Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone use protein shots?

Has anyone tried them post op? I can't stand Protein shakes and i'm nervous I won't get enough Protein in the weeks before I can eat pureed solid foods.

Still visiting doctors, but planning VSG in the next couple of months.

I should have specified - liquids shots to drink (avail at GNC), not intravenous shots. :)

Talk to your NUT regarding the kind of Protein is best for you. Do a search on this site for Protein Shots. A lot of folks on here have said their (and mine) NUT directed them towards whey Protein. It is the quickest absorption. Protein shots usually contain very little whey protein and are mostly casein protein, which is a slower release and good for body builders, but not so much for us.

I had to go through several brands of Protein shakes before I found one that worked for me. I settled with Premier Protein from costco. You can also get them at Sams. They are not too sweet and are ready to drink.

They work for me.

Do you like jello-o? I plan on making sf jello-o with unflavored Protein Powder

Google the shots before you buy them. There are some Protein Shots that our body doesn't absorp, so it my be a waste of $$ and time.

If you can sample the shots first, I bought a box and ended up dumping the rest. They were terrible. Stick with the shakes!

MOST of these "protein" shots do not contain bioavailable Protein, which means that your wasting your money and punishing your taste buds for no reason!

OTR, where are you???

Thanks, everyone!

I checked with my NUT, and she nixed the Protein shot 'New Whey liquid Protein'! I have to say though the protein mixes I get from her are really tasty! I use Z-Pro chocolate or vanilla shakes they contain 25g of protein, or I will use Proti 15 mixes, they have 15g of protien and come in a variety of fruit flavors! To me they taste really good, and they mix up very well, unlike some that I have tried. I get mine form my NUT, no one else sells them locally, but I have googled them and found numerous websites that sell them.