Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

MiDoctor Hospital (any surgeon!) 2013 Roll Call!

Hi I need help and guidence.... My husband ins will not cover this sugery. I am a mom of three littles 42 and toped at 257 lbs with a 5ft small boned frame. Bmi 49 . This last week I decided to go to Mexico for the surgery I am so scared and want feed back. I am still getting the finacing set up but I have been set at two hospitals it was between Jerusulum Hosital and Mi Doctor Hospital I have been exepted to both for the surgery and ready to pay the 500.00 deposit.. PLEASE give me every detail of this hospital and your expericence that will give me peace on which one to choose. I am leaning to MiDoctor and speaking with my cordinatior tomorrow.. so what do you know tell me your story and why I should go there and feel safe and clean and now that doctor will not hurt me.. Ha... GO!!! THank you everyone.. God Bless!!!

Kari

I hope I put this in the right place I am new at this site...

Hey Kari! You posted in a great place :). This particular thread is all of he people who have gone or are going to MiDoctor Hospital this year. You may want to use he "search" feature at the top of this page and also at ObesityHelp.com to search for Dr. Almanza. Select "forums" for search location and you should pull up lots of info. I chose Dr. Garcia because of his incredibly low complication rates (much lower than my even my local. Surgeon). I admittedly had a very had time choosing between him, Dr. Aceves and Dr. G Alvarez, who are all VERY good.

The only info I can offer on Dr. Almanza is that the original coordinating company I was using (Successfully Slimmer) said that they were no longer using him/recommending him because he is trying to do too many surgeries per day (5+) and that is 7 days a week. However, I know there are also a lot of positive stories about him as well. Just DO YOUR RESEARCH. This is crucial when planning ANY surgery either domestic or abroad. You can check back here around 1/23 for my own personal account which I fully intend on posting :). Hope this helps!

I'm going to Dr. F Garcia on March 4th. Coordinated with Alma. Good luck to everyone!

I'm going to Dr. F Garcia on March 4th. Coordinated with alma. Good luck to everyone!

Hey, I have the same date with dr Garcia. See you there!

Hey, I have the same date with Dr. Garcia. See you there!

Really!? I'm sure we'll be seeing each other while we are there. I'll be coming from Australia. I'm a revision from the band. It slipped in 2010 and I had it taken out. I'd only had it in for a year and a half and had lost about 50% of my excess weight. Now I'm revising to the sleeve because I've regained the weight I lost. I didn't keep the band because I had a lot of problems with it and really didn't like the amount of follow up that was needed to maintain the medical device. In my case, I was having to go to the doctor every 3-6 weeks either for an adjustment or complications. I'm excited about the sleeve. I think it will be a better solution for me then the band was I'm just a little nervous that I will again be that small percentage of people that end up with a complication. I should add that my band was put in by a doctor at Brigham and Women's in Boston, MA and taken out in Brisbane, Australia. The sleeve revision will be my first time with Dr. Garcia.

I'm from Lasning, MI and am going to Dr. Cabrera/Venezuela in Tijuana on 2/5 and surgery the next day. I am planning on Medcal Tourism Company but may have to switch due to they're ability to accept my financial payment method. I am being smart and researching the company that will best accomodate me. I'm taking 8 days off work. I am confident that Drs. Cabrera/Venezuela are the best option based on all my research.

I'm actually paying my deposit next week and planning for a mid-June surgery with Dr. Garcia.

I still have so many questions for Alma.

Now that I have the plan set out, I'm nervous. I'll be a wreck come May.

Anyone else planning for surgery in June?

Changing39 - I was sleeved by Dr. Garcia's team on January 4. I had a good experience. Good luck to you - feel free to contact/pm me if I can help with info. I really like Alma - she has a good heart.

Sent from my iPhone using VST

March 18th with Dr. Garcia

I am scheduled for April 9th, with Dr. Lopez-Ortega

MamaDupa thank you so much for posting your story!! My husband and I are going to Dr. Lopez Feb 8th. Your post answered many concerns I had!! I do have a question for you how much were the meds? I know this a stupid question but (i never traveled outside the country besides a cruise) does the Rx take depit cards or do you need to bring cash or travelers checks?

I'm assuming you had your wls already and hope everything went well, but if it helps any one else ill still answer your question, the meds that are needed for us specifically are given to us in a care package for free example pain and antibiotics and some liquid to help heal the stomach lining faster

But if you want meds for other things or some one else then the driver will take you, I booked thru alighterme and Abraham took us to a pharmacy he knows with great prices (I priced out other places b4 I went to where he took us) and I got penicillin 100 pills 500mg for 20, amoxicillin 100 pills 500mg for 25, phentermine 30 pills 30mg for 30, penicillin ointment jar 3, and pretty much any med you need they have and if you forgot your prescription they will wright one out for you for free so that you can get it across the border no questions asked

Sent from my iPhone using VST

I am at Mi Doctor Hospital on april 4 with dr ortiz

march 21 with ALM Dr Ortiz/Lopez surgery will be the same day I fly in if you are there please look me up or let me know Im going by myself