Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Molestation!!!!

John my heart goes out to you. I can't even imagine finding out someone you knew so well...you didn't really know at all. I'm with you in the thought that just because you were raised in a terrible way doesn't mean you can't turn it around and to the opposite with your own children. Some people are stronger and able to turn it around...others just can't do it I guess. Anyway...just wanted you to know I'm thinking of you and thank you for being you.

HUGS

Hey John, I was so sorry to read your post, the pain of your heart was so clear. I hope you are feeling a bit better now that a few days have passed, but it will be a long time befor you can make sense of this, if there is any sense to this at all.

There is a world of hurt and hurting people will hurt other people. This is why I love Christ Jesus. He healed my hurt. I believe that there is a spiritual realm that is more "real" than this physical world we are in now. I truly believe that it existed before the world was made and it will continue to exist after the world is gone.

I also believe that there are real demons that have no other purpose but to kill, steal and destroy. I beleive that without Christ to protect us we are "exposed" to the damage these things can create. Your friends only hope lies in Christ Jesus, both in his forgivness, and redemption. He will harvest the crop for the seeds he has sewn, but with Christ Jesus he can begin to sew good seed. He will have to face prison, sadly and he will have to humble himself before God. But I also believe that compared to the holiness of God, we are all guilty and deserve what we get here on earth. We are only redeemed by the forgivness from Jesus, that we can all be reconciled to God the father.

I hope you can find peace in the middle of all this. Evil is evil and it is real. We will all someday bend our knee before God almighty, either willingly or not. What amazese me is that while we are here on earth He gives us our free will to choose to love Him and accept his covering or not. He is all powerfull, yet He allowes us to choose. Isnt that amazing?

God bless you and may He give you the wisdom to do what ever it is to do in the middle of all this. This is not unlike something I went through, I would not have overcome without Jesus. I will always love Him.

I broke the chain too. Raised a wonderful daughter mostly as a single parent. without getting too personal, there couldnt have been much worse have happened in my younger years. However, others around me with the same upbringing havent faired as well. Did I know these people. Yes, and cared for them. I dont understand how and why but if anyone is willing to help themselves I'm willing to atleast offer minimul support. This cat seemed out of control for sure!!!

Bobby Hamrick: Congratulations for breaking the chain!! Your post sounds very insightful and it's great to read a post from someone who has overcome a bad upbringing and become a good parent.

My DH and I believe that looking back and blaming people who surrounded you when you were young and vulnerable is a losing proposition. It doesn't do you one bit of good to whine about what a lousy upbringing you had. Almost everyone can find fault in one way or another with the decisions their parents made and lifestyles they led.

The important thing is how you use the experience to become a good person and to be a better parent, aunt, uncle, cousin, brother, sister, mother or father than the ones who made mistakes with you. Hopefully life is a series of learning experiences and as the old cliche goes, when I knew better, I did better.

As a therapist, you will never know. most of the time people like Eric has been prayed upon himself so now he does. Someone has messed him up psychologically due to the physical aspect. Please speak on his behalf because if he goes to prision or not, he needs to talk with someone to release the anger and hurt he has inside. Don't get me wrong I hate this happen to innoscent children but remaining objective, he was innoscent at one time when someone molested him.

I have a feeling that only someone who is very well qualified will be able to help the man rid himself of all the anger and pain. If that is even possible. God help him.