Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

HELP Please

I've been banded for six months. My first fill was 1.8cc's. I was having a lot of trouble, throwing alot up, etc. They removed most of the fill because of this. I havent lost much. Although I can barely eat anything in the morning EVER, even two spoons of oatmeal, without throwing it up, i have free reign prety much at night. So I figured ok, maybe I just can't eat early in the day, but I need the fill for the rest of the day to make htis work. So I am back up to 1.8 for three days now. This morning I woke up and had two spoons of oatmeal. I had to throw it up, it wouldn't stay down. I proceeded to my niece's first birthday party, where I threw up EVERYTHING i tried to eat. I started with turkey slices (cold cuts, no bread of course). I ate two, threw them up. Then I had a few pretzels, came up. Icing from a cake, came up. I was getting desperate because im hungry!!! But nothing will stay down..So I said ok I have to do only liquids today...Can't keep them down either. I take an ounce of a Protein shake..massive pain, gas, and to feel relief I need to throw up.

Since this fill, I have eaten without problems, but what's up with today>> Is it possible its really swolen from something I ate early on and just hasnt gone down?? Why can I not even keep down liquids? im upset and frustrated. i've puked my guts out all day and haven't eaten a morsel. I would REALLY reALLY REALLY be grateful for your comments. Pleae share your stories, give me opinions, advice tips, etc.

A theory of mine is that I didnt drink anything before i ate that oatmeal. I usually need a nice long drink to "open up" per se. But I never suffer this much throughout the day as a result of it.

Thanks for any comments, please respond with anything you think might be useful!!

I would imagine your stomach is terribly swollen now. I have not thrown up often, but when I do, I immediately quit eating solids. I can't in all honesty say I go to Clear Liquids for a full 24 hours, but for an easy 6-8 hours, nothing but tea or Water for me. When I do eat, I try to make it something soft, and that I know frm experience I can usually eat. In my case, something like cottage cheese.< /span>

I understand you are hungry, but I think eating is just keeping the evil cycle going. I would stay on liquids, and call my Dr. in the morning. You don't have to take in huge amounts of liquid to stay hydrated. a very small sip every few minutes, will keep you hydrated enough to prevent health problems for now. Just do whatever you need to, to avoid throwing up again, it is not a good thing with a band!!

You may also have picked up some sort of bug along with the restriction issues. I know around here there is a horrid stomach virus going around!!

Hope you get relief and feel better very soon!

Kat

STOP trying to eat when you can't!!! I have learned it's just not worth it!!! I have tried many, many times!! :) NO SUCCESS in forcing the band! I drink something hot for breakfast....have warmed up prune juice or slimfast even (lo carb) and that gets me more nutrition...not the best taste though! :) Then for a late lunch I can usually eat about 5 bites or so slowlyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!! You absolutely cannot go fast!!!! I have tried and discovered it will NOT work!! Then for supper I am more open as you are....but try to limit to less than a cup no matter....that truly satisfies my stomach...not always my head! But I am not hungry after a cup! Around my period I just do soup....I HATE throwing up and could probably be a queen at it unfortunately since my last fill if I fight it!!! FIGHT the head hunger YOU CAN DO THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After you throw up you are terribly swollen...liquids only for a few hours at least....

As always if in doubt call your doctor!!

God bless,

Melody

Banded 3/20/06 -89lbs :)

I don't try to eat until about 11am.

Just have coffee in the morning than really wait until my stomach actually growls. Then I figure it's ready for some food. Eat slow, tiny bites..and savory it. :)

I was wondering if anyone else had this problem.... I was banded June 28, 2006. I can't eat ANYTHING in the AM, and usually, not until after 3:pm. I am due for a fill, but sceptical because already, I can't seem to eat until so late in the day

I have a 1.8 cc fill also. I have hot coffe or tea first thing every morning before anything else. In fact, that is usually all that I have. Around 10:00 I have a Protein Drink and then yogurt for lunch. By late afternoon I am usually able to eat Protein and vege's or pretty much anything (except bread or tortillas). Also, I know they tell you not to drink with meals but I often have hot tea with me evening meal to help me get it down. I don't pb very often but if I do I stay away from anything solid for several hours. It took me a while to figure out my "system" but this is the one that works best for me. Good luck and don't give up.