead there is always a convenience store or a drive through. If I don't, I find myself eating 1 or 2 candy bars, having too big a supper (whopper w/cheese, fries, king sized) and then wanting a snack before bed! Then being so full you can't sleep. Please just trust me on this one and find something satisfying that you like that you can eat before you get hungry. I have to admit it is hard to eat even a small amount when you don't want anything. But I am learning. Hope this helps.

Susan

Breakfast: 1 cup coffee with soy milk ( I am very restricted in the morning when I wake up and feel like my stomach is being squeezed)

Snack: 4-7 oz. of drinkable yogurt

Lunch: 3/4-1 cup of cream Soup

Dinner: 3/4-1 cup of cream Soup ( I have been very restricted at night also)

Trying to get in my 60 oz of Water, crystal light and Vitamin Water

liquid Vitamins-Glacial Milk from Sams Club

I am seriously considering this banding. I looked up your profile and it is so similar like mine that i thought i would question you. i hope you don't mind. when did you get your banding done? Is it painful? How long before you can go to work? Are you not hungry at all or is it hard to eat after you do this? what made you really go through this? all of these years i have been wanting to loose weight. it is so easy to put it on but to get rid of it, is not that easy!

i am 5'4" and i am 198 lbs. I got liposuction done about 10 years ago, but i dont' recommend it becuase other areas in your body grow a lot if you continue to eat a lot so you are some what not proportional anymore.

Please help me make the best decision for me.

Hey TimetoLive-I am impressed! I eat so much more, but am hoping my next fill works. 2 pounds a week is all youi're supposed to lose! Gives your skin a chance to catch up, and your body enough time to lose that you don't feel like you're starving. You could be an example for others! Patience, dearie. If you do anything, I hope it's on the exercise side and nbot the food side!

Susan-Thanks for the ideas about the 3 PM munchies. I've been doing that, but with a protien drink, and it's not helping. I'll try some of the Snacks you recommended.

Baby-You're doing great on your liquids! Off to a wonderful start!

3 PM munchies. I've been doing that, but with a protien drink, and it's not helping. I'll try some of the Snacks you recommended.

The problem with Protein drinks is that they don't work as well with the band as solid food, since they go right through the stoma. You really are better off with a solid snack, like a mozzerella cheese stick, a piece of beef (or turkey) Jerky, a wedge of Laughing Cow Light cheese, or a small handful of raw almonds!

Tami

Yeah, that will work better when I have restriction! Right now if I go for those kinds of solid foods, I'll over eat them! But I'm getting fill #2 tomorrow, so I'll stock up on some of the things you mention. Tomorrow is a new day. Wish I could just buy one serving of each of those things instead of having a wheel of cheese, etc, sitting around!

I guess it may even be time to say goodbye to my Protein powder that I've grown to love since being banded. it was great for mushy time, but probably doesn't do me a whit of good now in terms of fullness. Just adds calories... sniff. I'll miss my Muscle Milk Light!

BetsyJane:

I live in Humble and saw your update for the first support group meeting. I am being banded on January 17th, but would love to get started with a support group. Where are you meeting on January 15th?

I've been eating:

Breakfast -1 "Shot" of Protein (17g protein)

Yes, I acutally mix up some Any whey and shoot it out of a shot glass.

& 3/4 cup of Protein shake (matrix) (23g protein)

lunch - 1 "Shot" of Protein (17g protein)

1 cup of egg/tuna/mediafast oatmeal (10+g of protein)

dinner - 1 cup - meat (chicken/pork) and a veggie

no Snacks except for the occasional spoonful of sugar free Cool whip.

I FEEL like Im eating too much. but then again when I THINK about it... it sure doesnt look like much.

I used to could eat 1/2 of a sandwich, take off the crust and have the bread too. Now, I can only eat the inside of the sandwich. I can't eat more than one bite of bread at any time now, most times I just don't bother because then I don't have room for anything else.

I was always a carb addict and for the first time in my life, I don't really "miss" the bread.

Hey BetsyJane: Thanks for the encouragement....it's hard some days to feel like you are doing it right...I guess what matters most is that the scale is moving down and not up....even if it is at a modest rate.

I may incorperate a Protein shake as a 'snack' if you can really call it that...lol...just to make sure I'm getting enough Protein. I love reading what other people are eating though....gives me some ideas on new things I could try....GEEZ I would luv a bagel but I know that it wouldn't work so there isn't any point...maybe bread will work someday...but for now I'm still steering clear.

I have got a question, I am wondering if I am eating too much. I got my first fill on tuesday. I started on mushies today....for lunch I ate 1/2 cup of refried Beans with cheese, little salsa, and ff sour cream. Ate this about 1:45pm. It is now 4:36pm, and I am getting this sharp pain off and on between my rib cage...top of stomach....has anyone felt like this??? I also took two tyleno....maybe I am stuck????

I have got a question, I am wondering if I am eating too much. I got my first fill on tuesday. I started on mushies today....for lunch I ate 1/2 cup of refried Beans with cheese, little salsa, and ff sour cream. Ate this about 1:45pm. It is now 4:36pm, and I am getting this sharp pain off and on between my rib cage...top of stomach....has anyone felt like this??? I also took two tyleno....maybe I am stuck????

Those are all GAS causing foods...try Gas-x

And I'm going tomorrow. Here's what I ate yesterday.

Breakfast

1 1/2 cups of Cereal

1 1/2 cups of milk

snack

coffee

Pop tart

lunch

1 1/2 cups of Toasted Sesame and Garlic Thai noodles with ground beef

1 1/2 cups of milk

dinner (whoo boy)

1 1/2 cups of Soup

Cheeseburger (resterant size)

A desert that shall remain nameless (ok it was half a fried twinkie. You can't go to the Detroit Beer Company and not have the twinkie)

Thats all I had. I'm eating way to much and not eating well and I've all but stopped losing weight. I have a fill appt tomorrow and I'm sure my doc is going to yell at me. My resolution is to try a new healthy thing once a week and if I like it, make it a part of my diet.