Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Has anyone written a letter/letters to loved ones' date=' incase something were to happen during surgery?? I am a mother of three young children and started a letter to my husband and children just explaining exactly why I am having the surgery and how much I love them and everything like that. I know that this may seem like a terrible adea to some...I almost feel like I am going into it with bad expectations, but in all reality I don't feel like that at all, I honestly feel that God knows it isnt my time to go because he knows how much I need my family and how much they need me aswell, so he wouldn't take me from this at this point in time. ok, now I just sound crazy right? haha. Well I just couldn't stand the thought of something happening to me and not having something like this for them. :unsure:[/quote']

I have done this in the past. It's not a bad idea ever.

I cant believe how the weight is falling off. Man pure is hard but atleast i got more options, but sometimes i can only eat 2 to 3 oz. i cant wait to start exercising so more can come off.

blk-weight.png

Has anyone written a letter/letters to loved ones' date=' incase something were to happen during surgery?? I am a mother of three young children and started a letter to my husband and children just explaining exactly why I am having the surgery and how much I love them and everything like that. I know that this may seem like a terrible adea to some...I almost feel like I am going into it with bad expectations, but in all reality I don't feel like that at all, I honestly feel that God knows it isnt my time to go because he knows how much I need my family and how much they need me aswell, so he wouldn't take me from this at this point in time. ok, now I just sound crazy right? haha. Well I just couldn't stand the thought of something happening to me and not having something like this for them. :unsure:[/quote']

You are not crazy! You are loving and thoughtful. And yes, I did this and felt exactly the same. I was assured going in but my husband was worried. So I wrote to him and my 2 sons. I sent a pic of the envelope to my BFF with the words "just in case" because my husband was reluctant to talk about a life without me in it.

Sleeved on March 4 and feel great. Only thing is that I get tired fairly easily. Not sure if it's because i am taking in so few calories or if it's my body recovering from the surgery.

March 1was my day. First day was tough. Able to stay second day. Walked as much as I could. Everyone said that would help. At two week checkup I lost 18lbs. Easiest loss of my life because just not hungry. Learning to listen to my body n slow down. need to walk more regularly. Best thing I've ever done for myself....so far

March 1was my day. First day was tough. Able to stay second day. Walked as much as I could. Everyone said that would help. At two week checkup I lost 18lbs. Easiest loss of my life because just not hungry. Learning to listen to my body n slow down. need to walk more regularly. Best thing I've ever done for myself....so far

I feel like I am starting to get over my break up with food.

Sleeved on March 4 and feel great. Only thing is that I get tired fairly easily. Not sure if it's because i am taking in so few calories or if it's my body recovering from the surgery.

I have had a few of those days. Most days I am energetic and get lots done, then one day, I feel tired and sleepy. I have learned to listen to those days.

I got sleeved on the 5th and it wasnt that painful the first few days. after i came home i started to feel the pain' date=' specially the gas pains. Swallowing is a totally new experience. If i take a sip thats to big the pain i get in my chest from pain is so bad.

I cant wait for it to get better. Its not that i regret it, oh no, it just that its like learning to eat all over again. I have started to write down none scale victories. I want to exercise again, i want to play sports again, and most of all play with my kids without feeling tired

.[/quote']

Im one week post op and i thonk i stped losing?!!:(

Ur not alone...remember that you could be losing inches...dont fret! And only weigh 1x a week or you'll drive urself bonkers! Hang in there! I decided to contribute my slow loss to that time of the month. I too am 1 week post op. I'm still swollen too esp the large incision where the removed my band port. I am praying to God it doesnt stay that puffed out! 2 incisions in same spot=big scar tissue buldge. Baaaah

I had my 2 week postop visit today AND got to start mushy stuff.

Who knew egg salad was SO delicious! LOL! I also scrambled an egg for lunch and smooshed a wedge of Laughing Cow Light Swiss in it. Even yummier than the egg salad. But can barely finish an egg. It's crazy.

I'm learning to listen to my body. I ate supper to fast tonight and OUCH! It felt like fast trapped in my ribs on both sides. Lesson learned!

I go back to work tomorrow. NOT looking forward to it. I'm still getting tired super easy so I'm a little nervous.

Glad everyone seems to be doing well! Has anyone started exercising yet? The doc said I could start and I'm gonna start tomorrow!

I agree with Sunshine. Stay off the scale! I had about two days where it didn't go down and one where it went UP! I made myself stop weighing here. Weighed at the MD today and am planning on weighing on Wednesday mornings only for now. I don't want the numbers to freak me out!

I had my 2 week postop visit today AND got to start mushy stuff.

Who knew egg salad was SO delicious! LOL! I also scrambled an egg for lunch and smooshed a wedge of Laughing Cow Light Swiss in it. Even yummier than the egg salad. But can barely finish an egg. It's crazy.

I'm learning to listen to my body. I ate supper to fast tonight and OUCH! It felt like fast trapped in my ribs on both sides. Lesson learned!

I go back to work tomorrow. NOT looking forward to it. I'm still getting tired super easy so I'm a little nervous.

Glad everyone seems to be doing well! Has anyone started exercising yet? The doc said I could start and I'm gonna start tomorrow!

I also saw my dr today and I get to start my purée stage which I'm not looking forward too!!

I'm also allowed to start exercising but no swimming or running!

All sleeved yesterday waiting for swallow test so i get ice chips

Hello everyone! I was sleeved yesterday march 20 and so far so good! No problems thus far besides a serious case of cotton mouth! Waiting for swallow test now. I don't post much here but I wanted to say thanks to everyone for all the wonderful insight. So excited to be on the losers bench now!