Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

STARVING on Preop diet, day 3

I hope I didn't screw up too bad - I was hungry at work after my 2 Protein Shakes and lean cuisine entree (my one reasonable meal for today), so I ate 3 celery sticks and 2 tbsp of hummus. I don't think I did too badly with that, especially since at one point in the day I was holding a bag of Cheetos AND a pack of Oreos, but can someone please give me some feedback about the preop diets? I still have 9 days to go. I know it will get better in a little bit, but the last couple of days have been rough. Can someone please give me an idea of what you are doing for your preop diet?

First of all, good job getting yourself moving in the right direction. There is nothing about this process that is easy.

You will get a lot of good information here and many good suggestions when it comes to keeping on track, but the best that I can tell you is to generate a very long list of things to keep you busy. Watching TV and playing computer games should probably not be on your list.

Find ways to get your mind and body actively involved in some type of activity as much as possible. It may be cleaning out closets and cabinets, working a real puzzle, talking on the phone to a friend, taking a free class, going to the library, learn a new craft ...... anything to get your attention off of food.

I had to do the full liquid diet a week before surgery. It was hard but I knew I had to do it. After the third day, things were better. Buy some SF popsicles, Jello, and different broths. I don't think you screwed up! At least you ate the three celery sticks and hummus instead of the bag of Cheetos and Oreos. Good for you. Just follow the diet by your dr and you'll be fine. Good luck! Keep us posted.

On day two of preop diet and I was wondering if any could recommend some sugar free popsicles. I briefly looked at Walmart but there was too many tempting other items next to the popsicles.

The key for the preop is Protein, if you are making the shakes with Water, try with milk and you can add powdered milk. As far as sugar free popsicles, Edy's has fruit bars that are no sugar added that are pretty good. I ate a lot of raw vegetables with greek yogurt dip on my preop. It's hard to follow up but it will go quicker than you think. Hang in there!

I thought the first 3 days were the hardest. After that i kind of got the hang of it and it really flew by. It is definitely worth it so hang in there you can do it!

I thought the first 3 days were the hardest. After that i kind of got the hang of it and it really flew by. It is definitely worth it so hang in there you can do it!

You were right! The last day or so has been much easier! No more headaches and the cravings are gone too. I had my preop at the hospital 2 days ago, so everything is really sinking in. Thanks for the encouragement! 11 days and counting- see you on the loser's bench!