Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Height, Weight, And Size Poll

HW: 218

CW: 210

HT: 5'2"

Size: 16-18, depending..

Surgery: Approved, and will receive a surgery date at my next appointment on 10/1/14.

Edited by OnePhatWhoDat

5'7". Started at 306 day of surgery. At my first post-op, I was 293. Haven't weighed myself yet, but I have an appt with Dr. Friday. I try not to obsess over the #. Started out fluctuating between 22-26. The capris I'm wearing right now are 22 and literally fall off. Jeans are 22 and I don't have to unbuttoned them to pull them off and on. I'll update Friday after my Dr. appt.

I'm 43, was a size 16, 201 lbs. I'm short at 5'1.

I'm a different kind of sleeve patient because I wasn't very high on the bmi scale but I am borderline diabetic, have GERD terribly and insomnia due to weight.

Hey Hockey Momma,

How has your journey been?

Edited by Monasongbird_38

5'4"

Started 222 lb size 20

Surgery 206 lb size 18 - january 2014

Now 140 lb size 6

Highest Weight: 337

Starting weight: 323 (when i went to doc)

Surgery Weight: 312

Current weight: 286

I am 5'4 and my weight is more abdominal and upper body. Thank goodness I'm losing weight there! My old shirts are fitting and some of them hang on me like dresses now. I have also had my pants fall off a few times now!

I know I haven't lost as much as some, BUT, I was only on a special diet for 1 month. I noticed that many who lose weight even faster are still on liquids and puréed foods for way longer.

Edited by auntiemel

I'm 5'5" and started at 238 pounds, size 22 jeans, XL or XXL tops

Currently 137, size 5/7 jeans (depending on maker), M tops.

Love this sleeve!

Where do you stand?

No matter where you are on your journey, could you share some body stats? If not your current stats, then where you started?

I sometimes see people becoming discouraged if someone is losing faster, or someone who weighs the same as they do can wear a smaller size.

I think it will help to see that everyone is DIFFERENT, we all carry our weight differently, and height makes a difference. Muscle mass and gender make a HUGE difference.

Feel free to update as your size changes.[/quote

5'6"

Feb 6, 2014 HW--360lbs

Wore a 3x-4x top and 24-26 pant

July 1, 2014 Star of liquid diet--335 lbs

July 14, 2014 SW-314.5 lbs

I was still wearing the same clothes but they were loose.

November 2, 2014 (1 day shy if 16 weeks) I'm 254 lbs-- 18/20 XL Tops and 18/20 pants (some are 18/20W, but those are getting too loose) depending on the brand.

HW: 262 May 2014

CW: 245

Height 5'4"

22 - 24W pants, 2X to 3X shirts (I like them loose)

Waiting for my surgery date :)

I'm 5'1.

19 years old.

Highest weight: 297

Current weight: 289

I'm pre op on the liquid diet, my surgery is scheduled for 11/18/14!!! ????

Goal weight: 130

I don't even know what pant size I am, I usually wear xl (tight) leggings and yoga pants. My prom dress in high school was a size 22. So I think by now I'd be a size 24. My shirts are xl and xxl. Can't wait to join the losers bench! As long as I could remember I've been overweight and I'm so excited to see what skinny and healthy feels like!

I started at 235 at 5'3" and just had surgery on 10/30. Wearing 2XL tops and 18/20 pants. Down 15 lbs as of today. Have a long way to go, but know I'm on the right track

I was 223 lbs at my highest.....I am 5'3"

3 years post op (as of October) and have been at my goal weight of 138 for 2 years

I am 61 years old, feel 35

Can hardly remember being fat. I feel, eat, think, live my life as a thin person.

But the two photos below (taken exactly a year apart) are a good reminder to keep me on track. It isn't so hard really. It has been a very fun, exciting adventure!

I'm 5'6" and 48 years old.

I started at 235 in a size 18 pant, 1X or 2X top

I entered maintenance about 9 months post op when I reached 145 pounds and could wear a size 4 jeans, small or medium top.

Last week I hit my lowest weight so far, 140.6 pounds

I feel like I have a little pudge around the middle still and recently extended my goal range to no lower than 130, with a sweet spot of 135 pounds which is right in the middle of the healthy BMI scale for me.

Surgery Date: 4/9/2014

Emergency Surgery Date: 5/12/2014 (Had a hole form)

Weight on Surgery Date: 257

Pants Size: 22

Shirt Size: 2X

Today:

Weight: 195

Pants Size: 14

Shirt Size: L