Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Who else is waiting on approval?

Hey Jen! Any news from Cigna?

I called Cigna again today and they said that the doctor's office didn't resubmit the new paperwork indicating the change in surgeons. Left a message at the doctor's office. I don't know if Cigna conveniently "didn't get the paperwork" or if the office really didn't send it. So far Cigna hasn't been holding up the process as much as the doctor's office. Last appointment was 12/6, they didn't submit to insurance until 12/27. Cigna made a decision by 1/7 (denied) and the office said that they would correct the issue asap. Over a week later, they still haven't resubmitted. This is just crazy!!!

Jen I think a lot of us are finding this part of the process the most difficult. It's unfortunate when you have done everything within your realm of ability and still things seem to fall through the cracks.

Keep pushing lady bug! This will come to fruition!

I called Cigna again today and they said that the doctor's office didn't resubmit the new paperwork indicating the change in surgeons. Left a message at the doctor's office. I don't know if Cigna conveniently "didn't get the paperwork" or if the office really didn't send it. So far Cigna hasn't been holding up the process as much as the doctor's office. Last appointment was 12/6, they didn't submit to insurance until 12/27. Cigna made a decision by 1/7 (denied) and the office said that they would correct the issue asap. Over a week later, they still haven't resubmitted. This is just crazy!!!

I'm so sorry. I'm sure you just want to scream! It will all come together. Try to hang in there. ((hugs))

Jen I think a lot of us are finding this part of the process the most difficult. It's unfortunate when you have done everything within your realm of ability and still things seem to fall through the cracks.

Keep pushing lady bug! This will come to fruition!

I'm so sorry. I'm sure you just want to scream! It will all come together. Try to hang in there. ((hugs))

Thanks:) I appreciate the support. In the mean time, I have started tracking my calories to get a jump start. I felt like I was just in limbo, so I needed to do something healthy. I'm using my Body Media Fit to track my calories burned(this is a sensor on an arm band) and My Fitness Pal to track my calories consumed. They link so it's pretty cool. I'm also seeing my therapist regularly to work on my emotional eating. I want the surgery but, I'm prepared if it doesn't happen. Just going to do my best to get healthy either way.

I love your drive Dreamsofskinny! We are here to cheer you on girl!

Girl! I sent the insurance a packet that was 4 lbs! Anddddddd I just got approved today!!!!

Now bad news.... I only have 6 weeks left of my insurance. I'm out if town for the next week. And within these 6 weeks I have to find another job. (With 1 job pending final determination next week... Interviewed twice already). Can I heal in 2 weeks I wonder? Where there's a will, there's a way!! My employer got tired of hearing from me I think ;)

Girl! I sent the insurance a packet that was 4 lbs! Anddddddd I just got approved today!!!!

Now bad news.... I only have 6 weeks left of my insurance. I'm out if town for the next week. And within these 6 weeks I have to find another job. (With 1 job pending final determination next week... Interviewed twice already). Can I heal in 2 weeks I wonder? Where there's a will' date=' there's a way!! My employer got tired of hearing from me I think ;)[/quote']

Omg honey ...im practically in tears! Im so HAPPY FOR YOU! Sending you a virtual hug! Take that UHC...lol. Yes...where there's a will there's a way. Everything else will fall in line! CONGRATS!

Cigna is a struggle but they finally approved me 2 days ago after being denied surgeon fought for me peer to peer appeal review...

Omg honey ...im practically in tears! Im so HAPPY FOR YOU! Sending you a virtual hug! Take that UHC...lol. Yes...where there's a will there's a way. Everything else will fall in line! CONGRATS!

The ins. Coordinator sounded like she wanted to cry tears of joy today when I called her too. She said she's never seen a patient put together such thorough and long appeal packages and just being consistent about every little thing. I'm still kind of in shock. Now it's your turn for UHC!

Ladies its time for us to love us again. This is great we all approve. Yayyy!

Yes Ms_Jackie and congrats to you girlie

@DreamsofSkinny, I pray this doesn't become a chase but you have given me hope and encouragement! I know I can get through this! We shall overcome...ha ha. Keep us posted on your surgery date! Whoop whoop :-)