Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I've recently used Milk of Magnesium and it WORKED!!! No cramping, just an urge to go and it was easier... of course it all happened in the middle of the night as the directions state to take before bed. I was so relieved!!! (pun intended)!! LOL

I didn't read all the responses so IDK if anyone has said it yet or not -- but COFFEE!!!!

OMG, it is my saviour!!! I am a little over 6 months post-op and for the first 4 months or so I spent all kinds of money on stool softeners and Fiber gummies and nothing ever worked - little did I know - 2 cups of coffee in the morning - keeps me regular like a clock!!

This doesn't work for all - but it's worth a try!!! It's saved my life. LOL

I didn't read all the responses so IDK if anyone has said it yet or not -- but COFFEE!!!!

OMG' date=' it is my saviour!!! I am a little over 6 months post-op and for the first 4 months or so I spent all kinds of money on stool softeners and Fiber gummies and nothing ever worked - little did I know - 2 cups of coffee in the morning - keeps me regular like a clock!!

This doesn't work for all - but it's worth a try!!! It's saved my life. LOL[/quote']

Are you drinking Decaf or full test coffee?

I am not sure what full test is??

I drink regular caffeinated coffee with creamer! :)

Regular, caffeinated coffee is what we refer to as "full test."

Regular, caffeinated coffee is what we refer to as "full test."

Who is "we"?? LOL

I've never heard that in my life!!

I found a great solution after months of misery. 800 mg of magnesium (a supplement at any drug store - I would try 400 mg first to see if it works) in addition to two Fiber gummies each day. Every once in a while I will take milk of magnesia' date=' but it is now a very rare occurrence. There is no cramping, and that was important to me. Haven't tried chia seeds but they sound ok - there are many times where I am not willing to use 60 calories on a Tablespoon of chia seeds, but 15 cals for my fiber gummies doesn't bother me.[/quote']

In my opinion, the benefits of chia seeds far outweigh the calorie penalty. They do a lot more than what's being discussed here...

They are very filling and will make a small Protein shake feel like a larger one

They have Omega 3s

They are a complete Protein, very rare in nature

They keep blood sugar levels down which curbs appetite

They keep you hydrated by holding onto Water

And as has been discussed here...they are full of fiber.

Who is "we"?? LOL

I've never heard that in my life!!

It's a slang term.

Kind of like asking if you like it leaded or unleaded.

It's a slang term.

Kind of like asking if you like it leaded or unleaded.

ohh, ok - kind of like I call regular B*dweiser beer diesel???????? LOL

BTW - OTR you're looking FAB!!! just by seeing your profile pic I can tell how much you've lost!! WTG!! :)

In my opinion' date=' the benefits of chia seeds far outweigh the calorie penalty. They do a lot more than what's being discussed here...

They are very filling and will make a small Protein shake feel like a larger one

They have Omega 3s

They are a complete Protein, very rare in nature

They keep blood sugar levels down which curbs appetite

They keep you hydrated by holding onto Water

And as has been discussed here...they are full of fiber.[/quote']

I'm not saying Chia seeds aren't the healthier of the two options - I am sure they are. It's a mental thing - I know there are benefits, but struggle a lot with hunger and always want to choose something that sounds more like "food". After hearing you extol the virtues of Chia I think I will try it. It's the filling part that is selling me on it. I haven't had a Protein Drink in maybe two months, but will have to go back to them to some extent Jan 1.

I've been eating prunes. I eat about 3 every day, and I've been good to go ;) ever since. I tried chia seeds, but they dehydrated me really badly even though I drank extra Water.< /p>

I've been eating prunes. I eat about 3 every day' date=' and I've been good to go ;) ever since. I tried chia seeds, but they dehydrated me really badly even though I drank extra Water.[/quote']

I'm sorry to hear they are causing dehydration for you. Per a tip from BTB, I have found it very helpful to precede chia seed consumption with 32 oz of Water in addition to water spread throughout the day. Are you letting the seeds gel for 20-30 minutes before eating them? That might help so that the seeds don't rob you of water.

I've been eating prunes. I eat about 3 every day, and I've been good to go ;) ever since. I tried chia seeds, but they dehydrated me really badly even though I drank extra Water.

The seeds will definitely soak up every bit of Water they can find in your system, unless you let them gel beforehand. I put them in my Protein shakes and let them sit for 1/2 hour before drinking. It leaves me feeling full much longer and it doesn't dry me out.

Thank you so much Butterthebean for the information about chia seeds. After 10 days of trying absolutely everything I rushed out yesterday and bought chia seeds when I read your posting about them. Success in just 24 hours. I feel like I have found a miracle food. They will definitely be in my diet every day now.

Yes, I let them sit in my Protein Shake overnight that's why I was confused why I was getting dehydrated. Is it maybe because I chew them, instead of just swallowing them?