Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January Bandsters???

Hi ya'll~

Last week I got my 3rd fill and I think its a tad too tight! Its now one week after that fill and it hurts as bad today as it did the first bite. I've got an appt in the morning,,wish me luck! hahahaha I was a self-pay, so my fills/office visits for a year are included in my one time fee.

banded 1/29/07

Dr Ken Cleveland-CMMC-Jackson, MS

Yep, sounds like your too tight. Man, I wish I could experience that. lol. I can't get tight at all these days. grrrrr. Did you think you were too lose at 1.7 cc's? Maybe just .2 cc's would do the trick, if he just took a little out it might help. Does he do his fills with flouro? I'm hoping I can get some good restriciton when I go for my next fill. I have a little right now, but not enough.

Good-luck with your visit today, let us know what happened.

Hi Tonya ~

I was on the same cruise you are going on last week, and I can promise you - you are going to have a wonderful time! We did!!!

It was our first cruise, and we will definately do it again. We decided it is THE way to vacation . . .

Have fun and be safe!

Lynn

I've been waiting on you to get back!!! I posted a few days ago that I couldn't wait for you to get back so you could tell us about your trip. Tell me all about it! What nights are formal nights? What did you do in Jamaica? My DH & I had our honeymoon there 19 years ago, and this will be the first time my kids are there, but I hear its so much more dangerous now to go off on your own, so just curious what you did?

We're doing Stingray Island in Grand Cayman, and in Cozumel we're just hanging out at the beach and shop.

Any tips, pointers about the ship? This will be my 10th cruise, my DH's 5th, and my kids' 2nd cruise. But I love all cruises, and it is the only way to vacation in my books.

Looking forward to hearing all about your cruise....did you have any problems getting anything stuck? What was the food menu like?

Susie, the scale is a Health o meter Profession....Model #349KLX. It's got a small platform that you stand on and the display cord comes out of the base to mount on a wall or set on a table. Since I've gotten this I can get on it 3 or 4 times in a row and it will be within 2 tenths of a pound each time. The 2 that I had before from Wal-Mart (one cheap and one not so cheap!) would weigh up to 5 pounds differently each time you got on it! This one was a bit pricey....my husband ordered it for me online for my birthday, wanting to say it was around $130.00?! Sounds like a lot I know but I love it and would do it again in a second!

The scales sounds like a good one. I paid $50 for mine from Avon Healths, and I do like it, it shows every ounce I lose vs. just 1/2 pounds like most. But I would like to upgrade to a better scale when this one plays out. So, I'll keep yours in mind for sure.

I've noticed my weight varrries all the time, keep in mind one gallon of Water weighs 8 lbs. we all should be drinking 4 lbs per day of water

Pre band I was able to drink 1 gallon a day, not problem, but now I am down to about 60 oz, I'm working to getting up to at least 100 oz which is almost a gallon. But you are right, we need our water! And our weight does varry all the time, one book I read states you should weigh yourself everyday, and then at the end of the week calculate the average weekly weight, the next week, you do the same thing, and then you subtract the two to give you your weightloss. I just weigh every other day.

Hey Lisa,

I checked out your scale on-line and the retail price is 260. Amazon says they have it for around 179. I think they sound good but I'll have to save my pennies to get it!! lol

Thanks,

susie

Hey 5jacks,

I have been getting them while I'm eating. It may really be when I'm full, I haven't thought about that. Although a couple of times I noticed it was when I ate something spicey and it was after about 3 bites. It's wierd. Thanks for the input I'm sure your right, the tank is full!

Debbie

banded 1/8/07

h235/c165/g145

My scale is from Avon also and it is really good. It can show you how hydrated you are and also your body fat. I only use it for pounds and it is the same even if I get on it a couple times in a row.

My new goal is to make exercise - even if it is only 15-20 minutes - as routine as brushing my teeth and washing my face is. I would never go out in the morning without brushing my teeth and I would never go to sleep with make-up on so I'm hoping I can use the same discipline for the exercise every day. Then if I also go for a bike ride, additional walk or a swim, that will be even better!

Hey Lisa,

I checked out your scale on-line and the retail price is 260. Amazon says they have it for around 179. I think they sound good but I'll have to save my pennies to get it!! lol

Thanks,

susie

Try wholesalepoint.com, then go to the search and type in health o meter 349. It is $158.00 and the shipping is included.

The scales sounds like a good one. I paid $50 for mine from Avon Healths, and I do like it, it shows every ounce I lose vs. just 1/2 pounds like most. But I would like to upgrade to a better scale when this one plays out. So, I'll keep yours in mind for sure.

I've had a scale for a couple years now that works great. It's the "My Weigh" XL 440. It is extremely accurate to the tenth of a pound. Gives the same weight over and and over again (that's why I like it, it shows that I weigh 192.6 pounds day after day - Just kidding).

It will can measure up to 440 pounds, it has both a digital read out and a speaking feature if you want to use that. You can get it at this web site for $50:

Digital Scale Buying Made Easy. Digital Scales At Wholesale Prices. - Product Search - Criteria: xl 440

What is the reason for spending $200 on a scale? Maybe it's just that they look great, which is a fine reason. But if you just want a dependable, accurate scale then this My Weigh company makes great scales.

What is the average weight per month have you guys been losing? I am stuck right now. I just started back on my Protein Shakes. I think I was lacking Protein. Iguess I will see in about a week or so. Does anyone know when the Hair loss will stop, am I the only one losing hair...lol. I can afford to lose some but don't want to lose it all...lol. I take hair Vitamins, but will I have to do this for life. Please help!

Hi all,

How was the weekend for everyone? I had company so I was off the computer for a bit. AND I missed getting here to get motivated. I haven't gotten on the scales yet today...I'm sort of dreading it, but I will.

I need to get going on my walking again. I slacked off last week. I did go for hike yesterday and some minor walking at our State fair this weekend, but certainly not enough. So, I am committing to tomorrow back up to my 4 miles....and every day this week!

Hey Loser, sorry I don't know your real first name lol

I have had lots of problems w/hair loss. You need to see your dr. to see what your levels of b-12 is.. mine was low. I had to take one shot per week for one month. Now, I take them once per month. Also, take one Biotin tablet once per day. It is still fallin' just not as quickly. Hope this helps.

Susie