Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am starving - stop me !

I had surgery on Nov. 3, and I was doing ok. Tonight, I tried to sneak a bite of my mother's chile relleno, and everybody intervened and it PISSED ME OFF (even though I told everybody in advance to do just this if it came down to it).

Yet, I knew it was a good thing because I guess a fried cheese-filled somewhat spicy pepper isn't the best on a stomach that underwent surgery four days ago.

Anyway, I hate to admit it but I'm craving Mexican food. Rice and Beans. Chile rellenos. Tacos. chips and salsa. All with a big, icy diet coke.

Please help me, guys. What can I do to stop this craving? My first fill isn't until Nov. 30. I'm sorry if I come across as a whiner. I'm just truly craving Mexican food.

Thanks !

Just remember everyone has been right there. We've all had our moments of temptation, but that soon after surgery I think is way too early to try and cheat. Everyones experiences are different but their is a lady that had the surgery and a week later cheated and had a small bite of steak the next day she was back in the hospital having her band removed because it had gotten so stuck she had no choice. The Dr then refused to put a new band back in. Just remember this is something you obviously wanted really bad and surely for good reasons so when you get tempted think of those reasons and maybe it will help you pass the craving. You'll get through this and it will be worth it. Good Luck to you!!!

No problem anytime, this is a great place to vent when your having a problem their is always someone here for you!!!! I am 3 months post op and still have so many cravings, but I'm scared to try most of them for fear of getting something stuck or having the dreadful sounding PBing that thank god I haven't experienced. Sometimes I feel like I could kill for a piece of pizza or some rice and Beans. I mean literally "kill" LOL

I'm with you guys i couldn't wait to get on mushie food. After 5 days post op i wanted anything but broth, SF jell-O, SF Ice pop's, and shakes. I got passed that on day 9 when i ate some of my chicken from my broth. I chewed and chewed. I miss cuban food :) I wish i could have White rice so much :( We just have to remember oue health comes first our cravings come WAY LAST!!! :) keep up the good work

I've been telling myself

"food doesn't taste as good as thin feels".

Im a dog groomer and my customers have been calling me Miss Skinny and Im still in the 190's! I no longer fear having a stroke now. I've eaten alot of chinese and mexican and I remind myself that was what got me morbidly obese. When I slid my hips into size 18 jeans from 26s it felt GOOD. No more plus size for me.

Be strong about your craving like you have never been before. The lap band doesn't do that for you. Us bandsters understand like only we can.

edie

Ive been telling myself

"food doesnt taste as good as thin feels".

Im a dog groomer and my customers have been calling me Miss Skinny and Im still in the 190's!

I no longer fear having a stroke now. Ive eaten alot of chinese and mexican and I remind myself that was what got me morbidly obese

That must be a favorite of alot of us, they are def my favorites....CHINESE AND MEXICAN or for me PUERTO RICAN foods. I still eat the chinese but I only eat chicken or shrimp with vegetables and NO rice at all I just order a pint of the actual meal and thats it.

Funny how Mexican is such a common craving after surgery! It was what I wanted too!

Don't do it! Cravings and being hungry, unpleasant as they are, aren't harmful. Eating too soon could be. Yeah, it sucks. But when you are done, and able to eat, you'll look back and be proud of yourself for sticking to it. Honestly!

Yes its to early for solid foods on you Fitz. But I will tell you somthing I have found that Mexican food is what I eat best so I have beef enchi. rice Beans. chips and hot sauce. Now I take the tortilla off the enchilades cause it wont go down so what I do is mix the meat and beans and eat up. I found that the tortillas wont work for me if they are not real soft then if so I have to cut them up real fine but my doctor told me I could have all the chips and hot sauce I wanted but not to over do it. i did not eat solid food for about 6weeks then I had my first fill and the journey bagan for me.

Please be careful so soon after surgery. You need to put some fear into your thought process!!! Read what can and has happened to some people who tried to eat soon after surgery. YIKES, I wouldn't want that to happen to you.

The liquid stage after surgery is hard. No doubt about it. It is also a time to heal and get over surgery. Have a Protein drink, drink some hot tea, or anything that can stave off the hunger.

When you move to mushies it will be easier. Don't push it. The stages of eating after surgery are there for a reason. Ease into all of this. Step away from the table if there is things on there that you can't eat and that are tempting.

Good luck to you and stay strong.

When the head hungry got to be overwhelming, I had some broth or some of the liquid from egg drop Soup. I called the chinese place and ask, can you make egg drop with out the eggs? They did and the thicker broth was just what I needed. It has some corn starch in it to help thicken it. It felt like real food. Also make sure you are eating the broth and stuff in a bowl with a spoon, it tricks the body into thinking you are really eating food. Anything warm made me feel fuller longer. Try some hot tea, also a good clear Protein can help you feel more full. ~Mandy