Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ok, might have to turn in my man card for asking this....

I don't know about a physical fight but I could definitely win in a battle of wits with 20 something butterthebean. I was such an idiot.

I don't know about a physical fight but I could definitely win in a battle of wits with 20 something butterthebean. I was such an idiot.

You really shouldn't leave an opening like that ;)

Otr,

Im right with you, but......

I am a CHL license holder and 8 rounds of 230 grain jacketed hollowpoints will equalize just about any threat! No matter how "BIG" they are!

It only takes 1 round

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using VST

I was always taught 1 round when you are on the offensive(hunting), but when you are defending, pull the trigger till it goes "click"

It's all about round placement you can pull it till it goes click but if you don't hit anything you're still **** out of luck. Practice makes perfect it's the same as driving your big truck cross country do it right the first time.

post-31329-13813662400527_thumb.png

[ATTACH]8396[/ATTACH]

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using VST

I realize this post is a little old, but I wanted to chime in. In 2009 I started training in MMA / Brazilian Jui Jitsu. I was 300lbs at 5"9. I've always been able to handle myself physically and have great flexibility even for people of normal size.

I am worried about some parts of this weight loss.. Right now, I hit like a truck, and rarely get taken down. I am worried that without the weight I might be much easier to be taken down, but that just means I will work more on my wrestling. I also won't be paired up with guys that are 6"3 anymore for the most part because I plan want to get down to 185 which would give me the ability to cut down to 170 for fights.

What the less weight will do for us, is give us much more speed, stamina, and the ability to do many of the moves that fat restricts. Honestly, you will NOT get a better workout then BJJ class. I was active all my life. HS wrestling, football, and gym workouts, but I never sweat so much as I did in BJJ class. It's also not just a workout of your body, but of your mind.

I would suggest to anyone interest in martial arts to look up a FEW schools in your area. Most will offer at least one free class. Some even offer a free month. Try it, see if it's for you, try other schools, and find one that fits.

I went to a school in middletown, NJ after we had a house fire and had to move in with my father for a year, and it was an amazing school. The instructor was and is one of the best I know. When we moved ot Toms River, I had to leave that school due to distance, and I shopped schools all over, and even some with guys that are in the UFC and I didn't care for any of them. Find one that believes in you as a person, now a dollar sign. Those are the ones that you will succeed the most with.

I was a competitive player in Judo since 8 years old, not once have I ever had to do anything outside the dojo or mat relating to Judo outside of work. I think, personally, if you manage your weight, and instead of being skinny fat, you put on some muscle, it will offset the look of "huge and imposing" and turn it in to "masculine and strong" which should have the same effect, it's not like many punk mess with guys who look like they can handle themselves. I'm also a big believer in "mental appearance" or "verbal judo". It's how you come across to others, your attitude and personality within such conflict will determine the other parties response.

Walking up to someone saying "uh hey, stop?" isn't going to turn a lot of heads. But a deeper stern tone is gonna have a different response. In law enforcement, I used to worry about losing weight, but I've seen guys half my size right now hold their own without any issues. And, as said, worst case scenario, my .45 will do my talking for me in the event it's absolutely necessary. Most conflicts can be avoided with a cool collective head, it's not too hard. And not to say anything negative about BJJ or anything, I'm a huge fan, but in all honesty, most actual conflicts where physical contact is not in any way avoidable, say a robbery, if you're not a chl carrier and completely trained, I don't recommend the false hope of putting someone down who faces you with a firearm or tire Iron. If it's all hands on no weapons, that's different. Took a call one night of a black belt karate master God of kung fu who got his ass handed to him by a 17 year old with a 2x4. He was apparently legit, had all kinds of medals and all kinds of belt displays and certs on his wall, but I don't think they taught him how to block a 2x4 to the back of the head numerous times.

Yea, since I started MMA I haven't had a single outside "fight" BJJ is a good combat art, but to be totally affective it needs to be combined with other forms. I Study Judo along side BJJ, and I also take boxing, Mua Thai, and submission wrestling.

Honestly, unless you are out asking for it, most of the time you won't get into situation that resort to fists. I'm a biker, and hang with some pretty rough guys and manage to keep myself out of trouble by simply giving respect where it's due, and presenting myself with confidence and calm in situations that are getting heated.

I'd rather "fight" with my friends at the gym and others in the game because they aren't out to hurt you, just to win the match. The ones that aren't don't usually last very long in the game.

Respect. You hit the nail on the head. Too many people walking around like they don't have to respect anyone because they don't personally know them. The whole I'm not gonna respect you until you earn it instead of I'm going to respect you until you give me a reason not to.

Man, I would not want to piss any of you guys off in a dark alley at night. Lol! Seriously, you guys have my respect. This thread is awesome. I will stand up for someone and do the right thing but you guys take the man card to a new level with fighting techniques. Badass to the bone. I am an average type and would not have it in me to Jackie chan some shop lifter onto their ass. Maybe someday. For now I write software for the government and play fiddle in my free time. Hardly badass.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Prdgrdma

So I guess after gastric bypass surgery, I cant eat flock chips because they are fried???  They sell them on here so I thought I could have them. So high in protein and no carbs.  They don't bother me at all.  Help. 
      · 1 reply
      1. NickelChip

It's possible for a very high fat meal to cause dumping in some (30% or so) gastric bypass patients, although it's more likely to be triggered by high sugar, or by the high fat/high sugar combo (think ice cream, donuts). Dietitians will tell you to never do anything that isn't 100% healthy ever again. Realistically, you should aim for a good balance of protein, carbs, and fat each day. Should you eat fried foods every day? No. Is it possible they will make you sick? Maybe. Is it okay to eat some to see what happens and have them for a treat every now and again? Yes.

• NovelTee

I'm not at all hungry on this liquid pre-op diet, but I miss the sensation of chewing. It's been about two weeks––surgery is in two days––and I can't imagine how I'll feel a couple of weeks post-op. Tonight, I randomly stumbled upon a mukbang channel on YouTube, and it was strangely soothing... is it just me, or is this a thing? 
      · 1 reply
      1. NickelChip

I actually watched cooking shows during my pre-op, like Great British Baking Show. It was a little bizarre, but didn't make me hungry. I think it was also soothing in a way.

• Clueless_girl

How do you figure out what your ideal weight should be? I've had a figure in my head for years, but after 3 mths of recovery I'm already almost there. So maybe my goal should be lower?
      · 3 replies
      1. NickelChip

Well, there is actually a formula for "Ideal Body Weight" and you can use a calculator to figure it out for you. This one also does an adjusted weight for a person who starts out overweight or obese. https://www.mdcalc.com/calc/68/ideal-body-weight-adjusted-body-weight

I would use that as a starting point, and then just see how you feel as you lose. How you look and feel is more important than a number.

2. Clueless_girl

I did find different calculators but I couldn't find any that accounted for body frame. But you're right, it is just a number. It was just disheartening to see that although I lost 60% of my excess weight, it's still not in the "normal/healthy" range..

3. NickelChip

I think it's important to remember that the weight charts and BMI ranges were developed a very long time ago and only intended to be applied to people who have never been overweight or obese. Those numbers aren't for us. When you are larger, especially for a long time, your body develops extra bone to support the weight. Your organs get a little bigger to handle the extra mass. Your entire infrastructure increases so you can support and function with the extra weight. That doesn't all go away just because you burn off the excess fat. If you still had a pair of jeans from your skinniest point in life and then lost weight to get to the exact number on the scale you were when those jeans fit you, chances are they would be a little baggy now because you would actually be thinner than you were, even though the scale and the BMI chart disagree. When in doubt, listen to the jeans, not the scale!

• Aunty Mamo

Tomorrow marks two weeks since surgery day and while I'm feeling remarkably well and going about just about every normal activity, I did wind up with a surface abscess on on of my incision sights and was put on an antibiotic that made me so impacted that it took me more than two hours to eliminate yesterday and scared the hell out of me. Now there's Miralax in all my beverages that aren't Smooth Move tea. I cannot experience that again. I shouldn't have to take Ativan to go to the lady's. I really looking forward to my body getting with the program again. 
      I'm in day three of the "puree" stage of eating and despite the strange textures, all of the savory flavors seem decadent. 
      I timed this surgery so that I'd be recovering during my spring break. That was a good plan. Today is a state holiday and the final day of break. I feel really strong to return to school tomorrow. 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • BeanitoDiego

Now that I'm in maintenance mode, I'm getting a into a routine for my meals. Every day, I start out with 8-16 ounces of water, and then a proffee, which I have come to look forward to even the night before. My proffees are simply a black coffee with a protein powder added. There are three products that I cycle through: Premier Vanilla, Orgain Vanilla, and Dymatize Vanilla.
      For second breakfast on workdays, I will have a low-fat yogurt with two tablespoons of PBFit and two teaspoons of no sugar added dried cherries. I will have ingested 35-45 grams of protein at this point between the two breakfasts, with 250-285 calories, and about 20 carbs.
      For second breakfast on non-workdays, I will prepare two servings of plain, instant oatmeal with a tablespoon of an olive oil-based spread. This means I will have had 34 grams of protein, 365 calories, and 38 carbs. Non-workdays are when I am being very active with training sessions, so I allow myself more carbohydrate fuel.
      Snacks on any day are always mixed nuts, even when I am travelling. I will have 0.2 cups of a blend that I make myself. It consists of dry roasted peanuts, cashews, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, pistachios, and Brazil nuts. This is 5 grams of protein, 163 calories, and 7 carbs.
      Breakfast and snacks have been the easiest to nail down. Lunch and dinner have more variables, and I prepare enough for leftovers. I concentrate on protein first, and then add vegetables. Typically tempeh, tofu, or Field Roast products with roasted or sautéed vegetables. Today, I will be eating leftovers from last night. Two ounces of tempeh with four ounces of roasted vegetables that consist of red and yellow sweet peppers, sweet potatoes, small purple potatoes, zucchini, and carrots. I will add a tablespoon of olive oil-based spread, break up 3 walnuts to sprinkle of top, and garnish with two tablespoons of grated Parmesan cheese. This particular meal will be 19 grams of protein, 377 calories, and 28 grams of carbs. Bear in mind that I do eat more carbs when I am not working, and I focus on ingesting healthy carbs instead of breads/crackers/chips/crisps.
      It's a helluva journey and I'm thankful to be on it!

· 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches