Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Texarkana Bandsters

Hi everyone! Just wanted to say Hi! Things are kinda crazy at my house right now. Busy, busy, busy.... yall know how it is.

Yall stay positive and work hard to stay in the box today.

Talk to everyone later!

Hi to all. I went for a fill this a.m. We rushed over and straight back. My husband is short handed at the store. I would have loved to stay for a while and done something. I am really getting cabin fever. I did not lose any weight unless it was a pound or two. We didn't know what the cast weighed. The good news is that I hadn't gained. Could hardly believe that. All I do is eat and lay up for the most part. As usual I don't feel anything but a gurgle once and a while from the fill. Of course today it will be liquids and tomorrow mushies. Hopefully I can tell something in a few days. Dr. Hekier said I was doing okay. It was busy today too. He was very nice and took time with me. I suspect it will be busier everytime we go due to all the people getting banded. Well got to go and get this darn leg in the air.

Julie, Mrs. Betty is back. Hope you hear something soon.

Hey~ Glad to hear you're doing better Sugarbear! I'm sure it was good to get out today. Nice cool breeze out.

I may call the office, I hate to bug them, but I know I am gaining more wt. just waiting to hear something,and I've got to get back on slim fast NOW. I'm probably one of the few that actually likes it. Plus the holidays are coming and I sure don't want to be doing the pre-op right before all that stuff! I'd really like to have the surgery behind me before the holidays hit.

Later!

Hey Julie, you are right, it was great to get out and I think you may be the only person that likes Slimfast! lol Maybe you could just call your insurance co. They are the ones holding the cards. Do they allow WL surgery on your plan? Mine did, but only 50%. So there wasn't really any waiting. Did you get all your pre-op stuff completed? They are really efficient at PS, so when they get the word I think they will call pretty quick. It is easier to do this before the holidays. BUT, we have some that did the pre-op durring the Xmas holidays. Whew! They are some tough gals!I have a friend that had her surgery Dec. 28th! She felt like that was one way to avoid all the extra holiday food that would pile extra pounds on for her to have to get off. She was a trooper. Me, I am a weenie. My friends on this thread helped me through every day of pre-op. Hang in there, it will be here before you know it. It is quite a journey. You will do great.

Howdy y'all....

Been a week and a day since last post here. 1st fill went ok but still feel a little "funny"; just takes getting used to. I'm down a little more on weight but only a pound or so. My Youngest son (Guy) had a birthday party with cake from All in Good Taste. Yikes!

OK; I can't eat the cake so I'll gobble the icing which is best part!!!

It's ok to "treat" myself once in awhile. And besides, birthday cake doesn't have any sugar or calories right? LOL!

We got Guy a Nintendo Wii for his birthday. Wow! IT'S REALLY COOL! That thing really gets you off the couch and actually makes you exercise while having fun. It's really good for the kids to exercise (if they're not outside because of bad weather) and adults too.

Oh well, hope y'all are good and check in later...:peep:

Oh... and I went to the fair; didn't even eat anything bad like an Elve's peanut patty or anything!!

Hi everyone.

Sugarbear, glad you are doing better. I know it helped to have a change of scenery, even if just for a little while. You know, I'll just bet you have lost some. If you weigh the same as you did before (without the cast) as you did this time (with the cast)..... and the cast weighs xx amount. hmmmmm, what do you think? That must be encouraging. lol

Julie, I went thru Christmas on my pre-op diet. Yep, it's hard, but if you want something bad enough, you can do it. My surgery was on Dec. 29th, so I couldn't cheat. But it was ok, I was determined not to mess it up, since it took so long for me to get approved. It's hard, but not impossible. If a wimp like me can do it, surely you can. lol

The fair is going on this week at Mt. Pleasant. Things are crazier than ever round here. (I didn't know it could get any crazier.)

Talk to yall later. Have a blessed day and stay in the box!

Hello everyone!

I was thinking about you Sugarbear weighing in the same as before you had the cast, so with the cast on, that's probably an additional 3 lbs, if not more, sooooo I figure you LOST at minimum 3 lbs. That's good considering all you have gone thru lately.

I have done all my pre-op stuff, I called my insurance and they do pay for it, but don't know how much of it. I've left messages for Betty a couple times, but she hasn't called back. So she's probably waiting on verification.

I am glad to see this rain we've been getting. I live up at Whitecliffs, Ar and all the trees are turning, Fall is here, which makes me feel GREAT!!

Thanks for all the words of encouragement and hope. Ya'll are great people. Have a Blessed day:)

Thanks Julie and Lisa.

Thj, they make the best cakes ever! We had them do an Italian Cream, and a fresh strawberry for a party one time and everyone raved. That has been awhile, but they were so moist, unlike most cakes.

I may have lost 2 maybe three pounds. I think that is about the weight of the cast.

Our fair is going on too. I don't guess I will get to take my grandson this year. I hate that! He is so much fun to take. He doesn't get to do a lot and when he does, he is soooooo happy. He is so easy to please and so happy. He is 3. My one and only.

Julie, if your ins pays and you don't have to argue with them, your approval should be quick. If not, confront your ins and ask them when your approval is comming. They don't get in a hurry for anything but a premium. After approval all you have to do is get a surgery date, and do your pre-op diet.

Sugarbear, saw you in Amigo's tonight...looks like you are about to get adjusted to that cast. Glad to see you out and about. Did your hubby have the surgery also. I know he comes to the meetings with you but wasn't sure. Anyway, glas to see you are better. Mizboo

Good morning everyone.

My 3 day a week job has turned into 5 this week. Just wanted to let everyone know I was thinking bout yall. Stay positive and work hard today to stay in the box.

talk to yall later.

hey i just ran into miss skinny minnie lisa g. at the titus co. fair tonite and she is looking so good. way to go skinny minnie lisa!!!

Aww shucks, Susan.... I'm a long way from skinny. You were looking pretty small yourself.

How's everyone this morning? I sure miss not getting to "chat" to everyone.

It's starting to feel like fall, yall. I just looked at my thermometer and it said 56!!!! Well.... it didn't actually "say" 56, maybe it "displayed" 56. Either way, that's a might chilly. lol Makes me wanna get out and enjoy the ragweed. Man, I am having a awful time with allergies. But, I know yall don't wanna hear bout that.

Tell me what's been happening with everyone this week. Sugarbear, how are you feeling?

Julie, any news? Shannon? How's things? Lynn, I missed you last weekend. We got whupped bad. Yall have some really big kids! Genia, you still there? You little ole Okie! THJ, how are you feeling since the fill? Teresa.... are you still there?

Oh and just so yall will know, Susan is NOT limping on the toe. lol She ran off faster than a jack rabbit last nite. I didn't know she could move that fast. lol Just kiddin, Susan.

Yall have a good day. Football game, Clarksville, this afternoon. Go Rebels!!!

hey lisa i had master gardening duties to do!!!! we ended up staying at the fair till around 10:00 We listen to Terry Fator he was the one that won America's got Talent this year and he was at our little fair he had booked before he won and so the fulfilled the booking which i thought was really cool since he is going to vegas next month and both of his show are sold out. if you didn't see the show he an impressionist and a venquilist

(SP) he was really goood.

trying to get the yard in shape my dh doesn't spent as much time on weeding and stuff like i do and today i was finally able to get my bum knee out side to work on the flower beds. and what to i find first thing this morning a little baby snake under the elephant ears i was trying to cut down. i caught him and took him in to my husband to see what kind he was but dh wasn't sure so i took him to my brothers house and he said he thought it was not a poision snake but my mom killed him anyway. have had time to think about eating the last couple of days and haven't made to the the grocery store so i've been slime fasting today!!! my i guess i'm chatty kathy today

bye for now

We just got home from the fair a little bit ago. Had to bring T up to see all the stuff. I didn't have Slime fast for dinner. I had Blalock BBQ (chopped beef) I know, I didn't make a good choice, but it sure tasted good. And I'm so full, I'm bout to bust open. mmmmm mmmmm good!

There was a guy at the fair walking around with a snake around his neck. I sure hope it wasn't your little snake, Susan. If it was, I would hate to see it grown up. lol I'm glad the fair is behind us for another year. There's just too many people up there for me.

C-ya later,