Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Alabama bandster

OH my JL, that's not good! I know what you mean though about being dizzy. I have had some spells here lately. Laughter is always the best medicine! I'm with you on the "sexy" part. I have a great husband and he has really been behind me with this. It helps out when you have a support system at home.

Hi,

I am newly banded and trying to find a good Protein supplement shake that everyone loves... any suggestions?

I am hoping I continue to lose weight as I have lost 17 pounds the first week. Altho I know bigger lose faster.

Well talk to yall later~

Dr. Britt and Dr. Groves will be providing monthly support meetings beginning this month. The meetings will alternate between Marshall Medical North in Guntersville and Marshall Medical South in Albertville. See the following link to view their calendar for dates and time.

http://www.samc.stirsite.com/page/page/2453219.htm

Just a note for all those wishing to use Dr. Britt or Dr. Groves. They no longer have a Madison Office and will not be holding any more seminars in Huntsville/Madison. Their last 2 seminars only produced 3 attendees each. Seminars will now be held in Guntersville or Albertville.

With the high level of care and compassion these great doctors have for their patients, it is worth the drive to Guntersville or Albertville. Their aftercare and wonderful staff makes them the best choice in Alabama in my opinion. They are doing LAP-BAND® surgery 2-3 days a week now. They believe in the surgery and the need to provide great after care with follow up visits and fills (adjustments).

Thanks Andy for the link to the seminars by Dr.'s Britt and Groves.

I am almost certain they will be who I choose to do my surgery unless my insurance says I can't use them for some reason.

I will be checking out that link.:thumbup:

Christy

I can't find on Dr. Groves and Britt's website where it would tell what hospital they work out of.

Where was your surgery done Andy?

Thanks,

Christy

Christy:

Dr. Britt and Dr. Groves do their surgery at Marshall Medical Center North in Guntersville and Marshall Medical Center South in Albertville. I had my surgery at Marshall Medical Center North in Guntersville. They are currently perform the Lap-Band surgery at Marshall Medical Center North two days a week and I think one day a week at South. I hope this helps.

Thanks Andy for the information.

I'm not familiar with the Marshall County Hospitals. I've only had procedures and surgeries at the Huntsville Hospitals.

Every step of this seems so scary to me. :tt2::unsure:

Christy

Thanks Andy for the information.

I'm not familiar with the Marshall County Hospitals. I've only had procedures and surgeries at the Huntsville Hospitals.

Every step of this seems so scary to me. :scared2::unsure:

Christy

The Marshall hospitals are wonderful. The staff really understands the neeeds of a Lap-band patient. I have heard from others that use hosptials where the staff is not familiar with the surgery. It helps knowing these people at these hsopitals in Marshall county understand you and your surgery. It was a great comfort for me. another plus is Dr. Britt and Dr Groves have offices right by the hospitals and are close at hand to see you during your stay. I was able to have my surgery and leave the same day. If you need to stay the night, this staff and hospitals really know how to properly care for you. I have no regrets on my decision to get this surgery or in choosing Dr. Britt has my doctor. I have be very pleased with the high level of personal care and concern he and his staff have shown me and my family. These doctors believe you and them make an unbeatable to tem to help you achieve your goal of losing weight & get healthy. I really hope you consider using this group. I will answer any questions I can for you. I would recommend going to their seminar. Check their calendar or call the office to find out when and where the next one will be. It is free and very informative. These doctors really believe in this surgery. Dr. Groves has been banded, so he can really relate to you. Dr. Britt is wonderful too. I hope this helps you.

Your lap-banders group at Yahoo! Groups is good to go.

Here are the details on lap-banders:

Group home page: Lap-Banders : Lap-Banders On Yahoo

Group email address: lap-banders@yahoogroups.com

Hey alabama bandsters! I'm Brittney and I am about to join the club. I was approved today by tricare and should have surgury sometime in the next month or so with Dr. Robbins in Dothan, AL. Anyone had surgury with him. The girls in the office there seem so nice. Mrs. Meri is so helpful and has been a saint though the whole process. I can't believe I was approved on the first try! I'm so excited and nurvous all in one! Any advice?? I am about to have to start the liver shrinking diet!!

Hey alabama bandsters! I'm Brittney and I am about to join the club. I was approved today by tricare and should have surgury sometime in the next month or so with Dr. Robbins in Dothan, AL. Anyone had surgury with him. The girls in the office there seem so nice. Mrs. Meri is so helpful and has been a saint though the whole process. I can't believe I was approved on the first try! I'm so excited and nurvous all in one! Any advice?? I am about to have to start the liver shrinking diet!!

well welcome to the club. its a great club to be in. its the club of the new life! enjoy it because i know i have and alot others have to.

feel free to pm me and ask any questions you have and might come up. this site is a great place to read and make freinds and the way to a better life.

:)

Hi All. I got banded in September overseas in Europe (Belgium). It was a great experience and only a third of the cost.

I live in Daphne, AL......just across from Mobile and I'm receiving follow-up from a center in Pensacola. I am loving the band so far and it's great to see so many people from our state here.

Hello all -- Zoe here, from Clarke County. I'm fifteen days out and doing okay. My first fill isn't scheduled until 1/16 and I'm currently in Bandster's Hell. Not the best time of year for it, what with all the yummies floating around. Sigh.

Good to see so many Alabamians here. Looks like the majority are from the northern part of the state. Sure would be nice to find a few folks a little closer to home. Look forward to getting to know you all -- have a wonderful night!

glad to have you aboard!!!

Hey Guys! I am from Mobile and am looking for a support group locally. I was banded in January 10 and am down about 65 pounds (about half way to my goal). I am a different person than i was 65 pounds ago..that said, this last 8 months or so have been a struggle. Some of my old habits have krept back in on me (sweets are my weakness) My portions are normally spot on...i have just been eating crap. I do workout regulary...but lately it has just balanced out my poor food choices. I think that having a group or another "band" buddy to hold me accountable. My hubby and girlfriends that are dieting dont understand why, if i have the band, the weight isnt just falling off and i am still overweight. Hmmm...if only they knew! lol!