Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January Bandsters???

:notagree and I am very down....they called today and said they think I have SEVERE sleep apneea...when I asked why they didn't put mask on during 1st study, they said there wasn't time...so I also have to have some big pulmonary function test...and still have to do stress echocardiogram...I am very down tonight....Tonya, I cross my fingers for you....looks like I will be fading into Febuary at this point.....

Mae

Peanut Butter Cup Protein Shake Recipe:

*2 scoops chocolate Protein Powder (or vanilla Protein powder + 1tsp cocoa powder

*1 TBS natural Peanut Butter (smooth or chunky)

*8 oz of Water (or low-fat milk)

*3-5 ice cubes

Add all ingredients to blender; whip and serve.

Calories 95; Carbs 3g; Protein 4g (depending on protein power or if you use milk); Fiber 1g

Cinnamon Roll Protein shake Recipe

2 scoops vanilla protein powder

1TBSP sugar-free instant vanilla pudding

1/4 tsp cinnamon

1/2 tsp imitation vanilla (or 1/4 tsp extract)

1 packet of Splenda

1 few dashes of butter flavor sprinkles or butter-flavor extract

8 oz. of water (or low-fat milk)

3-5 ice cubes

Add all ingredients to blender, whip and serve

Calories 25; Carbs 5g; Protein (depends on the powder used and if use milk or water)

Protein Pancakes:

These have 10 grams of protein, 2 servings @ 139 calories each:

Ingredients <TABLE style="MARGIN-TOP: 5px; MARGIN-BOTTOM: 5px" cellSpacing=3 border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD align=right width=50>1/3</TD><TD>cup oatmeal</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD align=right width=50>1</TD><TD>banana</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD align=right width=50>4</TD><TD>egg whites</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>Directions

1. Mix all ingredients together.
  2. Fry with little oil for about 5 minutes.

<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Those sound really good....can't wait to try.....thanks for sharing....keep 'em coming!!!

Hi everyone,

It's getting closer to my date!!! Jan. 15th. I had a sleep study done last night. I didn't have to wear the cpap machine either. I was told that it would be put on between midnight and 12:30, but when I got up for the bathroom at nearly 2 I ask her about it and she said that I didn't "qualify for the criteria requiring it" I too snore like a freight train. She let me know that my O2 sat wasn't falling very low with what 'events' that I was having. Just the horrible snoring! I'm glad I don't have to start wearing a cpap machine, I'm a little claustraphobic.

I'm still being faithful to my high Protein, low carb diet... but for just 3 more days, then the one day of clear liquids... then it's band day!!!!!

I love this site! I haven't been able to get to the computer for the last few days and I'm several pages behind getting all the post read, but for now it's bed time, so good night everyone, may God richly bless each and everyone of us. Patsy

Hi Everyone,

I have been away from my computer for a few days. I was babysitting my grandson in San Francisco. I'm glad to hear that everyone that has been banded is fine. I enjoy reading your posts. It helps me know what to expect.

Take care all of you,

edie

You know, it's finally sinking in that this is really going to happen! I went today for my ekg, blood work and all the tests. I had 102.4 fever and was afraid they would say absolutely not but they did it all anyway! Got antibiotics started so hopefully all will be good by next week. One more week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi, everyone,

I've posted a couple of things before, but now that I have a surgery date, I thought I should make a more official introduction. I had my consultation with Dr. Spivak earlier tonight and am scheduled for surgery next Wednesday, 1/17. I have 98 pounds to lose and am looking forward to my new life with a band. I've been dieting since I was 14 and am tired of living like this.

My grandmother passed away on Monday, and my first thought was "thank god there's not going to be a funeral because I'm way too fat to face family members that I haven't seen in years." Isn't that just pathetic? I'm sick of my weight impacting every aspect of my life.

My biggest concern is that I won't get through the mourning period. I'm not sure what to do with myself if I'm not eating. I think I'm really going to miss eating to excess.

enterprise01

surgery on 1/17/07

current 218, goal 120

Dr. Spivak in Houston

Well, it's 3am and if I stay in bed another minute I think I'm going to cry. My back hurts from sleeping so much, even though I've been getting up every hour or so to walk. Can't seem to get anything down but tiny sips of Water. For my 1st day of banding I consumed 6oz V-8 juice and about 1 1/2 pint of water. I'm taking baby sips of a chocolate low-carb slimfast now. Don't have the foggiest clue how much my tummy will hold, but I'll figure that out. I got the 10cc Vanguard band, so I'm going to do some reserach on it so I can become familiar with it. So far, no pain, just a bit tender, and best of all . . . no GAS. I'm sure it will show itself, but just not yet, and I'm gonna enjoy it.

Well, yesterday afternoon I got a phone call from my surgeon's office telling me that he has had a personal matter come up and won't be able to do my surgery on January 29th. It is now going to be on the 2nd of February. So needless to say I am no longer a January Bandster. It sucks, but what can I do. :cry

Okay, Roses733, Loridee, Sheilamjfan, today is your day! I know you guys will do fine today, but we are all thinking about you!!!! We can't wait to hear how you are doing, so check in with us soon ;)

Just swinging by this morning. I have a huge conference call to get ready for and I'm off work tomorrow. So, Busy busy busy day.

Looks like everyone is doing great, besides those of us who have the "pre-surgery jitters", which is only natural. 7 more days for me!

Be back later!

Anyone else have any good puree recipes or ideas to get us through the next few weeks?

I joined this yahoo group called bandsterrecipes@yahoo.com. You can join and everyone sends their recipes.

I also purchased the book, eating well after weightloss surgery. I'm still waiting for it to arrive, but once I get it, I will post a few recipes for everyone.

Also, there is a yahoo group called proteindrinks@yahoo.com (I believe this is the address). They also post some good ideas on Protein Drinks, but most of the people on this site are Gastric Bypass.

Keep the recipes coming Jen, we need them! The Carnation shake one sounds good. Do they make a low sugar one, or Low carb?

Well, yesterday afternoon I got a phone call from my surgeon's office telling me that he has had a personal matter come up and won't be able to do my surgery on January 29th. It is now going to be on the 2nd of February. So needless to say I am no longer a January Bandster. It sucks, but what can I do. :cry

I'm sorry. That does suck, but your right, there is nothing you can do. Being a February Bandster is not bad at all. Your right behind us and you can also be an honorary member of the January Band Crew!:clap2:

...so I also have to have some big pulmonary function test...and still have to do stress echocardiogram...I am very down tonight....Tonya, I cross my fingers for you....looks like I will be fading into Febuary at this point.....

Mae

Mae, I'm afraid that I will have to go back and have another sleep study test with the Cpap machine. I talked to my cousin last night and they told her the same thing when she took her test that she would probably have to come back. When she went back it was to fit her for the cpap machine and adjust to the right oxygen levels.

The reason they don't put the machine on you in the beginnine is usually it doesn't show up until the last part of the sleep study, so I bet that is what happened to me. I am still waiting on the doctor to call me to tell me my test results. But hopefully she'll call and say "I did great, I'm just fat and thats why I snore". lol. But, according the tech, I probably will be back.:phanvan

Hi, everyone,

I've posted a couple of things before, but now that I have a surgery date, I thought I should make a more official introduction. I had my consultation with Dr. Spivak earlier tonight and am scheduled for surgery next Wednesday, 1/17. I have 98 pounds to lose and am looking forward to my new life with a band. I've been dieting since I was 14 and am tired of living like this.

My grandmother passed away on Monday, and my first thought was "thank god there's not going to be a funeral because I'm way too fat to face family members that I haven't seen in years." Isn't that just pathetic? I'm sick of my weight impacting every aspect of my life.

My biggest concern is that I won't get through the mourning period. I'm not sure what to do with myself if I'm not eating. I think I'm really going to miss eating to excess.

enterprise01

surgery on 1/17/07

current 218, goal 120

Dr. Spivak in Houston

Oh enterprise01 - I am really sorry to hear about your grandma. It is hard to lose someone no matter how old they are.

And I know exactly what you mean about thinking of the clothes/funeral and weight controlling every aspect of your life.

Hang in there!