Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

3 days until banding, I'm so excited I could just sh...

You'll do great...I'm on day 9 of liquid...just know for you that you've got a shorter time and you'll be done with that part quick...take care friend and see ya on the other side...I go Friday so prolly willtalk to you after I'm back online

I have surgery TOMORROW:clap2: , I am nervous and excited all at the same time. liquids are a real struggle with me. TERRIBLE headaches! I think I actually started them with a bit of sinus issues going on and now I can't hardly keep my eyes open late afternoon due to light sensitivity and a very AWFUL headache!

Anyone have this same experience?

I have an allergy to equal and alot of stuff has it in it. It caused headaches and such.

Good luck tomorrow. You will be fine! Let us all know how you are doing when you feel up to it.

liquids are a lot easier AFTER the surgery than before... Good luck!!

If you take prescription meds - see if your pharmacy has liquid or chewable versions. Meds in the morning are tough.

Oh - and screw that "stiff upper lip" crap. Take your pain meds - PAIN IS BAD.

Hugs!

I had my Lap Band surgery Monday and I'm 2 days post op. I was the told the procedure went very well and they discharged me the next morning.

The only 'problem' I had ( and it wasnt even a problem) was the uncertainty factor. Maybe this will help some of you....

Last night as I went to lay down I had the most god awful pain amd actually thought something went wrong. Take ease - NOTHING was wrong, It was just REALLY BAD gas. The doctor on call told me to relax, get a heating pad, and walk around a bit to releve the gas ( I was walking around all day, too, btw). Once it passed ( sorry for the pun ) I am feeling SOOOO much better this morning!!!

I'm still a bit sore and swollen, but i know the worst has passed and I'm looking forward to what the future brings! Good luck to those who are pre-op, You'll be fine, just like I am !

after your surgery.........WALK~WALK~WALK! You will do fine-Will be thinking about you,best of luck!

Well I am banded. I had headaches the first two days but they are better now. I also had profuse vomiting after the anti nausea patch wore off. :sick Not good for a new bander but there was nothing I could do, I just kept heaving. I stopped the pain meds and finally Thursday afternoon I stopped. ( Banded Wed AM.) The pain was tuff but anything was better than being so sick. I think I am fine I was able to go for a walk today and eat soft food mainly Soups and protien drinks. Wed I get to move to mushy foods. I am a bit hungry at times but nothing horrific. :nervous The gas and sleeping is my issues right now. But walking seems to help. I hoped this would have been a bit easier road but it what it is.... :rolleyes

Congrats! You'll do fine, just need some time right now. Yeah, it was a little tougher for me then I thought it was going to bee too. I was banded last Manday and I am going back to work Tomorrow, a week later. The bulk of my pain went away by Saturday. Be careful, the pain medicine itself gave me dry heaves. The most discomfort I have at this point is turning too fast and iritating where the port is. My biggest concern now is getting my enery level back up.

Hi guys,

I have just joined this site. I had my band on the 26th September 2006 here in Melbourne Australia where I live.

I am really sorry for all the pain and vomitting and stuff that you have all experienced - however - I have to say that it has made me feel sooooo much better - I thought it was just me that was having days when it was really difficult to cope. Knowing what to eat - how much to eat - the gas pain - the lethargy. Now I have the issue of really missing the food - it is like loosing a companion. I think this sounds odd! But it is the way I feel.

It is lovely when people comment on the weight I am loosing but it also feels strange (in a good way most of the time).

Anyway - all the best to everyone.

Cheers

Amanda

Highest 155 kgs (341lbs)

Pre-band 142 kgs (312.4 lbs)

Last Week 126.5 kgs (278.3 lbs)

YAY already lost 15.5 kgs (34.1 lbs) in 6 weeks :clap2:

Hello everyone! My band date is coming up very very soon, in just four days! I have been doing the liquid diet now for 6 days and have lost about 9 lbs on it! It is very difficult but worth it and I think that it has been preparing me for other lifestyle changes. I am just worried that I may have to reschedule my surgery due to sinus issues. It is not uncommon for me to have sinus pressure and headaches when the weather changes, and in Chicago it does so so often. I am just worried that it will turn into a sinus infection which is not uncommon for me either....