Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November 2012 sleevers how are you doing ?

Txsdjvsg Yeah I will be so Amazed when I get down to the 199 mark my goal is actually 200lb but my surgeon said 160 so If I get to 200 I will be very pleased!! To be honest when I eat all I worry about is Protein and this being because when I hit my stall it was because I wasnt meeting my Protein and I wasnt drinking enough water!!! And I never want to stall again!!! I hope not to anywaz So anything I put in my mouth has to at least have 5 grams of protein!:) But I have tries Pasta and it was yummy it just felt so wrong to be eating so I try to stay away!!!! The goog thing for me though is I love MEAT!!! LOL : )

Katesmeow I so felt the same way as you I wonder if I was normal I hear of all these people losing 60 to 70 lbs in like 2 to 3 months and it makes me so jealous and wonder if the surgery is going to work for me but I just have to accept that we are all different and my body will do whats best for it!! But I just want to lose!! Its almost like I want it to fall off like it was so easy to put on but I know everyone says give it time!!!

November 13th

5'0

204 pre op

199 surgery day

178 today

Total Loss of 26 pounds

Hello I was sleeved on Nov 15th down a total of 41 pounds 32 of that is since I was sleeved I lost 9 pounds a few days before. I feel like I should have lost more by now but...Then I think when did I ever lose 32 pounds in 10 weeks? Am down two sizes and was so excited to buy an XL top yesterday. My next goal is to get out of the 200"s 18 pounds to go to Wonderland. Am going to Japan in April and hope to lose 25 pounds by then. I am curious Nov sleevers what are you eating? Craving? anything you cant eat? I too need to get moving work so much but need to add exercise. Yougurt, eggs, egg beaters and shrimp are my staple. Cant do chicken and salad does not settle well with me fruit in small portions. Good luck everyone! Wish I had more support near by sometimes I feel so alone in this journey.

Pink Butterfly,

I'm right there with you! I was sleeved on 11/16 and am down 43 lbs. This past week has been a disappointment, but I think it must just be a stall my body needs to figure out what's going on. I can't do eggs. They seem to fall with a thud when they get to my stomach. I'm ok with most other foods. Not too good at the Protein shakes as I just can't take the smell. No matter which ones I try, I can still smell the Protein, and I HATE the bubbles. I do ok mostly with the protein intake, and the carbs are staying in check as well. Hubby and I go to the "Y" 5 nights a week and walk 2 miles and hit a machine for 30 min too. I'm starting to think so much working out may be causing my body to take a time out and reassess before giving up any more weight.

Here's to us! I'm keeping the faith and will NOT fail!

I'm 8 weeks post-op and down 23 lbs since surgery (11/26/12). I know that's not a lot compared to others but I weighed 199 lbs on the day of surgery and have heard that the less weight you need to lose the slower it comes off. I've only been to the gym once since the surgery which I know doesn't help. My work keeps me moving and with the help of a pedometer I was able to determine that I walk about 6 or 7 miles in a work day. By the time I get home my feet and back hurt so much that the last thing I want to do is work out some more at the gym but I'm going to try and workout on my days off at least.

My doctor said 60 grams of Protein and 64 oz of liquid a day but I don't seem to get all the liquid and somedays I skip the Protein Shakes. It seems I'm eating everything I was eating before the surgery but losing weight because I'm having smaller portions. Soda was a big part of my day to try and keep my energy up and now I don't have that and there have been days I felt like I hit a brick wall, very tired and weak. My first week back to work I broke down and cried because I felt so bad but the next week went better and now I feel pretty good most of the time. I still get dizzy when I bend down and try and stand up. I don't know when or if that will ever go away or why it happens. I try to make sure I get a drink or eat something, even at work, every 2 hours which helps the energy level.

Haven't been on a scale on a week. 11 weeks out Monday . Down 38 pounds and traveling!! Some times I still get sick!!

My life changed on the 5th of November and I have never looked back. Surgery weight was 377 and now I am down to 309. I was doing great on Protein and liquids for the first 8 week but the past few weeks have been difficult. I haven't had a stall yet unless you call dropping only 3 pounds in a week a stall. I haven't stepped a foot in a gym or have even looked at one yet. I do find eating is more of a hassle now than a since of fulfillment. I do notice if I don't get my fluids in for a day that the next day it's harder to eat. The most challenging part of this process has been with my career. I'm a chef in Las Vegas and I'm around food all day long. It's not that I want to smother myself in all of it like it was in the past but its a challenge now to even taste the food I'm creating. The best is yet to come for me. I have been large all my life and can't even remember when I was under 300 pounds. I should see that mark in about 2 weeks. Life is good for me and I wish all of you the best.

Oh wow. I live in Vegas. Where are you a chef at? It sounds like you are doing well. Congrats & Good luck on your continuing journey. :)

My life changed on the 5th of November and I have never looked back. Surgery weight was 377 and now I am down to 309. I was doing great on Protein and liquids for the first 8 week but the past few weeks have been difficult. I haven't had a stall yet unless you call dropping only 3 pounds in a week a stall. I haven't stepped a foot in a gym or have even looked at one yet. I do find eating is more of a hassle now than a since of fulfillment. I do notice if I don't get my fluids in for a day that the next day it's harder to eat. The most challenging part of this process has been with my career. I'm a chef in Las Vegas and I'm around food all day long. It's not that I want to smother myself in all of it like it was in the past but its a challenge now to even taste the food I'm creating. The best is yet to come for me. I have been large all my life and can't even remember when I was under 300 pounds. I should see that mark in about 2 weeks. Life is good for me and I wish all of you the best.

I bake for a living. It's so hard now- I have to taste. Thankfully I'm fine with just a small bit and ok that's good it's the way it's supposed to be and I'm on my way- but I just didn't even think of it until I was making my boyfriends birthday cake 2 weeks after surgery. Then we did a joint birthday party for our 3 kids the following weekend and Christmas baking. I will say- I haven't had any of my actual baked goods- seriously big shock! Even my breads I have made.

Good luck!! And congrats on your loss so far!

Everyone is so inspiring! I just had my first cons appt and hearing all the success stories are wonderful. Thank you.

I was sleeved on 11/19/2012 I have lost 40 pounds I have been working out on a treadmill 3 weeks ago for 30 minutes sometimes 2 times a day and I have started to see inches I'm loosing and I feel so much better it's nice to not be out of breath for once it has really helped me I can go to the mall or walk around with out feeling so tired. I started out before surgery 256.6 pounds day of surgery 250.00 I too have hit some stalls when I hit the stalls I up the protien and do 2 times work out and it seems to break it god bless everyone and congrats to everybody on here for all your hard work and accomplishments . It feels good to know we are not alone and it's nice to meet other November sleevers.

Oh wow. I live in Vegas. Where are you a chef at? It sounds like you are doing well. Congrats & Good luck on your continuing journey. :)

I'm the Banquet/Catering chef at Paris.

I'm the Banquet/Catering chef at Paris.

That's great. My husband & I moved here in June and walked the Strip the next weekend. Unfortunately that was one of my low points as far as walking & all that fun stuff....so needless to say....we only made it to 4 of the hotels that day. One of them had to be Caesars because his daughter wanted to do the Zack Gallifinackus (spelling??) bit from Hangover. And she did. LOL

We are hoping to finish our walk when it gets nicer out.

My surgery was on Nov. 12. My highest was 334. On the day of surgery I was 311. Today I weighed 258lbs. 53 lbs since the surgery and a total of 76lbs. I may not have lost as much as some people but I am totally happy!!!

My surgery was on Nov. 12. My highest was 334. On the day of surgery I was 311. Today I weighed 258lbs. 53 lbs since the surgery and a total of 76lbs. I may not have lost as much as some people but I am totally happy!!!

I think thats great!!