Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Surgery at 9am tomorrow 16th

I have to be there at 6am tomorrow! I am first on the surgical schedule. I live 45-60 minutes from the hospital...so we all know I am not getting any sleep tonight. Good luck to my sleeve sisters (and Misters if there are any for tomorrow).

Good luck and all the best wishes juliannaj! Make sure that after driving you walk walk walk before you hop on the table. It's important to promote circulation in your legs. Will keep us all in my prayers.

Me too same time! Good luck

Good luck and best wishes! I have to be there by 7am as well.

Finally surgery 9am tomorrow' date=' mixed feelings of excitement, nervous & scared. I truly wish good luck to everyone having surgery tomorrow. I also pray for safe surgery, steady surgeon hands and speedy recovery for us all. This is a big -huge step... And I have faith in the Lord that all will be well.[/quote']

Best of luck to you an everyone schedule for surgery 2mrw!! You'll do great....keep us posted big wishes for a speedy recovery

Hope your doing good. I had a rough time this morning after surgery.

Hi asifitsthelast, Im sorry about your discomfort but I have read that the first few days can be tough but every day it gets a little better! Feel free to post throughout the week and we will send you words of encouragement.

Hello all, this is an update. Went to preop, wheeled to or, and woke up in recovery all in matter of 4 hrs. Surgery time was 75 mins. Came out with 5 little abdominal dressings, no drain. For pain iVI had diladid pca pump which was wonderful had it overnight till 6am. Then switched to oral elixir, nasty but it works. Bring HoT compress!!! It works wonders bec gas pain is painful. I had to walk walk walk all the time every 30 mins - 1 hr. finally felt so worn out that I slept this afternoon. RN said I need to rest bec gas pains take time, and it goes away for some quickly, for some over couple of days. No appetite yet, nauseated with food, still have IV for hydration. Awaiting for md if I will be sent home or kept one more night. If not for gas pain, I'm good to go. Thanks for everyone's prayers! Best of luck to us all, and may we have speedy recovery. I'll keep y'all posted soon!

Glad to hear that Misty! This question is a bit tmi but wanted to know if you woke up with a catheter or did your bladder wake up immediately. I've got anxieties about all of that! ugh

They had one on me but took it out before I woke up.

Catheter is nothing! I had one for both of my csections. Not painful at all

Glad to hear that Misty! This question is a bit tmi but wanted to know if you woke up with a catheter or did your bladder wake up immediately. I've got anxieties about all of that! ugh

Hi beauty,

I didn't feel the catheter, from OR to recovery was pretty blank, I don't remember anything. They gave me propofol, versed and fentanyl for sedation which are wonderful coz I don't remember anything. Wa Intubated with ventilato and foley-- but I was told they will be out rigt after surgery. Roux n y the foley they keep but not for sleeve. They won't out foley until you're out so don't worry ;)

Update: Pain meds-- make sure you try your pain meds in the hospital to make sure it works before u get home. I got discharged late last night 7pm bec meds didn't work. It actually worked but they wanted to give it every 6 hrs, but the interval is too long. I asked for every 4--- the asked until I got it. The nurses were nice but not very proactive about it. So ask!

Walk walk walk- I walked every 30 mins coz miserable from gas pain. gas X didn't help much--I passed gas at home and we have 3 floors at home, maybe that helped. But give it time-- you can't rush it but when it happens its bliss! I slept in sitting position bec my stomach hurts too much. Drink your pain elixir! I did my incentive spirometer ( gadget to exercise the lung) coz the pain was not making me take deep breaths. The last thing I want was pneumonia so I did it hitting 1500 evening it hurts.

This am, took pain meds. Used abdominal binder --- that helped 200%! Ibwish I had known and brought it with me to hospital. I can walk better and don't feel so swollen.

Challenge: drinking enough. After 1 oz Water, I feel full. Need to use cell alarm to remind me to drink. Overall-- regret yesterday, and feel so much better today. Need to work on not getting dehydrated.

That's all for now... Hope these helps all the preops out there :)

post-44430-13813662364429_thumb.jpg

This is the five incisions... I can shower today and take off the dressings. So miserable and regretful yesterday, but feels so much better today. Hang in there everyone!