Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

8 months post op and just found out im pregnant

so i am 8 months post op surgery already have reach my goal weight and a litte pass and i just found out im pregnant, this will be my 1st child i am extreamly happy and nervous since he or she were not plan but i believe God allows everything happen for a reason. i am worried about the baby's nuturition and how he or she are going to do, also since he or she is my 1st child the dos and dont? any parental advice and any positive stories about sleeve pregancys would help lol ... cuz i feel extreamly nervous lol and i find my self worring about the littlest things.

i just bought vitafusion prenatal Vitamins they are Gummy, 1st doctor appointment is on the 2oth ...

Ask the doctor for some prenatel Vitamins and let the doctor know that you have been sleeved. Ask him about

what nutrition you she have throughout the day. The prenatel vitamins should help a lot. Drink a lot of Water and

kept you doctor updated on whats going on. Remember, you should start gaining weight for the baby. It is all

hormonal to gain weight for the baby. Congradulations on the baby!

Sincerely,

Tracy Sellers

Ask the doctor for some prenatel Vitamins and let the doctor know that you have been sleeved. Ask him about

what nutrition you she have throughout the day. The prenatel Vitamins should help a lot. Drink a lot of Water and

kept you doctor updated on whats going on. Remember, you should start gaining weight for the baby. It is all

hormonal to gain weight for the baby. Congradulations on the baby!

Sincerely,

Tracy Sellers

thank you

I am trying (& am so close!) to where you are (check my stats). :)

My surgeon have me the GREEN light to TTC starting in October!

So... you should be fine! I take those same pre-natals (suggested from my surgeon) and an Iron supplement. :)

CONGRATS TO YOU!

The main reason why I am getting sleeved was for fertility reasons (I'm so ready for babies!! :) ) When I had my NUT appt, i mentioned that to her and asked if/how my post-op nutrition would affect a baby when I get pregnant, but she said there would not be that many changes and it would be totally manageable, primarily adding more Calcium and such. Maybe your NUT can give you additional info once you see your doc? CONGRATS!!

i see her and my rn on the 20th then i see a doctor afterwards well i hope you get pregant asap lol well as soon as you want... im still in school and im working so i was not ready for a baby yet they were not in my plan for another 4 years lol but life happens and im extreamly excited i just want to hurry up and get out the 1st trimester since i know its dangerous !

i see her and my rn on the 20th then i see a doctor afterwards well i hope you get pregant asap lol well as soon as you want... im still in school and im working so i was not ready for a baby yet they were not in my plan for another 4 years lol but life happens and im extreamly excited i just want to hurry up and get out the 1st trimester since i know its dangerous !

Congrats and keep us posted, I myself is hoping to become pregnant a year after I get sleeved and I worried about the same -_-

I'm 8 months post op too and just found out I'm 4 weeks pregnant. I'm so scared, as far as nutrition. My story is a bit different though, we have been trying for 12 years and my husband is a cancer survivor. So I totally lost hope till now. How are you doing with nutrition?

Congrats!!! thats exciting and I think with being 8 months out, you will be ok as long as you keep your dr informed!

I got pregnant at 8 months out, and I am 20 weeks along now. Everything is going to be just fine! The nutrition skills you learn in dealing with recovery from the surgery work great for pregnancy too (though with pregnancy you need a few more carbs, since an all-protein diet is harmful to the baby). Lots of small meals with a good amount of Protein will help you with morning sickness if that becomes an issue. And if you start losing weight too quickly, "sliders" are your friends. popcorn and Fritos (just here and there) have helped me keep from losing weight too quickly, in addition to my prenatal Vitamins and otherwise healthy diet. Good luck, God bless, and keep us posted on how it's going! :)

Oh, I also meant to say, something that was very comforting and reassuring to me while I was really struggling with morning sickness- my OB, my normal doctor, and one of our friends who is a very good internist all said- the baby is going to take what it needs. It gets first dibs on the nutrition you take in and have stored up in your body. The extra Vitamins are really for you, so that you don't become deficient or anemic or start losing hair, etc. Baby will get what it needs and be just fine!

Congrats to you guys!! Kids are awesome! I am 7 mths post op. 11 lbs from goal. Hubby told me today that he wants to have another child when I reach goal....I am thinking long and hard. He is 43 so he wants to have one more ASAP. I am not sure just yet!! But he is a wonderful father and husband so, I find it hard to want to say no....

Wow thank you ladies!!!! This all has really helped me. I see the Obgyn on the 3rd. So excited!!! Thank you all again!!!!

I'm 8 months post op too and just found out I'm 4 weeks pregnant. I'm so scared' date=' as far as nutrition. My story is a bit different though, we have been trying for 12 years and my husband is a cancer survivor. So I totally lost hope till now. How are you doing with nutrition?[/quote']

This is awesome! A miracle baby! Best of luck and lots of healthy wishes to all of you ladies!

Congratulations! Just make sure you track your calories, to make sure you are getting enough calories :) I plan on TTC in a year out from my surgaversary...and anxious that I wont be able to eat enough as I can only manage 500-600 cals a day at most!

SO EXCITING!!!