Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Why am I a Slowwwwwwwww loser?

What's with the super negativity? She was just saying what works for her. I'm 10 weeks post op on Monday and I've only lost 30 lbs. I diet my ass off watch everything I put in my mouth, get plenty of Protein and low carbs, I work my ass off at the gym 4 days a week and the scale isn't moving. So, just because a set pattern of eating habits works for a lot of people, it doesn't mean that it works for all people. Just sayin.

Newgrandmother, thank you my dear for sharing. And you might just be right because I have been following the high Protein low carb diet and im still losing slow. Someone else mention muscle weight, I think I may be in the category of a person with more muscle weight then fat as I was never a person who wasn't solid u was just a big solid lol.

dan thank you well said

ren anything is possible with wieght loss. but i know that i am not a cookie cutter

I too am a slow loser about 2 lbs a week I'm two months out and lost 25 lbs but I still love my sleeve because I could never have done that by myself....

I admire you're positive thinking! I'm two days shy of my 2 month surgiversary and I've lost 37 pounds but I feel like I'm loosing way to slowly. I get upset when I read about people on here loosing large amounts in short periods of time :-(

I understand your pain! 20 lbs in 8 weeks, but the average is 2.5#/week. You are closer to 4-5#/week, and that's awesome! It's natural to be impatient when we see so many "I lost 100 lbs in 5 months" posts, but hey, what's the rush to a lifestyle change? It's not like we will ever go back to our old ways, so we might as well get used to eating healthy, whether we like it or now :-)

I think you are right itstheamerie. You master anything once you've had training. So ill look at it like this im training myself to eat healthier, work out and condition my mind as well as my body. Its just gonna be a longer training course lmao. I was very discouraged but with everyone's post im getting it together. This is something I want, so im gonna get it.

ren i so got over it, it was driving me crazy. once i stopped obsessing over it i am so happy now. i dont obess over how many carbs i eat and my diet is very clean. i repeat i am not a cookie cutter lol

itsthe so so true

I'm not being negative....can't anyone disagree with you? Sheesh you're so friggin sensitive.

So here's some information in case you want it. Adding those healthy fats to your diet flushes out your kidneys. Not a good or bad thing, it just is....that will lead to immediate Water loss which MIGHT explain your 4 pound loss. People who go on high fat diets typically have to up their sodium intake to prevent massive Water loss. That's why people on Adkins can lose so much weight so quickly...and even the new Adkins books recommend adding quite a high amount of sodium to the diet to prevent the water loss.

So my point is if you have upped your dietary fat intake monitor your sodium levels. It needs to go up as well.

i respond to how you write to me. and i am not on a high fat diet. i am on a normal balanced diet. and it is working for ME!!!!. i sware you act like you know everything. i have a nut and a dr who instruct me. thanks anyway

ren you wont beilive this. but i upped my carbs and lowerd my protien from 90 to 70 carbs vary from 90-150. i added healthy fats like olive oi' date=' avecados etc. and i reduced my workouts. and the scale moved oh and i did one Meal Replacement. and in one week i went from 225-226 for the past 2 months to now 220 which is my goal right now. yes its slow but we are going to get there. my number are the same as yours

im not saying do what i did but listen to your body if what you are doing is not working try something new we are all differant i know a lot of ppl are low carb high protien but some ppl are the opposite and i guess i am one of them[/quote']

I bet you're pear shaped! I've noticed over the years pears need more carbs to lose and apples, like me, need lower carbs to lose. I have a typical diabetic body. Huge gut and bird legs... I can easily wear a 14 on the bottom if there's elastic and would need a 22/24 on top. I've lost enough to be able to wear a 20 on top, but my bird legs have gotten birdier! LOL so, that being said... If you are apple shaped be careful upping your carbs to lose... Just my opinion!

mastiff, yes i am how did you guess? yep we are all apples pears and bananas lol. and i bet you have cute legs. :wub:

I don't really frequent the forum much anymore because of my slow loser status. Surgery was Oct 15th, 2012. Top weight: 238lbs, SW: 209lbs, today's weight: 180lbs. I have gone from size 20-22 pants to a size 11-12 and from XXL shirts to M-L. So I DO see a BIG difference. But I see so many others posting they have lost so much more than I have in even a shorter time frame. I have been stalled for 2 months now too, which is discouraging sometimes, even though I am still seeing inches fall off....thank goodness I did take measurements or I really WOULD be upset ;) I certainly haven't given up, but I so want to be in the 170's. I hit 179.5 last week, and went back up to 180 this week. I just can't seem to get out of the 80's...UGH! I would LOVE to be 135-140 as my ultimate goal...but I have really set my goal at 150lbs as I remember WAY by when I looked and felt great at that weight. Also, my main reason for this surgery was to be healthier and I am off of all of my meds...a HUGE NSV for me! Perfect sugar levels, no high blood pressure anymore and cholesterol looks awesome. Then I look at my percentage of weight loss and look at the stats and see that, really, I am right on track. Still want the 170's :)

I feel lije I am failing I had my sleeved done march 26 and now its april 6 and have not lost anu post op weight yet wondering am I going to lose anything