Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pain 10 days post op

I'm 10 days post op, still having pain to one of my incisions. Mainly when in a sitting position. I asked my surgeon and he said it's normal because that's where he placed the suture that goes to the muscle. It feels like a burning sensation. Anyone else experiencing this?

Yes, I still have that pain and I am 3 weeks out. It is just a minor nuisance now. It is more sore on the days I do more moving. But it is getting better each day and my surgeon says it is normal.

I've noticed that if I apply some pressure it eases that sensation. How are you doing with weight loss so far? I'm down 23 lbs ... super excited!

Hi. Im 9 days post op and I have been bleeding from one suture on the lower right side of my belly. Not a lot of blood, just drops but its still pretty annoying. Is that the same suture you are having issues with?

Hi. Im 9 days post op and I have been bleeding from one suture on the lower right side of my belly. Not a lot of blood' date=' just drops but its still pretty annoying. Is that the same suture you are having issues with?[/quote']

No, my nuisance is on the left side, I can't see the suture, as it is internal. My doc used dermabond to close the incisions, so mine didn't bleed.

It's from the stretching of the internal sutures on the muscle completely normal most if us get it around that time frame. Just try not to stretch twist to much for a little while :)

Oh and driving also made mine worse FYI

It's from the stretching of the internal sutures on the muscle completely normal most if us get it around that time frame. Just try not to stretch twist to much for a little while :)

Oh and driving also made mine worse FYI

Thanks Laura, my husband is driving me around. But even in the passenger's seat I feel discomfort. When did yours stop bothering you? :)

It took about a week to get rid of it after it started.

But I would say about three to four weeks out, is when you will notice all the tiny weird aches and pains gone for good :)

I found the act of twisting and getting out if the car hurt it too.

I had the same pain on the left side. My doc said the same thing. The suture in the muscle was the culprit. Mine finally disappeared after about 3 to 4 weeks as well. It is so worth it though isn't it?!

Mine is on the right side. Do they usually do that there or is it almost always on the left? Feels like a sharp, stabbing pain when you try to move or twist. Like trying to sit up from lying in bed or sitting on the sofa.

It can be on either side! Doctors preform the surgery differently sometimes :)

And yes it is worth it!!!

I had the same pain on the left side. My doc said the same thing. The suture in the muscle was the culprit. Mine finally disappeared after about 3 to 4 weeks as well. It is so worth it though isn't it?!

So totally worth it! Down 23 lbs!

I'm 10 days post op' date=' still having pain to one of my incisions. Mainly when in a sitting position. I asked my surgeon and he said it's normal because that's where he placed the suture that goes to the muscle. It feels like a burning sensation. Anyone else experiencing this?[/quote']

Omg,, I just started feeling this past two days, not to sure what it is but seen my pcp today and she said it seems to be a small hernia at my incision site that may have developed after surgery. Pain comes from it being out of place and to just massage it in. She wants me to follow up with my surgeon so I have an appt. w/ him next wk. Will keep u posted

Omg' date=', I just started feeling this past two days, not to sure what it is but seen my pcp today and she said it seems to be a small hernia at my incision site that may have developed after surgery. Pain comes from it being out of place and to just massage it in. She wants me to follow up with my surgeon so I have an appt. w/ him next wk. Will keep u posted[/quote']

That's funny when I first started getting that pain I thought perhaps it was a hernia too! There was a small tender "lump" there but turned out just to be the muscle thing! I hope it turns out the same for you!

I have noticed in the last three days (15-17) that I have pain on my left side where my spleen used to be. I had a splenectomy in 2006. My sleeve surgeon told me he had to remove a moderate amount of scar tissue from the prior surgery. Since this pain feels so similar to the pain I felt after the splenectomy, I can't help but think it might be from the scar tissue removal.