Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Texarkana Bandsters

Newjulie, I have been wondering about you. Sorry to hear about your husbands problems, sounds like a nightmare. Trying to understand how that happened. Was that done that way on purpose? Or an error? Who and where did the surgery? Sorry so many questions, but I am the curious type. lol. You are going to have to work on the sugar thing. I have all the sympathy in the world for you. You might try sf hot chocolate, it is pretty good stuff, especially at night when you want to graze on a sweet snack. I love ice cream, and it is getting to that season for homemade ice cream. Not that I have to have that kind, any will do. lol. My husband just ate a bowl and I passed it up, a feat for me! Some sugarfree hard candy might help you when you get an I can't stand it craving. By all means get all the other out of the house! Congrats on the Grandbaby!! I have one that is 4 yrs. old. It's the best thing ever!

Lo2us, we talked about those strange cravings before. I don't do it other than it seems like I want sweets in general more than before. It's interesting though. Maybe everyone else will share their cravings with us, if they have them.

Well, I just posted and see that Dr. H happen to chime in and answered Lo2us question ! Thank you Dr. Hekier.

Now that it is lighter later, you MP bandsters may enjoy visiting the Texarkana meeting. It is usually a full house. I would love to see Lisa, and Susan. I may not recognize your skinny selves though!

I dont know if this really counts as a healthy snack but it does help me when i want to munch. The chesters puffed corn I heard about on here......but it has been hard to find ! I found the butter ones in Walmart on the ark side yesterday, bought three bags of it. Sometimes albertson's has it. Has anyone seen it anywhere else? I am trying too... dont want to lose just 50 something and stop !

Support group - I attended one mt p group, I actually like it better because texarkana has TOOOOO many people in it. I just dont want to stay that late in mp to attend. Maybe we can come up with a better solution for everyone.

Thanks for information Dr. H.

I don't think I can make the drive to Texarkana for the support group and I understand about the low attendence. Gas is a big issue for me. So maybe if someone from that group can just post a little information for us here that would keep us in the know for anything that's new or old.:tongue:

Mrs. Betty, I like that Protein Drink that I bought from there.

Has anyone tried the 5-day pouch test? I found it a web site I heard about on the View. Living after weight loss surgery.com.

I'm with Glo. Gas prices are a big thing for me too. Maybe, we can find a solution to this soon. I guess I can understand why....it is a long way from Texarkana for a 1 hour session with 5 people. Maybe, we can find a leader and have Mrs. Betty or Jamie e-mail the "stuff" to them. Or maybe just e-mail the stuff directly to us..... just a thought. I haven't missed very many, but when I did, I REALLY missed them. Know what I mean? lol

Dr. Hekier, you are right..... there's much "worse" hobbies to have. lol Some of which, you can't do when it's raining!!! Man, I'm tired of rain. I thought I was going to go crazy yesterday. I had to stay in the house all day. I wanted to graze all day. And I did on some stuff that was fairly healthy. But I hate that.

Cravings..... I have them too. Sometimes, I just want a hamburger. That seems to be my craving. Can't eat the bread, the lettuce and stuff sometimes sticks, and I can't possibly eat a whole hamburger patty, so I don't know why I crave them other than the Protein thing. chocolate is a big thing for me too. It will go down too easy, way too easy. It's one of my monsters. Have yall tried strawberries? Fresh strawberries. I can't do them either. I don't think we are supposed to be eating them anyway. (seeds)

Well, I have rambled enough.... Yal stay in the box. Drink your Water. (I'm having a problem with that water thing) Have a good day!

lisa

Edited by Lisa G.

Hey, Lisa, I'll eat the other half of your burger. It will go down good for me. LOL

I think today will be nice, Lisa, so you can get out.

I hope so, dh and the little boy are in a fishing tournament this morning. Little boy has ball practice this afternoon. I hope it's not gonna be windy.

As for the hamburger..... I haven't had a real, true to life hamburger since I got my band. A Randy's Burger sure sounds good!!!! mmmmmm

Yall have a good day!

ljg

Oh... and SugarB, you would NOT have a problem knowing who I was. Still not skinny.(according to my short body)

I'm kinda bummed out over the support group thing. I know there are people that have bands that need support. I just kinda like to go and see how everyone is progressing and visatate with everyone. (VIS-A-TATE is a east texas word. lol means to visit with people.) :tt1:

Gotta go. I'm wasting my morning!

lisa

Thanks Dr. H, I think the root of all my problems is too little Protein. I do okay when I do take those supplement...but they sure get old after a while. I like the test tube thingy's too. I will do a shot of protein next time I feel chocolate calling to me.

oh lisa did you get out and enjoy the beautiful day???? i did lots of master gardener stuff today and yesterday and will tomorrow and inbetween i worked in my yard (it looks real good at this time just hoping and praying maggie won't unplant everything i planted) djh is running his legs off hipp hopping (we rent bounce houses for kids party) that said i am tired!!!!

This is just a suggestion, but maybe some of you guys could pile in the car together and split the gas for the trip to T-Town, if not every month, maybe every other month. Gas is certainly an issue. But that way, it wouldn't dig too deep into anybody's pocket. Hope you can work out something, I enjoy the meetings too. Hope I can make the next one. April 14th I believe. 2nd Mon.

I can't make meetings on second Mondays. I have commitee meetings at church that nite. This is not good.

Yes Susan, I enjoyed being outside all weekend! Spring is here and I love it! I hope Maggie doesn't get into the "unplanting" mode too. That sure would be a bad thing after working so hard to get it in the ground. That whole Master gardner thing sounds like fun.

Like I said before, I'm really bummed out over this no support group meeting thing. I feel like I've been abandoned. Nevermind.... I won't be negative today.

Yall have a good day, stay in the box, and drink your Water.< /p>

lisa

lisa i'll hold your hand and help you through this just email me or call if you get all down and out!

Good morning everyone,

Today is a new day. Right, Lisa?

Well, I need to know if anyone remembers the pre-op diet? I remember the Day 1&2 - Slimfast for Breakfast, lunch & dinner

Day 3 - Slimfast for breakfast and lunch, dinner, a garden salad w/ fat-free dressing

Day 4 ???????

Day 5??????

I'm going to do it this week to see if I can lose a few pounds before my next fill (4/14).

I thought I had not lost nor gained, be it seems that I did gain about 3 pounds. So for myself, I'm going to try to lose it. Thanks!!!!!!!

I know Lisa, Stay in the box, but as pretty as it is today, everyone might want to go play in the sun. LOL