Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Started 'Couch to 5k today' Anyone keen?

How long did everyone wait post-op to start c25k? I am in a c25k program/group now pre-op and am debating on if I will be ok to join back 2 weeks post-op.

2 weeks sounds a bit soon. I would definitely keep going until your surgery because the better shape you're in when you have your surgery the easier your recovery is likely to be. I started walking immediately after surgery and was cycling and doing the elliptical at 2 weeks, but jogging I think would have been too much. More like 6 weeks to make sure everything was healed and my energy was back.

I ran 4.5 miles today outside...along the bay while watching these huge pelicans dive bomb the Water. The sun was shining and the breeze was blowing' date=' it was so boring. How I wish I had a treadmill in my closet at home.

<kidding>[/quote']

I have failed before I even started. Never trust a 16 year old with a budding social life.. She promised that she will be back "later" :( and I am so f**king lazy I can't get myself to do it alone!

I rode my bike (indoors) but I can't get rid of this feeling of profound failure.

The only reason why I quoted you butter is because you mentioned a beach? Are they pretty you always see pictures of my beach but in my head I can't never imagine Texas and beach...

Walked outside in Michigan for 20 minutes as fast as I can....Not really fast. Anyway, tomorrow morning is Water aerobics with a friend!!!

I have failed before I even started. Never trust a 16 year old with a budding social life.. She promised that she will be back "later" :( and I am so f**king lazy I can't get myself to do it alone!

I rode my bike (indoors) but I can't get rid of this feeling of profound failure.

The only reason why I quoted you butter is because you mentioned a beach? Are they pretty you always see pictures of my beach but in my head I can't never imagine Texas and beach...

don't feel that way, you can start anytime. If you got on your bike and rode, that works too. Like I said before, just one foot in front of the other. You'll get there, I am 100% positive of it!

How long did everyone wait post-op to start c25k? I am in a c25k program/group now pre-op and am debating on if I will be ok to join back 2 weeks post-op.

I think it is a good idea to wait until you drop weight so you do not injure yourself. However, everyone is different. I waited until I dropped 100+ lb because I did not want to deal with bursitis, knee issues, etc. Started when I hit 225 lb and it was awesome because I actually enjoyed my first run ( which was also a 5 k).

Well, where I was running, they don't have what you'd call a beach...it's more like a bulkhead that has been built up to prevent errosion, but there is a great trail that runs along it for several miles. We do have real beaches. Galveston is the big beach attraction here near Houston...but they are nothing like west coast beaches.

Now quit beating yourself up and give yourself some credit. You rode your bike. Tomorrow you can get outside and walk or run. I like to run with my wife because we keep each other company, but I will also put on my ear buds and run with my music which is great. And my dogs make much better running companions than anyone I know. Because no matter how tired I get, I look down and they are smiling and wagging their tails and having a great time.

It's great to have a running partner, but you have to be willing to go it alone when you're schedules don't work out. After doing it for a few weeks, you will come to appreciate the serenity and peace of just running along by yourself enjoying the fresh air and sunshine.

Thanks guys I just scare myself some times you know? I guess because I never enjoyed exercise and its still not something I like... I have my four month checkup with the surgeon and I'm a little nervous about what he might say... I walk go on small hikes, go to the gym a bit ride the bike with the family but I know it's not enough.

Thanks guys I just scare myself some times you know? I guess because I never enjoyed exercise and its still not something I like... I have my four month checkup with the surgeon and I'm a little nervous about what he might say... I walk go on small hikes, go to the gym a bit ride the bike with the family but I know it's not enough.

Just go slow. Running might not be your thing. I didn't start running until I was 40+, but now I really get into it. Bikes are awesome too, just keep on moving that's the best thing.

You're a hard marker on yourself buddy. If you do those things 4 times a week, that's heaps!

What ap?

I am doing my second 5K on April 20th at Willow Creek Community Church in South Barrington, IL if anyone would like to join me!!!!!

W3D1 Done!

Everyone is doing great. Don't get discouraged just pick yourself up and start today! Don't beat yourself up for what you didn't do yesterday. That just keeps you from succeeding today. Today is the start of all your successful tomorrows!!!!

Happy running (wogging) in my case. Lol

W6D1 done!

I wonder why the program starts to mix it up in week 5? W5d3 was jog for 20 minutes and tonight it's back to R5/W3/R8/W3/R5. I do much better with the short breaks. I couldn't run for 20 and it was my first time running outside too.

Looking forward to W6D2!

Been out of the gym for a week. Gotta start over :-/

My husband and I walked outside yesterday, but ran into ice on the road. We are to get more snow again tomorrow. Water Aerobics today and tomorrow and then hopefully trying to do day one on the treadmill.

My husband and I walked outside yesterday' date=' but ran into ice on the road. We are to get more snow again tomorrow. Water Aerobics today and tomorrow and then hopefully trying to do day one on the treadmill.[/quote']

Oh my!

It was 86 today in Dallas