Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

GWH Cigna/Harrington Health

Ok, so I'm a little irritated with my hubby. Apparently, our insurance changed at his job and he didn't pay attention in the presentation. I'm confused about what our benefits are and even what insurance we have now. The letter says our insurance has changed to GWH Cigna (which is Greater Western Health???) but at the bottom of the letter it says if you have any questions to call Harrington Health, which is who we had and does not cover VSG. I looked the policy up on Cignas website and it states that VSG is a covered benefit.

According to the policy, I've met all of the requirements. My BMI is higher than 50 and I've been in a medically supervised WL program since August with hopes that my insurance company would approve surgery. In the end, Harrington Health denied me and I was forced to look elsewhere. Now, I'm scheduled for VSG in TJ on 2/22.

So now I've got to call Cigna or Harrington Health? I'm confused as to what insurance we even have at this point. Has anyone ever had an issue like this?

Did he not get an insurance card? it should have numbers on the back to call. that is what I did. I called the back of my card and asked them if they covered the VSG

Just call Cigna and see if you have an active policy. They can tell you right away and their phone lines are open all night I believe.

Yes, we just got the cards in the mail. It says Cigna as well as GWH-Cigna AND Harrington Health. I called the number on the card and it takes me to Harrington Health (which is not open until 8AM on Monday...which feels like forever away). Our premium went up a bit. I really could just hang him up by his toenails for not paying attention to the presentation. He says someone from Cigna spoke, but says everyone was confused and he just stopped paying attention and can't remember what she said. At this point, I don't even know what our insurance company ACTUALLY is.

I have CIGNA. The contact # on the bottom of my card is 18002446224. You could always try calling that number just to see if they can even find you. That might give an indication on who you need to talk to. If they say "nope, can't find you" then you know they aren't carrying your policy. Though I wonder if Harrington is just a benefits administrator. Keep us posted. I am curious. Hope you get what you need. My husband changed jobs 1 month before I was scheduled for surgery. We had CIGNA and changed to United Health Care and the policy we got through UHC excluded bariatric surgery (his company is new and chose this policy). So I kept CIGNA through COBRA and just had my surgery December 10th and CIGNA paid for it. GOOD LUCK!\

Yes something similar I think in the middle of me jumbling through hoops my insurance changed to Aetna ppo signature but just the ppo provider change not the plan it self besides one thing my vsg was covered at 80% now it's covered at 40% I'm having surgery on jan21 . Good luck I hope this is the case

So this morning, I've called all over trying to figure out my benefits and covered services. On the Summary of Benefits and Coverage, under my plan option, Bariatric Surgery is listed as a covered service. This morning, I received an email back from the insurance administrator at my husbands job saying that she thinks that is an error. REALLY? Can they just hand out mass documentation descripting what they cover and then say "Ooops, we didn't mean that one"!

I also received a call from my insurance asking me to fax the paperwork I have stating that this service is covered. This is the paperwork that THEY provided to my husband at the presentation of benefits. So at this point, I can't get a straight answer from anyone. And I'm a little disturbed that I had to fax my insurance a copy of their own documentation advising what their plans cover!

Wow...at this point I'm about to just give up and go to Mexico as first planned.

Cign denies people fast. My surgeon spoke to the doctor to peer to peer appeal. Now waiting for my paperwork to be refaxed over. BMI is now 40.1 at first 39.1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      · 0 replies
    • Mr.Kantos

Just signed up. Feeling optimistic.
      · 0 replies
    • Frugal

Welcome to Frugal Testing, where we are committed to revolutionizing the software testing landscape with our efficient and affordable solutions. As a pioneering company in this field, we understand the challenges faced by startups, small to medium-sized businesses and any organization working without budget constraints. Our mission is to deliver top-notch testing services that ensure the highest quality of software, all while keeping your costs in check.
      Frugal Testing offers a comprehensive suite of testing services tailored to meet diverse needs. Specializing in different types of testing including functional testing, automation testing, metaverse testing and D365 testing, we cover all bases to guarantee thorough software quality assurance. Our approach is not just about identifying bugs; it's about ensuring a seamless and superior user experience.
      Innovation is at the heart of what we do. By integrating the latest tools and technologies, many of which are cutting-edge open source solutions, we stay ahead in delivering efficient and effective testing services. This approach allows us to provide exceptional quality testing without the high costs typically associated with advanced testing methodologies.
      Understanding each client's unique needs is fundamental to our service delivery. At Frugal Testing, the focus is on creating customized testing strategies that align with specific business goals and budget requirements. This client-centric approach ensures that every testing solution is not only effective but also fully aligned with the client's objectives.
      Our team is our greatest asset. Composed of skilled professionals who are experts in the latest testing techniques and technologies, they bring dedication, expertise and a commitment to excellence in every project. This expertise ensures that our client’s software not only meets but often exceeds the highest standards of quality and performance.
      Frugal Testing is more than just a service provider; we are a partner in your success. With a blend of quality, innovation and cost-effectiveness, we are here to help you navigate the complexities of software testing, ensuring your product stands out in today's competitive market. 
      · 0 replies
    • ChunkCat

I have no clue where to upload this, so I'll put it here. This is pre-op vs the morning of my 6 month appointment! In office I weight 232, that's 88 lbs down since my highest weight, 75 lbs since my surgery weight! I can't believe this jacket fit... I am smaller now than the last time I was this size which the surgeon found really amusing. He's happy with where I am in my weight loss and estimates I'll be around 200 lbs by my 1 year anniversary! My lowest weight as an adult is 195, so that's pretty damn exciting to think I'll be near that at a year. Everything from there will be unknown territory!!

· 3 replies
      1. AmberFL

You look amazing!!! 😻 you have been killing it!

2. NickelChip

Congratulations! You're making excellent progress and looking amazing!

3. BabySpoons

So proud of you Cat. Getting into those smaller size clothes is half the fun isn't it?. Keep up the good work!!!!

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches