Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I do this already. I go until my body physically won't let me do anymore. I eat very healthy; vegetarian, lots of Protein, vegetables, no junk food, I will do the pre-op diet when I am pre-op. Just don't see much sense in starving myself when I have no end of the road in sight yet.

Yes self pay in the US is pricy. I know you want to drive.... Where in TX are you?

There is a gal on YouTube named vsg jean I think, that had hers done for $5k in puerto Vallarta. I mean... you have a good chunk of money and you might not even have to finance more if you get a little creative. Even if you could get $1k more you could come up with the balance and enough for airfare, maybe take a long weekend, go and come back. Im flying into San Antonio Thursday. Ill be back in Atlanta Sunday night.

Maybe an option...plan C if you will. Last resort.

You would miss more than a few days of classes... I wouldn't expect to be alert and ready for learning mere days after a sleeve. If hubby can't afford to go with, see if someone is having surgery the same day and buddy up. Plenty of people go alone.

Try One Main. They have offices everywhere. Or whatever company took over citifinancial.... I was approved for a small amount thru them.

Aside from a scammy place like cash call, which will own your soul long after you're at goal, I'm drawing a blank.

Lets see if anyone has any ideas in the daylight.

I'm in Spring, about 30-45 minutes South of Houston. Going to classwon't be hard...I will get walking in and the rest of the time I will be just sitting. Ispoke to a gastric surgeon in Houston about it and he said as long as I didn't do much more than short walks (it's a small college campus), there shouldn't be a problem. I think I am going to give it a few weeks but if I don't have a solution soon, I need to seek counseling to be ok with me as I am. I have been trying for the past 2 or 3 years as it is to find a solution and am at the end of the road. I am tired of liiving with all the negative feelings and self-hatred I go through. My husband loves me no matter what so I will be ok there. I am just really tired of dealing with disappointment day after day with this.

I would say just keep saving and do cash pay. You are over half way to Dr Alverez cash payment. Or see if your hubby has 401k where you can take a loan to make up the difference. That way you are paying yourself back plus interest. Or there is also the medical hardship withdraw from 401k.

His company offers NOTHING to their employees. They are very selfish when it comes to money and don't seem to care about the people who work for them. They don't even pay well...my husband is a manager, one of the best they have, and he doesn't even make $9 an hour. He brings home good money but has to work 60+ hours to get it. I really am just about ready to call it quits. I do appreciate the advice from everyone though. I guess I am just losing faith.

Look into your states Medicaid. They cover the sleeve. There are hoops and diet. But that may be an option as well.

His company offers NOTHING to their employees. They are very selfish when it comes to money and don't seem to care about the people who work for them. They don't even pay well...my husband is a manager' date=' one of the best they have, and he doesn't even make 9 an hour. He brings home good money but has to work 60+ hours to get it. I really am just about ready to call it quits. I do appreciate the advice from everyone though. I guess I am just losing faith.[/quote']

I am not sure about Texas but Florida has a medical supplement type program called Medicaid share of cost. So if you are having a procedure and its more than a certain amt of your income then it picks up the cost 100% in that 30 day timeframe (enough for surgery and follow up).

Also what about a personal loan at a local credit union?

Just throwing things out there. Keep your chin up. You are a very strong woman to deal with things for 11 years already...taking steps and doing your research like you are doing will make it happen.

Good luck. :-)

Medicaid will pay portions or all depending where you are to the national poverty limit. If your DH is a certain percentage above the poverty limit, then that is how they pay.

Lots of info here. Worth a look.

http://www.hhsc.state.tx.us/medicaid/med_info.html

I am going to try a small loan from a credit union. I have tried to apply for Medicaid and have been turned down for over 4 years now. I don't know how a credit union is going to work out but I am going to see.

Ive been doing some research and live in the Dallas area. All the doctors in the are have been over $11k so when I joined this site I started looking into surgery in Mexico. Dr. Fernando Garcia is $4700, Dr. Almanza is $4499, Dr. Quinones is $4300. So there are a lot of options not so far away and you wont have to worry about financing and paying interest.

Hope this helps! :)

My husband wants to ask the owner of his company to co-sign for a loan or his grandparents if that doesn't work. If we don't get anywhere, I will check into the doctors you mentioned. Thank you for the information.

Ok' date=' I know that nobody knows me on this site and I am only going to say this once and I am NOT going to get into some holy argument here but DO NOT bring up a sadistic, invisible man in the sky to me. In my knowledge and eyes, there is NO god and I NEVER said I was desperate for financing. I said I was desperate for answers. I do NOT appreciate anyone telling me to trust some being who likes to play games with people. Trust that? I don't trust anything that 1. won't prove he exists, 2. acts like a spoiled child when things don't go his way. There are many other reasons I could list why that piece of myth doesn't exist. I am not trusting some made up story that was created to control people and strike fear into the hearts of man. I am smarter than that. I do appreciate the 2 prior pieces of advice but that last one was not good advice. You should really make a point to find out if who you are speaking to believes in myth or not. I do not. I am SICK of people telling me to trust in something that doesn't even exist. If he does, he isn't worth my time or air because of all the death and destruction that he leaves in his path. It's fine if people want to believe in him, I just don't, never will again and would appreciate it if people didn't turn my dilemma into a god trust issue.[/quote']

I feel you. I am a fellow nonbeliever here was well and I get irritated with those types of responces as well but a word to the wise - dont get so aggressive with that, we are the minority and people mean well. You would be well served to just let tgat roll of your back rather than getting worked up and challenging peoples beliefs.

I feel you. I am a fellow nonbeliever here was well and I get irritated with those types of responces as well but a word to the wise - dont get so aggressive with that' date=' we are the minority and people mean well. You would be well served to just let tgat roll of your back rather than getting worked up and challenging peoples beliefs.[/quote']

The weird part about the whole things is that read in one of the posters statements that she's losing faith it sound kinda contradicting your self cause faith is the source of believing but hope no one gets mad about this good luck it's just my opinion