Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How do you reward yourself?

I am currently pre-op and am beginning my resolution of personal wellness. This includes spiritual and physical. I have made an initial goal to go to the gym tuesdays and wednesdays. At the end of the month, i want to reward myself for going twice a week. Since our goal is to avoid food rewards, i was curious as to how you reward yourself. My 100lb goal after surgery, hopefully 50 pre-surgery is to go zip lining. But my monthly goals need to me small and fairly inexpensive.

So, whats your reward?

I do new jeans or some article of clothing I have been really wanting. Also massages.

I'm still pre-op (2 weeks to go), but I think my main reward will be clothes--even if they are from a thrift store--because I will have to buy new ones for a while anyway and because I love to shop for clothes. At certain goals I might add in some variety like a mani/pedi or new workout shoes. I also like your idea of an experience, like zip lining, or the massage idea previously mentioned.

I started with purchasing few clothing items- the last being a winter coat since mine disappeared. However, I just crossed that idea off the list for awhile since everything I buy is now too big. Don't get me wrong, I'm much happier floating in a large shirt versus swimming/drowning in an extra large. For now, I'm going to place money I would have spent aside in an envelope to use when I have reached what would seem to be my lowest. That way I'm not regretting big credit card bills at that time

My other treat/reward involves food. If I've done well on my weight and committed to the gym as planned for the week, I allow myself to eat a frozen whipped yogurt. Usually happens biweekly. Granted, I dont eat near half (four ounces) because of the sweetness and large amount; however, it's Protein and it satisfies my sweet tooth :)

How about an OPI nail polish, I love their polish, but hate paying $10 for one so when I get one its a treat. New lipstick or a new makeup that you want to try. Or you could get a quick mani or pedi. I say something that is going to make you feel pretty. It's different for everyone, maybe you can get your hair blown out once a month.

I don't really reward myself and haven't since the start. I feel its like giving a toy to a kid to make them behave. Just doesn't make sense. Seeing my numbers go down on the scale is enough. If I run across something that fits at the store, don't get me wrong, I'm excited and will probably buy it. :)

Rewards work for some people, just not for me.

Good luck on your surgery and keep us posted ! Can't wait to see some before and after pics !!

I set several goals, and assigned rewards like flowers, a massage, clothes, a piece of jewelry,and a trip.

A big reward for me...................I am going for some plastic surgery on the 10th, woohoo!!

I reward myself with clothes, I try to buy things at Marshall's or Old Navy this way when I move to a smaller size I'm not killing myself over spending so much money! Either way $24.99 for pants in Marshall's sure beats overpriced $59.99 pants in Lane Bryant!!

No real rewards because I always reward myself whenever I feel the need, but if so inclined I get a manicure, massage, piece of art, sex, etc. :)

So far I have not rewarded myself but I love the zip-lining reward! That is something I have always wanted to try but have been too big! I also think another good reward is an amusement park or some other thing that being too big has stopped you from enjoying! (I am thinking bigger rewards here like woohoo 100lbs gone) I think pedi's re always a great idea or getting a new haircut (I'm saving that for when my hair falls out). Purses are a great reward too...doesn't matter how skinny you get that purse will still look great! lol

how you reward yourself.

BeTheRealMe

its great to reward yourself for doing well - for me.......

tattoo!!

M organ A ndrew E than

red heart under each of the 3 letters (MAE)

first letter of my grand-kids names !!!!

this is my first and only tattoo

I promised my DH i wouldn't have another one for the next 58 years!!!! :lol:

started volunteer work

double pierced my ears

2 front teeth capped

new found self-confidence "allowed" me to do above :)

I've thought a lot about this for when I get the surgery done....

Both of my parents are planning vacations that at this point I wouldn't even think about going on(amusement park and a cruise)

My personal rewards that I want to do for myself are of course new clothes from stores I've never even walked in to, I want a full back piece of butterfly wings, and a beach vacation parent free. I'm only 22 and haven't left the nest yet so that will be my first trip without either of them.

Those are some great rewards! I love the tattoo idea, i have been wanting one forever! I think i am up to three haha!

I find that i want to be so much more adventurous, in my future i will Shark dive and more scuba, i miss it.

Climb the trees in the outdoor jungle gym (called monkido here near Vancouver bc, it looks like so much fun!)

These two goals are not necessarily a weight loss goal per say, but goals in life!

I also really like the nail polish reward, i have never been one for nail polish, so it sounds a little adventurous for me. ;)