Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dec. 17 Sleevers - How are you on week out?

Just sending good vibes to our 12/17 sleevers! How is your energy levels??? Physically I am doing good and am down about 20 lbs since surgery but I am SO TIRED!!! It is like I can't get my energy back and my endurance is shot. Trying to workout can be a nightmare cause I'm just dragging. Blood levels are all good and I am sleeping at night and I am taking my Vitamins and getting my protien in. Anyone else? People keep saying "oh that is normal, you will get it back" but I'm getting pretty impatient with it! They also did a hiatal hernia repair when they did my surgery, maybe the extra surgical work is adding to my taking longer.

Would love to hear how you all are doing at this point with your energy and endurance!

Blewy

I'm 12/17 too. I'm down 18 since surgery, and 12 before that. I was barely 35 BMI at my highest, so I'm going to loose slowly, which is fine with me. I'm very happy with 18 pounds in five weeks.

I tried to do my previous work out, which is a 7 mile round trip bike ride to and from my son's school with a very steep hill at the end. I made it, but was more out of breath than usual. I did this at three weeks out. The problem was that as the day went on, I got very light headed and had to eat something because I thought I was going to pass out. It was the only scary moment I have had since the surgery. I think that taking in 600-800 calories a day and then expending 600 on a bike ride isn't going to work this soon after surgery. Since then, I've just been doing walking on the treadmill, which seems to be fine for me. It has been so cold out, that I'm not in a huge rush to get back on the bike just yet anyway. I am more tired than usual, and sometimes want to take a nap or sleep in, which is not usual for me. I'm thinking that as we adjust to our new bodies and new calorie intake, our energy levels will go up. I'm loving the journey, and thrilled to have all of you to hear about your journey. Thanks!

I sure hope that my energy levels will come back soon! Half wau through work and im dead tired! Its rough but i added B12 now and idk what else to do. I had such horrible bm problem on sunday now i use a Fiber supplement too. Need more fluids but sometimes lack the want/need of food or fluids

Is anyone else feeling emotional? I don't think I was an actual food addict' date=' but I do have PCOS, and I'm just wondering if my hormones are out of wack. Everyday I feel like crying or just laying in bed and I can't explain why. I don't miss food that much and I find it hard to care to get in my Protein and water[/quote']

If you find yourself staying in this rut, I would ask the doctor for a low dose anti-depressant....just until life normalizes a bit...which may be about six months out. I took a small dose of Zoloft for post-partum depression for a year. I'm not on it anymore, but the point is that not all depression is forever. This surgery does affect everyone on an emotional level, but your current degree of emotion does not sound typical. You need to take care of yourself and the LACK of interest in doing so is what is alarming. ((hugs)) Courtney

Is anyone else feeling emotional? I don't think I was an actual food addict' date=' but I do have PCOS, and I'm just wondering if my hormones are out of wack. Everyday I feel like crying or just laying in bed and I can't explain why. I don't miss food that much and I find it hard to care to get in my Protein and water[/quote']

I have PCOS also. Are you on birth control? The doctor made me stop it for a month (2 weeks pre and post op) for blood clots. But I have been feeling so good post op that I asked my doctor if I can ween off my antidepressant- I am back on birth control and am feeling a lot better

I have PCOS also. Are you on birth control? The doctor made me stop it for a month (2 weeks pre and post op) for blood clots. But I have been feeling so good post op that I asked my doctor if I can ween off my antidepressant- I am back on birth control and am feeling a lot better

No I'm not on birth control. I'm thinking maybe I should check that out or ask my surgeon if I could do blood tests for hormones. Today I'm feeling better, but just not as happy as I was pre-surgery. Today is one of the first days where I feel physically tired and I just want to nap and nap

Just sending good vibes to our 12/17 sleevers! How is your energy levels??? Physically I am doing good and am down about 20 lbs since surgery but I am SO TIRED!!! It is like I can't get my energy back and my endurance is shot. Trying to workout can be a nightmare cause I'm just dragging. Blood levels are all good and I am sleeping at night and I am taking my Vitamins and getting my protien in. Anyone else? People keep saying "oh that is normal, you will get it back" but I'm getting pretty impatient with it! They also did a hiatal hernia repair when they did my surgery, maybe the extra surgical work is adding to my taking longer.

Would love to hear how you all are doing at this point with your energy and endurance!

Blewy

Hi Everybody: I just decided to post today because I'm in a funk...I was sleeved on 12/17, and also had a hernial repair at the same time. Came home to recover to find out that I had a gastric bleed and had to go back into surgery one week (exactly) later to put in a drain tube...hospital stay for four days...and then drain tube in for another week.

I am completely exhausted and fatigued every single day! Bed to couch to bed most days, except the two days I suck it up and go to work, which shouldn't be that hard, really. I don't do really hard work and I actually love it except that I don't right now because it takes everything out of me to actually do it.

I can't eat or drink anything, including Water, without feeling very sharp pain above my stomach...I'm never, ever hungry...and the thought of food often makes me feel sick just thinking about it.

I want to be just like those people who get sleeved and get this burst of energy and feel fully recovered at six weeks.

Instead, I went to my Doctor today and find out that I have a possible stricture, according to the upper GI, and now I have to go back on Monday for an Endoscopy. I'm on liquids again, which should bother me but doesn't because I don't care about food anymore one way or the other.

At the same time, I'm now scared. And frustrated. I don't want this to be my life from now on. Anyone have any advice on strictures? Am I going to have to do this over and over again? It seems with all of the complications, I'm more nervous about this than the sleeve to begin with....

At the same time, I'm now scared. And frustrated. I don't want this to be my life from now on. Anyone have any advice on strictures? Am I going to have to do this over and over again? It seems with all of the complications, I'm more nervous about this than the sleeve to begin with....

I just wanted to respond to the stricture thing...My doctor told me BEFORE surgery that strictures were one surgery-specific problem (like leaking). Unlike leaks, the surgeon can fix a stricture without opening you up again. My doctor said they just stick something down your throat and loosen it up. Maybe that is an oversimplification and I am sure your throat will be sore from the endoscopy if nothing else, but my general sense is that a stricture is less of a dangerous complication. I hope that sort of makes you feel better. I am so sorry that you have had such a rough recovery and I sincerely hope that this is the last of your hurdles.

Hi Everybody: I just decided to post today because I'm in a funk...I was sleeved on 12/17' date=' and also had a hernial repair at the same time. Came home to recover to find out that I had a gastric bleed and had to go back into surgery one week (exactly) later to put in a drain tube...hospital stay for four days...and then drain tube in for another week.

I am completely exhausted and fatigued every single day! Bed to couch to bed most days, except the two days I suck it up and go to work, which shouldn't be that hard, really. I don't do really hard work and I actually love it except that I don't right now because it takes everything out of me to actually do it.

I can't eat or drink anything, including Water, without feeling very sharp pain above my stomach...I'm never, ever hungry...and the thought of food often makes me feel sick just thinking about it.

I want to be just like those people who get sleeved and get this burst of energy and feel fully recovered at six weeks.

Instead, I went to my Doctor today and find out that I have a possible stricture, according to the upper GI, and now I have to go back on Monday for an Endoscopy. I'm on liquids again, which should bother me but doesn't because I don't care about food anymore one way or the other.

At the same time, I'm now scared. And frustrated. I don't want this to be my life from now on. Anyone have any advice on strictures? Am I going to have to do this over and over again? It seems with all of the complications, I'm more nervous about this than the sleeve to begin with....[/quote']

Make sure that you're not running a fever also. I was sleeved on 12/17 too and at first I felt fine. Then all of a sudden I was feeling weaker and weaker everyday. I didnt want to eat or anything or even think about food. I just wanted to sleep. It was taken everything outta me just to take a shower. I woke up one morning with chills and couldn't get warm. I checked my temp and it was 102.9. I went to the emergency room because my temp was so high and was admitted for pneumonia and stayed 4 days. This was last week. After the first treatment in the hospital, my energy level started to come back and my appetite. Friday was the first time I experin hunger since I had the surgery. I'm home on antibiotics for 14 days but I feel so much better. So hopefully when you have the procedure done, you'll get your energy back...hope you feel better soon...

candy apple- glad you are doing better. Pneumonia is no small thing!

Well, good morning Sleevers , I was sleeved Dec17, 2012. I've lost 31.5 pounds and I have not have had any complications with my sleeve. However , I became Ill will bronchitis , and currently on antibiotics. But so far I am very pleased with my continuous weight loss.

Candy apple- glad you are doing better. Pneumonia is no small thing!

Thx Sadlers1999...

Well I also am a 12/17. After my stent placement and having it for a few weeks, I get it taken out in a week. Everyday is a bit better but still tired. I have family issues going on right now but I see the light. I have lost 38 pounds and have stopped. But I know I will be able to lose more once the last surgery is done. Good luck everyone.

I just wanted to respond to the stricture thing...My doctor told me BEFORE surgery that strictures were one surgery-specific problem (like leaking). Unlike leaks' date=' the surgeon can fix a stricture without opening you up again. My doctor said they just stick something down your throat and loosen it up. Maybe that is an oversimplification and I am sure your throat will be sore from the endoscopy if nothing else, but my general sense is that a stricture is less of a dangerous complication. I hope that sort of makes you feel better. I am so sorry that you have had such a rough recovery and I sincerely hope that this is the last of your hurdles.[/quote']

Thanks sadlers1999....I feel a little better about it!

Make sure that you're not running a fever also. I was sleeved on 12/17 too and at first I felt fine. Then all of a sudden I was feeling weaker and weaker everyday. I didnt want to eat or anything or even think about food. I just wanted to sleep. It was taken everything outta me just to take a shower. I woke up one morning with chills and couldn't get warm. I checked my temp and it was 102.9. I went to the emergency room because my temp was so high and was admitted for pneumonia and stayed 4 days. This was last week. After the first treatment in the hospital' date=' my energy level started to come back and my appetite. Friday was the first time I experin hunger since I had the surgery. I'm home on antibiotics for 14 days but I feel so much better. So hopefully when you have the procedure done, you'll get your energy back...hope you feel better soon...[/quote']

No fever candyapple but thanks!

I was sleeved on 12/17, almost six weeks ago, and one of my incisions won't stop bleeding/pussing. It was cauterized 2 weeks ago but that made it worse. Has anyone had this problem?