Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Falling of the wagon...HELP!

I got sleeved on July this year, best decision Ive ever made, the pounds started melting away, I excercised, I ate right....but now 5 months later I have to confess Im stuck and Im feeling very very lost, I have continued to excercise and Ive lost 52 pounds, I still have another 50 to go and I feel like Ive lost all my will power and my confidence, Im so afraid of gaining weight and to be honest I havent been eating right, I have even been drinking its just that my life is very complicated right now Im studying my masters and everything is so stressful I go back to being my old anxiety eating self!!! I know I have no excuses but right now Im afraid of ruining my sleeve, is it possible that I've ruined everything???

Right about now the only good thing I've accomplished is the excercise habit but now that Im on school break even that is failing, I feel like such a failure like Im not gonna make it, Ive seen everyone here be so confident and positive, reaching their goals, how do you do it????? Im so afraid of not reaching my goal, and making this huge sacrifice for nothing, I will never forgive myself If I ruin this...Im very sad

WOW! I could have written this post! I was sleeved in July too and have been on a self-imposed stall for a while now. I do have good stretches of days where I do well, which is keeping me from gaining and even losing a few ounces here and there. What I've been doing is planning ahead for meals and keeping my fridge stocked with good Snacks (I don't keep bad stuff around. Going out and being at work is my downfall.) and bulky veggies which fill me up fast. I've really been into steamed broccoli and cauliflower with a bit of good romano and asigago cheese melted on top. Sometimes I'll eat that with a bit of tuna or by itself as a meal.

Take some time to write out a plan (if you write it out, like goals, it's more likely to be a reality) and then commit for a day... it will turn into a few days. I still allow myself to have wine and appetizers on weekends with friends. Just know that all is not lost and remember that you have an amazing tool in your sleeve which allows you to trick your "fat brain" into thinking it's full pretty easily.

Keep reading posts and join a support group... You'll get over this hurdle and drop the next 50 pounds before you know it. All the best to you!

Thank you sooooo much for your advice! I feel a little less stressed knowing there is someone like me out there!! I will definately stuck up on healthy Snacks and write my goals!!! :)

I don't think you have ruined everything - and not everyone loses their weight in the first year.

I know how stressful school can be - When I was in school I often found myself snacking/grazing not because I was hungry but because I was tired. It was also my way to alleviate stress. If you are working and going to school and have other things going on it can be easy to slip into old habits.

Just refocus and move on. It is what it is - you can get back on track. Good luck

First of all, you are not a failure. It takes courage to get sleeved and you did it.

Regroup, journal (if you have time), and maybe see a psychologist to help you get back on track. You can do it. Don't let your self get too far gone though.

YOU can do this, YOU are better than this! Good luck to you.

I got sleeved on July this year' date=' best decision Ive ever made, the pounds started melting away, I excercised, I ate right....but now 5 months later I have to confess Im stuck and Im feeling very very lost, I have continued to excercise and Ive lost 52 pounds, I still have another 50 to go and I feel like Ive lost all my will power and my confidence, Im so afraid of gaining weight and to be honest I havent been eating right, I have even been drinking its just that my life is very complicated right now Im studying my masters and everything is so stressful I go back to being my old anxiety eating self!!! I know I have no excuses but right now Im afraid of ruining my sleeve, is it possible that I've ruined everything???

Right about now the only good thing I've accomplished is the excercise habit but now that Im on school break even that is failing, I feel like such a failure like Im not gonna make it, Ive seen everyone here be so confident and positive, reaching their goals, how do you do it????? Im so afraid of not reaching my goal, and making this huge sacrifice for nothing, I will never forgive myself If I ruin this...Im very sad[/quote']

Hurray for you for recognizing this now! First step - check. Now take the bull by the horns and get back at it. Maybe a few days of liquid diet. Maybe a week. And stop and think of the nerves you felt just before. It was not all for nothing. Think of the cost-not only money but sacrifices you made back when you were sleeved. Step back and ask yourself if you want to go back to that ace you were before surgery.

I am only 30 down (sleeved 12-10). And the littlest things are so much easier. Good luck to you and keep in touch.

Hi

A lot of us found ourselves in that position at about 5 months.I had a 7 week stall and I suppose I might have been eating too much.

But this is the time to re evaluate your life,once again.Decide how much do you want to be thin?And then work out a plan that works for you.I had to realize a few things at that point.

1.no one can do this for me.In fact,no one can really even help me,its time for me to help me.

2.If I fail to plan I plan to fail.You have to plan food and calories.

3.I had to lower my carbs to start losing again.Started with low carb for a week,a few higher carb days,back to low carb again.

4.I could use all the old excuses I have always had or I could take responsibility for my life.If I did what I did before,I would have the same results than before.

Personally I really really wanted to get skinny.I was really really honest with myself for the first time ever and I did take responsibility for my eating from that point onwards.Its hard,but nothing that is worth it in life comes the easy way.We have to work hard to reach our goals.

One more thing.I had to reaffirm what I wanted for my futer all the time.Reminded myself all the time.Every time I wanted to eat something I shouldnt I asked myself if this is helping or hindering my goals.What was the goal and why did I have it?

In fact I still have to do that all the time and my eating is not perfect at all.But I am now at 9,5 months just about 9 pounds from goal and it is sooooo worth all the hard work.

Good luck in your journey.If I can do this,anyone can!(I have zero will power and I love love love food!)

Hi

A lot of us found ourselves in that position at about 5 months.I had a 7 week stall and I suppose I might have been eating too much.

But this is the time to re evaluate your life' date='once again.Decide how much do you want to be thin?And then work out a plan that works for you.I had to realize a few things at that point.

1.no one can do this for me.In fact,no one can really even help me,its time for me to help me.

3.I had to lower my carbs to start losing again.Started with low carb for a week,a few higher carb days,back to low carb again.

4.I could use all the old excuses I have always had or I could take responsibility for my life.If I did what I did before,I would have the same results than before.

Personally I really really wanted to get skinny.I was really really honest with myself for the first time ever and I did take responsibility for my eating from that point onwards.Its hard,but nothing that is worth it in life comes the easy way.We have to work hard to reach our goals.

One more thing.I had to reaffirm what I wanted for my futer all the time.Reminded myself all the time.Every time I wanted to eat something I shouldnt I asked myself if this is helping or hindering my goals.What was the goal and why did I have it?

In fact I still have to do that all the time and my eating is not perfect at all.But I am now at 9,5 months just about 9 pounds from goal and it is sooooo worth all the hard work.

Good luck in your journey.If I can do this,anyone can!(I have zero will power and I love love love food!)[/quote']

What an inspiration. I come back and read this at least once a day. Can you tell me about your starting weight and total loss. And all that good stuff. When did you have surgery? How was your recovery.

Hi

But this is the time to re evaluate your life' date='once again.Decide how much do you want to be thin?And then work out a plan that works for you.I had to realize a few things at that point.

Good luck in your journey.If I can do this,anyone can!(I have zero will power and I love love love food!)[/quote']

I love your post! There should be more posts like this one here. Encouraging, honest, straightforward but not rude or condescending. Love it! Thank you...

What an inspiration. I come back and read this at least once a day. Can you tell me about your starting weight and total loss. And all that good stuff. When did you have surgery? How was your recovery.

Hi,

My surgery was 13 March 2012 at a start weight of 297 and I am 173 now and still losing even while enjoying our holiday abroad.This sleeve really rocks once you know how to really work it.

My first 6 months wasnt the easiets because I struggled with head hunger a lot.I have been in a diet and binge cycle for 22 years before the sleeve and completely obsessed with myself and with food.My fear of failure and success with the sleeve was huge!

I posted something on my blog here at about 5 months and a woman came back and wrote that I should get a life.Boy,were my feelings hurt but it really made me think.Maybe it was time to just be honest with myself,even though that seemed to be the hardest thing to do.To really start understanding that the success or failure was in my hands,and mouth..lol.What did I really want?I was forced to let go of my all or nothing way of living my life.

To really embrace the success and to accept when I fail.To not fall off the wagon but to climb off it and back on it by choice sometimes.To just be kind to myself but not to make excuses for my behaviour.It really is a process and it takes time and patience with myself.BUT NO SELF CONDEMNATION anymore.

The scale sometimes make me smile now especially when I've been earing badly and still praying for a miracle loss...lol.I've cried more this year than ever before,sometimes hating the fact that I couldnt eat my emotions anymore but thanking the Lord for it every day at the same time.I've also lauged at myself more than ever before because boy,can I be stubborn and obstenate sometimes.

I really mean it when I say if I could do this anyone can.ONE day at a time,one meal at a time actually.If I eat a rusk for Breakfast I will eat chicken only for lunch.Just a balance and persistance.This is a very humbling process and a very satisfying one.

Good luck to all of you and I would love to read your stories of your journeys of self discovery as the weight drops off.

Hi' date='

My surgery was 13 March 2012 at a start weight of 297 and I am 173 now and still losing even while enjoying our holiday abroad.This sleeve really rocks once you know how to really work it.

My first 6 months wasnt the easiets because I struggled with head hunger a lot.I have been in a diet and binge cycle for 22 years before the sleeve and completely obsessed with myself and with food.My fear of failure and success with the sleeve was huge!

I posted something on my blog here at about 5 months and a woman came back and wrote that I should get a life.Boy,were my feelings hurt but it really made me think.Maybe it was time to just be honest with myself,even though that seemed to be the hardest thing to do.To really start understanding that the success or failure was in my hands,and mouth..lol.What did I really want?I was forced to let go of my all or nothing way of living my life.

To really embrace the success and to accept when I fail.To not fall off the wagon but to climb off it and back on it by choice sometimes.To just be kind to myself but not to make excuses for my behaviour.It really is a process and it takes time and patience with myself.BUT NO SELF CONDEMNATION anymore.

The scale sometimes make me smile now especially when I've been earing badly and still praying for a miracle loss...lol.I've cried more this year than ever before,sometimes hating the fact that I couldnt eat my emotions anymore but thanking the Lord for it every day at the same time.I've also lauged at myself more than ever before because boy,can I be stubborn and obstenate sometimes.

I really mean it when I say if I could do this anyone can.ONE day at a time,one meal at a time actually.If I eat a rusk for Breakfast I will eat chicken only for lunch.Just a balance and persistance.This is a very humbling process and a very satisfying one.

Good luck to all of you and I would love to read your stories of your journeys of self discovery as the weight drops off.[/quote']

This is a great perspective. I was sleeved 3/13/12 as well and I celebrated my birthday 12/20/12 and I could feel the old me trying to creep back related to my old ways of celebrating ie eating. I woke up this morning feeling more determined to never go back. I've had a few days of set back but I won't let it turn into a week! Finding this post was very encouraging today.