Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December Bandsters

Dream G'day :(

I'm new to the forum also, you can read about my journey so far in introductions.

I was banded on December 19th, just over 2 weeks ago.

I dropped 5.4 kilos in my 4 days in hopsital but nothing since (sad face)

I've been allowed to eat drinking yogurt, ice cream, milky drinks, Soups (not all clear) so long as they are thin and of consistency to pass through a straw. I havn't found this difficult at all, its a good variety. I'm not eating anywhere enough to put on weight or maintain my weight, so I'm at a loss as to why I hav'nt lost more as yet, but I'm trying to be patient and only weigh in once a week. I'm ok with the variety of liquids, so long as I'm not hungry. But I have been moody moody moody, I'm putting this down to junk food withdrawal. I can't just eat my feelings anymore, so I'm having to find a new way to deal with things including this change in my life. So yeah I've experienced the Moods and still am. I seem to have lost the bubbly evervesant side to myself, but hey we have just had surgery and turned our lives upside down. Once the weight loss starts, I'm sure I'll be happier. Congratulations to all on making the decision to be healthier. Some great positive and inspiring reading here that will help me on my journey to a thinner me. Thanks all for your contribution. NGAdams very inspiring reading :eek: CHEERS. I've tried to add a weight loss tricker and a signature, but feel I have failed in that department, if anyone can send a message to help me with that I'd be really greatful :) Thanks in advance :)

Gerbera! Getting to eat all of those yummy things! I'd kill for some of them. Isn't that sad? (LOL) I want to thank you for the note. I do feel better!

dream:

I'm sorry that you're grumpy and hungry and having a hard time. It seems to me that you're focusing on all the wrong stuff. Instead of thinking about all of the food you can't have, you need to think about all the things you're gaining. We've all been where you are. Sore, irritable, questioning, and shaken up. You've got to ground yourself. Why did you get the band in the first place? What did you want for yourself? I'm sure your end goal hasn't changed. Focus on that, and the rest should fall into place.

Remember why you're fat (and I'm fat and we're all fat) in the first place: those "yummy things" you're craving. Yummy means fattening, according to the way we thought before. If we thought fresh fruits and veggies, lean meats and fat free dairy was "yummy" we'd all be a size 8 with hair to our asses and glowing complexions! *smile* You can do it, dream! Just put your mind into it.

Nathalie

Nathalie-- When I spoke of "yummy" things.....I was talking about the food she's eating now. I've been allowed to eat drinking yogurt, ice cream, milky drinks, Soups (not all clear) so long as they are thin and of consistency to pass through a straw.

I know why I did it, in the first place. I was just trying to express that I'm having a hard time right now and need to talk about it. I thought it would help to talk to people.

Nathalie-- When I spoke of "yummy" things.....I was talking about the food she's eating now. I've been allowed to eat drinking yogurt, ice cream, milky drinks, Soups (not all clear) so long as they are thin and of consistency to pass through a straw.

I know why I did it, in the first place. I was just trying to express that I'm having a hard time right now and need to talk about it. I thought it would help to talk to people.

I understood your post, and I understand your feelings. Just tried to add some perspective. Take my post for what it's worth. I was trying to help, sorry if you didn't read it as such. I'll take care to offer advice as requested from now on. :( Good luck, dream! I'm sure you'll do great.

Dream -

Nat is a tough love kinda girl... so dont think it was meant negativly...

You have to read it in the "playful, telling it like it is" kinda tone.

Trust us, we understand... read back a few pages and you will see all of us saying the same things you are saying right now. We just like to keep ourselves on track while still empathizing with what your feeling :-)

Nat is a tough love kinda girl... so dont think it was meant negativly...

b'man - thanks *hug* You don't have to "explain" me. People either get me or they don't. No biggie. I never mean to hurt feelings, but I don't know how to be any other way but direct with people. I shoot straight arrows, sometimes they miss their mark. :) And sometimes I can come out gangbusters when all someone wants is to be placated.

It's all good.

Well, you'll like Nat she's freakin hilarious. You can be comfortable here, and always remember... we are ALL in the same boat. I've been on this thread a long time... and everyone is always 100% understanding.

BUT they will kick ur butt and help keep you on track too...

Welcome to the board. Feel free to pick right back... we all need the encouragement.

dream:

Oh I'm with you on all those yummy things. I have 4 weeks on liquids before I'm allowed to move to vitamised (15 more days) If I had to stick to just clear Soups I'm sure I'd be going stir crazy. "All those yummy things" I'm having are low fat dairy and low fat vitamised soups by the way. But they do add flavour and something to look forward to, to satisfy the taste buds. Welcome to the Forum (I'm new here also) Express all you need about your frustrations we are in this together. It wasn't easy making this decision, and even though it's made, that doesn't mean it's going to be easy street and easy sailing. Stay with it, just know this time will pass and it will get easier. How soon before you can have more than clear soups? Good Luck with the weight loss CHEERS

okiefamily - kristin:

Great weight loss in such a short time - Congrats :)

PS: I still need some help with the weight loss ticker and a signature if anyone can assist CHEERS

Gerbera---3rd week berfore I get yogurt and milk products. Isn't it something how different the doctor's instructions are? (How long to wait before the next stage, etc?) Who would think that I'd ever dream about a noodle in my chicken broth? LOL

I do appreciate your understanding! :) :biggrin1:

Dream G'day :)

I'm new to the forum also, you can read about my journey so far in introductions.

I was banded on December 19th, just over 2 weeks ago.

I dropped 5.4 kilos in my 4 days in hopsital but nothing since (sad face)

I've been allowed to eat drinking yogurt, ice cream, milky drinks, Soups (not all clear) so long as they are thin and of consistency to pass through a straw. I havn't found this difficult at all, its a good variety. I'm not eating anywhere enough to put on weight or maintain my weight, so I'm at a loss as to why I hav'nt lost more as yet, but I'm trying to be patient and only weigh in once a week. I'm ok with the variety of liquids, so long as I'm not hungry. But I have been moody moody moody, I'm putting this down to junk food withdrawal. I can't just eat my feelings anymore, so I'm having to find a new way to deal with things including this change in my life. So yeah I've experienced the Moods and still am. I seem to have lost the bubbly evervesant side to myself, but hey we have just had surgery and turned our lives upside down. Once the weight loss starts, I'm sure I'll be happier. Congratulations to all on making the decision to be healthier. Some great positive and inspiring reading here that will help me on my journey to a thinner me. Thanks all for your contribution. NGAdams very inspiring reading :) CHEERS. I've tried to add a weight loss tricker and a signature, but feel I have failed in that department, if anyone can send a message to help me with that I'd be really greatful :) Thanks in advance :)

hi Gerbera

I am in the same boat as yo - I am one week post op and am feeling alot of the same feelings - wondering what the heck did I do to myself - but at the same time happy that i am on to a new begining. maybe thee feelings are normal - maybe those who havenet felt this got lucky or dont remember (time allow us to forget) whatever it is - youre not alone and I am sure it will pass (i hope so anyway!!!) good luck!! one mor eweek of liquids for me (yuck!) and then onto mushies (ground and runny chicken salad here I come!).

Hey all!

Since many of us are "blessed" with still being able to do decent sized bites of food, but now's the time to retrain our brains as when we get our fills, we'll have to be more diligent about small bites and chewing!

Someone suggested to me to not only use salad-sized plates, but child silverware. I ordered some, and will let people know how it goes! (btw, if you order some, the baby sized is too small, get the child's size)

http://www.oneida.com/index.cfm/fuseaction/product.browse/categoryID/0b68c814-072f-4fe0-af14-9b85c9b6799c/

Annie

Adamdee thanks for the info on fills. I had my surgery on the same day you did and my fill should be on the 9th I hope. I really need to feel some restriction again. I am headed for the gym tomorrow and I am going to work my ass off. ( I hope :) ) I had my job interview today and I hope I get the job it sounds like such a great position. Everyone say a prayer for me. Well everything else is good today. I talked to bman IM last night and I got to say I might be losing weight with out all of you but I wouldn't feel as good as I do with out you. Nat your right some times I need to remmeber I am fat and I didn't get this way because I had good eating habits. I need to change my thinking maybe even more than my eating habits. I am one of those who think one piece of candy won't hurt and then I am off and running. I need to stay the hell out of that stuff! Point taken. Thanks. Well I need to go hope everyone has a great night. Love you all !!!!

Well, I made my goal of getting into the gym 4 times this week.

30 minutes of cardio each time, too. I'm going to build up to 45 minutes (adding 3 minutes a week for 5 weeks).

I feel great.

Probably ate too much for dinner, but I'm still working on the Portion Control thing. I have it down for Breakfast and lunch, but dinner always gets me.