Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

5 Weeks Post Op And Eating Issues Food Stuck Need Advice!

Obviously we're obsessing on the pretzels because we want them too!!! With cream cheese!!!! Awwwww man :(

Woohoo! Pretzel + cream cheese = high Protein snack! As long as it's eaten in moderation (100 calorie snack) I guess I don't see what the problem is if you're released for all types of food.

Chew well, take small bites and stop when satisfied. It's a lifestyle change, not a diet.

I'm not understanding Amazon13's reason for why the pretzel is hurting the OP. She's postop far enough that she have a few pretzels. Yes? No? I'm confused....but what else is new!

Thinkthin and Doxieville,

I went to my support meeting last night and my Doctor leads the group. I told him about what happened and he said that can happen at first and to just chew well, take small bites and eat slow. I told him about the famous "pretzels" and he said that I was ok to eat that. He said a few pretzels are not going to put on weight. What puts on weight is sugar, chocolate, etc. In fact he said pretzels are much better to eat than potato chips. Anyway all is good and I just need to follow his advice and I will be fine. Glad he said along with others at the support group that this is only temporary on the stuck feeling. Thanks again all for your input.

Oh good! I'm glad you asked him. For me, a pretzal wld be dangerous. I am carb sensitive and that would lead me down a carb craving. But if that's not an issue for you, that's great.

I had my first experience with this today. I was eating chicken for lunch and I think I didn't chew well enough and ate too fast. Not only did I get the stuck feeling, but I also threw up slime. That one experience was enough to make me slow down and be more thorough with my chewing. It totally sucked and was a little scary.

I am 3 years post op and every once in awhile something get stuck. I find that I have the worst trouble with cheese. shortly after my surgery, I did eat some rice and it got stuck and I had to throw up. I have the same problem with some breads. today, with ANY food, if I eat even a couple bites more than my stomach can handle, I get a very full sick feeling. sometimes, I don't even know that I am overly full until 5 or 10 minutes after I'm done eating! I find it very helpful to stand up, walk around, and sort of lift my arms to stretch my rib cage. By doing that, it seems to get my digestion going. my doctor has also mentioned that if you take a sip of a carbonated beverage, that will help loosen up the food and help get it unstuck. And FYI, I have not eaten rice in almost 3 years! That was the worst painful night of my life!

Obviously we're obsessing on the pretzels because we want them too!!! With cream cheese!!!! Awwwww man :(

LMAO!!!!!! You hit it on the NAIL!!!! OMG PRETZELS!!!! HOW DARE HER!!!! LOL!! just kiddin' Big deal she had a pretzel...LOL!! How did it taste girl? hahaha

At four weeks I was okayed for bread Pasta and rice even pretzels and popcorn I just hate pretzels always have. But back to things stuck yeah I have tryed a few things. What works for me a sip of Water shhh my doc said a sip is ok :P just a sip :) but as always each surgeon each patient is different follow your surgeons advice and instructions :) .

weight.png

Thanks again for all the reply's. Eating slower and chewing well and no problems so far.

Like everyone has said, chew chew chew! small bites and chew until it's practically mush. My doctor said that if I experience some of the things you described to go back to my liquids 100oz of Water 80 grams of protein.. once you can do that per day, try solids again. Just a suggestion on my part.