Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Texarkana Bandsters

Sharon, why did you go and do something like that? I'm sorry to hear that. Hope it's not too painful. Hang in there, prayers for you.

Teresa, hope you are feeling well this morning.

Julie, it is a general anesthesia, but you aren't asleep long. You will be fine. Very good team at Wadley. That's were mine was done.

Susan, what kinda new ride did you get? Lucky!

Hope everyone has a good day!

poor sugarbear. That sucks. i hope the pain goes away soon. my pain is a little better today, just getting to eat creammy Soups is a plus ! I HATE broth.< /p>

Sharon! Let me know if there's anything I can do. I'll update you on what happens at the meeting tonight. Man, what luck! Hope you get to feeling better soon.

I tried on my wedding dress because I got bored last night....it was too BIG! Woohoo!

Sorry, Surgarbear, I hope that you have a speedy recover.

TP, glad to see that things are going well for you.

Did someone get a "new" car?:eek: Wish I could. LOL Happy for you.:clap2:

Shannon, I was sooooooooo looking forward to seeing you get your pin tonight! I wanted to Hoot n Hollar for you. Really embarrass you. lol. Is your husband going to be there? My leg is so bad right now, I doubt I will make it. My dh said he would bring me if he can get off work in time. He knows I wanted to see you get your pin. If I don't make it, know I will be there in thought. If you listen....you'll hear me clapping and hollering for you. I don't go back to the doctor til the 20th to see if they can even cast it. In the mean time I have to keep it elevated, can't even touch my toe to the floor. This SUCKS!!!!

You nurses on here...when is this thing going to get better?? Had surgery Wed. Screws on both sides, and plates on one side. Everything looks like it is in the same direction now too. Wed. my foot pointed one direction and my leg the other. The paramedics said the bone was nearly through the skin. Looked like a big elbow sticking out of my leg under the skin. Real deformed looking. Ugly. Glad everything is going the same direction now. Made me kinda queasy to look at it. Take care everyone. Don't break your leg!

Boy Sugarbear! You really had a bad break!!

Hope everything heals up ok.

This is one of the reasons I wanted to get banded. I have fallen like 4 times this past year and all because it feels like my balance is off.

Sugarbear.... If I can help..... send me a mail or something, k? Man, that's MY kind of luck. I really hate it for you. It probably would have made me more than just queasy to look at it. I think I might have lost it. Weren't you supposed to have an appointment at Dr. K's office today? I reckon, they might let you out of exercising now. Boy, some people will do anything to get out of exercise. lol You hang in there, like I said before, I have added you to the prayer list.

Shannon...... Way to go on the dress thing. What a moral boost! That is cool.

Well, I have an appointment in the morning. 9 AM, Glo. Don't know if I can get there sooner, but I will try if you need me too. Try not to think about the stick. I have said it before, if you stress out and get tense, it makes it harder for the needle to penetrate the skin and therefore makes it hurt more. Just try to relax and think about something else. I know it's easier said than done, but you can do it.

Teresa, instead of broth, I used the Soup from chicken noodle soup. NO chunks or noodles. It's a lot better than just broth. I hated it too. You can always have another SLIME FAST! lol

My little guy's team lost the game Saturday evening. Poor things looked like a bunch of little chickens with their heads off. I sure hope they are better equipped to handle the crowd and stuff this Saturday. Tanner did really well in his positions, but he was a little starry eyed and confused.

Yall have a good day!

Thanks, Lisa. My appt is at 8:15, (I think that Dr.'s H&K probably won't be there that early). I will try hard to relax. It is so bad how scared I am of needles. I'll think of you, Surgarbear and how brave you were. I probably would have passed out. LOL

Dr. K tried to get me to touch my port and I absolutely freaked out, I would not do it. For 55, I am such a weenie.:help:

Now after I get my fill, I can drink, but is there anything beside slim fast that I can drink?

Sharon, Don't come to the meeting if you're hurt that bad! You need to take it easy and get better!

I talked to Betty today and she said it was okay to only 3-4 bites at each meal as long as I'm feeling good (not hungry) and taking my supplements. I am sliming more than normal, but if it doesn't resolve itself by my next fill on October 8 then they will take some out...she said that could have been caused by a visit from TOM, that you stomach swells up then. I didn't know that. I feel like I may be at my sweet spot already!

Sugarbear we wish you a speedy recovery. Drop us a line, email Betty or Jamie to let them know how you are doing, (and who you are B) )

Remember this month there is no support group meeting in Mt. Pleasant. Tonight's meeting was in Texarkana, and the next one is in Idabel, OK on September 24. Always check out the support group schedule on the website.

We are having a new contest on the blog page. The last contest was for your mind, a free copy of the Khalia Ali book, and this contest is for your stomach. We are offering a $50 gift certificate to the Ironwood Grill, a great healthy restaurant here in Texarkana. We're already thinking of the holiday season coming upon us, and want to encourage healthy eating.(Go to the main page at Lap Band Surgery Texarkana- Serving Oklahoma, Texas, Arkansas, Louisiana and then click on 'blog'.)

I am trying to post on the blog for the contest but it won't publish my comment? Wonder if I am doing something wrong. First it said invalid password, now it just doesn't publish it. I'll start over and try again later.

Dr. Hekier, thank you and everyone else for the well wishes. I know there are lots of people with worse injuries than mine to complain about. Feel guilty about the whining. I guess I am a weenie, but I am ready for a break from this constant pain. I am basically a well person. I love caring for others but I am not good on the other end of the spectrum.

Shannon, did you tell everyone at the meeting about the wedding dress? How awesome! Maybe you will win the gift certificate and you, Gus and dh can go out and celebrate! Did you heare me clapping and hollering for you? I started about 7:45.

Tried to sign up for the contest again, no dice. I did it last month with no problem. I wonder if I had to register and use a different password or something? Says my password is invalid. Thought it was the same as what I use on here. hmmmm. It doesn't ask for me to send for it If I don't remember it. Can't figure it out. Lisa, got any ideas?

I don't know Sugarbear. I'll study on it for a few minutes. Glad to see you posting. Hope you are feeling better this morning.

I want yall to know.... I lost NINE pounds this six weeks. Officially!!!!!! Yay Me!!!! Still can't move that stupid ticker. BUT I got a small fill this morning and I just know that is gonna do it. THAT is confidence! lol

Glo..... how did you do? Are you ok? I guess you were long gone when I got there. I will never make another appointment at 9am again. Too much rushing around. The office wasn't torn to smithereens and everyone seemed calm enough, so I take it you did ok. lol

Sugarbear, I just went to the site and it wouldn't take my password either. I just clicked on the sign up box and made a new account with all the same stuff and it worked. Try it, but be sure to write your password and stuff down somewhere.

Lisa, I did good. :) I ask D. H if he would talk to me as he did the fill. He was fine with talking, but I have to admit, I only heard every other word, I was still sort of scared, but I made it. I looked for you (like I would recognize you, lol). I left around 8:30, drove like a mad woman to get to school before 3rd period.

Lisa, congrats on the weight loss. :whoo:

I lost 13lbs. I was too happy. Now I've got to try and fix my ticker.

Sugarbear, I thought that was so thoughtful of Dr. H to post a "get well" note to you. Hope everyday is a better day than the last.