Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sydney Gal Waiting On Surgery.

Hey Aussie folks,

Im 29 and am a Sydney sider looking to share knowledge of experience with others.

My surgeon is Dr Craig Taylor of North Sydney and comes very recommended.

My partner was sleeved over 12 months ago with Dr Craig Taylor and his experience alone has encouraged me to take a life changing journey.

However, as everyone is different Im open to hear others views, experiences and opinions.

I have 2 young(ish) children and don't want them to be burdened with a lesser quality of life because of me, being tired, sore, irritable and down in the dumps.

I want/need this change with the aid of surgery to stop existing and to start living.

I had surgery with him in August this year. I'm very happy with the results. I have already lost 124% of my excess weight and am enjoying my new lease

On life. Feel free to ask anything. I'm still pretty fresh so can fill in any blanks your partner may have forgotten.

Thank you.

Is there anything your able to share, your experiences both negative and positive even if they are minor details.

I hear of a lot of women experiencing hair loss.

Excess skin, do you find most retracts back?

I'm having my first consultation with dr Craig Taylor feb 8th 2013. I was just wondering what happens after the first consultation is over, and how long after your first consult with him did you do the surgery and how long you stayed in the hospital???

Stayed in hospital 4 nights. I went to the mater. He said he could do the surgery 2 weeks after initial consult, I had it 6 weeks after though as I had to apply for annual leave.

Thank you!! Another question I have is did he put you on any preop diet and if he did what did it consist off.

Sorry if I'm prying but I really appreciate all the help your giving me ????✌

Hi there,

I find that everyone's experience is different.

I haven't yet got a surgery date and my initial consultation was in November.

My partner was sleeved with Dr Craig Taylor and was self funded with early release of some super as we have no private health insurance he want through concord who (if you have pre existing) medical conditions will fund part of your costs.

I am also going through this. I have PCOS and am insulin resistant, with diabetes in the family. I will be going through concord as a public patient, upon approval from the metabolic clinic at Royal Prince Alfred hospital. This is a requirement if concord is to fund part of your costs.

There is a 2 week pre op diet and that is a diet of Optifast, With some allowable filler options.

Hi there. My Husband and I are both seeing Dr Craig Taylor. We were both sleeved last Tuesday 18/12/12 also at concord hospital. He and his team are all really great.

The last 2 days at home have been difficult with pain (not unbearable) and restrictions with movement but I an glad for our journey so far.

My hubbie has lost 12kg so far and I have lost 9kg. The pre op diet was 2 weeks of Optifast and 2 cups of veggies from a list given by the dietitian.

The staff at concord were also friendly and caring.

All the best with your journey.

Thank you so much guys I'm feeling more confident about choosing dr Taylor, I'm really excited and can't wait for the consultation to come along so I can begin this journey.

I was just curious as whether you were self paying or covered by a health fund? I'm doing the private route because it is much more affordable for me. And if there is any differences in treatment?

Thanks you again for all the support I really do appreciate it ill be the first person to be doing this type of surgery in my family and have no one that I can turn to. I'm so happy I found this app ????

I was private at the mater. It was more like being in a hotel than a hospital. Any elective surgery in the future will be there.

Hi there' date='

I find that everyone's experience is different.

I haven't yet got a surgery date and my initial consultation was in November.

My partner was sleeved with Dr Craig Taylor and was self funded with early release of some super as we have no private health insurance he want through concord who (if you have pre existing) medical conditions will fund part of your costs.

I am also going through this. I have PCOS and am insulin resistant, with diabetes in the family. I will be going through concord as a public patient, upon approval from the metabolic clinic at Royal Prince Alfred hospital. This is a requirement if concord is to fund part of your costs.

There is a 2 week pre op diet and that is a diet of Optifast, With some allowable filler options.[/quote']

Hey Kelly

Have you gotten your surgery date yet??