Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Tanning beds or sunless tanning products?

I like the Jergens lotions that 'tan' your skin more w every application. Very moisturizing.

There are a bunch if YouTube reviews on the loreal sublime bronze- the results look amazing! Always use a mitt! No need for orange palms.

I love Jergins natural glow lotion. I use to use it quite a bit. It's great! If your naturally very pale like myself the natural glow is awesome because it gives the perfect balance of not looking ghostly white but also not looking like you visited the sun LOL. It gave me a very natural looking tan that was subtle but perfect for my skin tone. After applying it every day for like 3 days I noticed a big difference- but I'm also extremely pale lol. I highly recommend!

Wow, testy much?

Anywhooo, go the route of spray tanning at a salon. The self tanners can be hard to get right leaving you with bright orange elbows and knees. The spray tans you can get at salons are much better than the bottled stuff you can get at Walmart.

Just stay off the tanning beds!

I love Jergins natural glow lotion. I use to use it quite a bit. It's great! If your naturally very pale like myself the natural glow is awesome because it gives the perfect balance of not looking ghostly white but also not looking like you visited the sun LOL. It gave me a very natural looking tan that was subtle but perfect for my skin tone. After applying it every day for like 3 days I noticed a big difference- but I'm also extremely pale lol. I highly recommend!

So did you find any discoloration on your hands elbows knees?

Oh Please don't use tanning beds. And the notion of a base tan is a myth. Any tan either from beds or the sun is skin damage period. Don't risk your health for a little color. Its not worth it. Melanoma will kill you. Its extremely deadly.

The Jergens natural glow is great, it doesn't make you orange anywhere. I get a mystic tan sometimes it's great as well! But I will confess bad for you or not, I DO tan In the winter. I suffer from S.A.D. And it helps A LOT! I use a SPF moisturizer on my face and cover it with a towel. I guess ill have to suffer the consequences eventually but it is best for me in the short term. I I also have a light box at home, which helps some.

I used to use self tanners quite a bit. Def use some rubber gloves and I always used a loofah to exfoliate before hand. I use a dab of lotion prior to the tanner on my knees and elbows, ankles/heels as dryer skin areas tend to absorb more tanner (learned that the hard way). I start at my feet and work my way up, applying as evenly as possible. Take your time..and the tanners that are tinted help a lot, so you can see where you've applied. No clothes until it's all dry! One thing that I found out, and it could be just my body chemistry, but I noticed an odd odor to my skin while wearing it, even days later after multiple showers so I just eventually decided I disliked that more than being pale. My last favorite was by neutragena, a tinted foam, it went on very lightly and smoothly with natural looking color. Have fun! :)

I used to use self tanners quite a bit. Def use some rubber gloves and I always used a loofah to exfoliate before hand. I use a dab of lotion prior to the tanner on my knees and elbows' date=' ankles/heels as dryer skin areas tend to absorb more tanner (learned that the hard way). I start at my feet and work my way up, applying as evenly as possible. Take your time..and the tanners that are tinted help a lot, so you can see where you've applied. No clothes until it's all dry! One thing that I found out, and it could be just my body chemistry, but I noticed an odd odor to my skin while wearing it, even days later after multiple showers so I just eventually decided I disliked that more than being pale. My last favorite was by neutragena, a tinted foam, it went on very lightly and smoothly with natural looking color. Have fun! :)[/quote']

So if you go swimming will it start to come off or just fade?

If you don't reapply it weekly, it starts to fade or wear off a little and doesn't look as good. Especially if you scrub in the shower, but no, it doesn't "come off" per say when you get wet.

As a melanoma survivor, please consider the risks of tanning. I tanned for several years in a tanning bed and now have a 7 inch scar on my back to show for it. It's your choice, but be smart and educated! I am first to admit tanning is relaxing and helps relieve minor aches and tension.

So did you find any discoloration on your hands elbows knees?

You have to go a little lighter on knees and elbows and wash your hands well after applying but I haven't had any really bad issues with it on those body parts.

post-30418-13813662457562_thumb.jpg

If you want a tan, get one. Don't worry about a few scars. A sexy body is still sexy even with a few imperfections.

If you want a tan' date=' get one. Don't worry about a few scars. A sexy body is still sexy even with a few imperfections.[/quote']

Love this pic otr! I just wanna give you a big hug:) you just made my night!

kathy at 365.bmp

If you want a tan, get one. Don't worry about a few scars. A sexy body is still sexy even with a few imperfections.

The difference is stretch marks can't kill you.