Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Who else is waiting on approval?

Mine was resubmitted for the 3rd time on 12/17.. I've been doing insurance requirements since June. Got my approval today!!! Best of luck to you! Hang in there!

Congratulations :) good luck

I just got approved today - took less than a week. But I expected that with a 51 BMI. This year has been super difficult for me and my family. My husband got hit by a drunk driver in May and I got laid off from a job I had for 20 years in November. Hoping this surgery is the first hopeful thing to happen of many for 2013! Then job hunting with a vengeance!

Congratulations :) and remember there's always light at the end if the tunnel. 2013 is gonna be your year.

I just got approved today - took less than a week. But I expected that with a 51 BMI. This year has been super difficult for me and my family. My husband got hit by a drunk driver in May and I got laid off from a job I had for 20 years in November. Hoping this surgery is the first hopeful thing to happen of many for 2013! Then job hunting with a vengeance!

Congratulations on your approval ;) and remember there's always light at the end of the tunnel. 2013 is going to be your year!!!

denied today :( Getting ready to meet with my bariatric coordinator to figure out the next step.

Dont get discouraged I was denied 9 times, had my surgery monday but it took me 4 years to get approved

Jamari: thank you so much for your kind words :)

I talk to the insurance coordinator and my paper is still on the surgeons desk' date='

Whattttt! The coordinator said that she is waiting it submit it the surgeon had a busy week. Right?

Good luck![/quote']

I feel your pain that's what's going in w me I seen my coordinator 15 days ago it take 7 days after for the surgeons letter I told her she need to be getting in w it I'm impatient

Dont get discouraged I was denied 9 times, had my surgery monday but it took me 4 years to get approved

Denied 9 times? Wow...Can you give us details? I'm glad you FINALLY made it :)

I got my denial letter a few days ago from CIgna. Dr's office says it can be corrected so i am keeping my fingers crossed. I am bmi 49 with high BP, hiatal hernia, GERD and joint pains and only 31 and they will still find a way to deny you. They said i never submitted my 3 month supervised diet , which i absolutely did, and they need another recommendation letter from a doctor other than my surgeon. It is just bullshit. Now after i resubmitted all this they are saying they need another week or two to review.

I got my denial letter a few days ago from CIgna. Dr's office says it can be corrected so i am keeping my fingers crossed. I am bmi 49 with high BP, hiatal hernia, GERD and joint pains and only 31 and they will still find a way to deny you. They said i never submitted my 3 month supervised diet , which i absolutely did, and they need another recommendation letter from a doctor other than my surgeon. It is just bullshit. Now after i resubmitted all this they are saying they need another week or two to review.

Cigna said that I didn't submit my 3 month supervised diet either, and I absolutely did too. They are also requesting that my doctor submit a letter better supporting how this surgery will help my hyperlipidemia. Funny how they make up crap to not accept people. Soooo frustrating! My doctor is on vacation now, and will resubmit Thursday. Prayers and hugs to you.

Cigna said that I didn't submit my 3 month supervised diet either' date=' and I absolutely did too. They are also requesting that my doctor submit a letter better supporting how this surgery will help my hyperlipidemia. Funny how they make up crap to not accept people. Soooo frustrating! My doctor is on vacation now, and will resubmit Thursday. Prayers and hugs to you.[/quote']

They are just trying to make it look like they are not approving these surgeries so easily. If i were bmi 37 or so with ine minor comorbidity i would understan the need for a secondary consult or recommendation but i meet and exceed all the requirements so why beat around the bush just approve it. Good luck to you too

My wishes for you, Great start for Jan, Love for Feb, Peace for March, No worries for April, Fun for May, Joy for June to Nov, Happiness for Dec, Have a lucky and wonderful Merry Christmas & Happy new year 2013

Tomorrow is the beginning of a short week for me and for many of you. Congratulations if you were approved and your surgery is coming up... If like me you still waiting approval hang in there, is coming your way pretty soon :) good vibes all the time from me to you!!

Denied 9 times? Wow...Can you give us details? I'm glad you FINALLY made it :)

Yes, I have been trying since I was 18. I am now 22 I had my surgery last monday!! my doctor tried everything to help me out and some people in his ofice werent coorporating. I finally hot approved you just have to fight the insurance company like really fight and dont let them tell you no! I had a nmi of 40 and was a trauma patient...I have a few medical problems. Just keep teying and dont get discouraged. If you have to get your doctor to appeal it it may help...

I got my approval today! Starting liquids on the 1st and surgery on 14th. Phewwww thus ling journey of dr visits and hassle finally ending. Good luck to all! Dont give up

I am sooo happy for you :) congratulations. I'm still waiting, starting to get desperate... I called surgeons office today and they were going to call the insurance and call me back, they never did. I wonder what's going on????