Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November Bandsters!

LilTweety! Look at your weight loss!!!!!! Have any good tips or words of wisdom?

Thanks Betsyjane. I really just try and get all my Protein in first, drink lots of liquids, and exercise. I don't think I am I doing anything differently than anyone else. When I do crave something I try to only have a bite or two and then stop or like this week when we were traveling and staying at my brother's house I allowed myself to have a few things I normally don't. Now I am back doing my normal eating.

Dr. A I saw them and just love them. I just responded in band2gether site. It is a trip how small the streets are. I am from CA and everything is big here. Even the 4 lane freeway. I am so jealous and want to go really bad!!!! Do you speak French?? How did you communicate? Did you just go weak at the knees with the guys talking French??? I would!!! Thank you for sharing those with us. I am going to have to start using Walgreens to share pictures. Have a great day!!!! :D

Dr. A I saw them and just love them. I just responded in band2gether site. It is a trip how small the streets are. I am from CA and everything is big here. Even the 4 lane freeway. I am so jealous and want to go really bad!!!! Do you speak French?? How did you communicate? Did you just go weak at the knees with the guys talking French??? I would!!! Thank you for sharing those with us. I am going to have to start using Walgreens to share pictures. Have a great day!!!! :D

Vikki-thanks...I left a message on the other site. Where in CA are you? My son's wedding is in SO CAL so maybe if you are down there we could meet.

LilTweety-sorry about the pics...on the other site it seems easier for everyone to see them...maybe you can check my thread there on band2gether.net I am Dr. A there and the thread is Paris pics...

By the way I saw your pics...wow! you look great!! Great job!!!!!

Vikki-thanks...I left a message on the other site. Where in CA are you? My son's wedding is in SO CAL so maybe if you are down there we could meet.

LilTweety-sorry about the pics...on the other site it seems easier for everyone to see them...maybe you can check my thread there on band2gether.net I am Dr. A there and the thread is Paris pics...

By the way I saw your pics...wow! you look great!! Great job!!!!!

Thanks Angela.

That did the trick. You look so beautiful and relaxed in your photos. What a beautiful place to visit.

I saw on that sight that you reversed your M.S. using hollistics. I would be interested in hearing about that sometime. My mom was diagnosed with M.S. a couple years ago.

Thanks Angela.

That did the trick. You look so beautiful and relaxed in your photos. What a beautiful place to visit.

I saw on that sight that you reversed your M.S. using hollistics. I would be interested in hearing about that sometime. My mom was diagnosed with M.S. a couple years ago.

You can call me sometime or private message me... for now make sure everything is as natural as possible and stress is kept to a minimum. Yoga is very ggod also. B complex, calcium/magnesium are important. Good fats also.

Dr. A- I live in Huntington Beach, Orange County. Where is your son getting married?

BetsyJane--that is an interesting article--it seems more for gastric bypass patients, but I would think a lot of it would apply to us as well. And, cngrats on the new clothing size! That is where I am at, too. I have shopped in the plus sizes for as long as I can remember, but can now shop in the misses--even if it is an XL-I am very happy about that. Well, we have a blizzard warning out here for tonight and tomorrow, so I am not too happy about that! My husband is supposed to fly home tomorrow from Oregon to Denver, then drive home to Pueblo, which is about 2 hours away, but I am worried now that he will not make it. This sucks! It is really snowing hard already, so I can't wait to see what tomorrow brings!

Good grief! And we're in the heat of summer most days already in Houston!

Yeah, I can't see what the difference would be for us with lap bands. Seems like that article would apply. Lots of interesting ideas.....

You can call me sometime or private message me... for now make sure everything is as natural as possible and stress is kept to a minimum. Yoga is very ggod also. B complex, calcium/magnesium are important. Good fats also.

Angela- I would love to talk sometime. In the mean time I will pass those suggestions along.

I have a food question for everyone. Do you eat oatmeal? In the papers I got from my doctor it said oatmeal was a no-no and I'm not sure why. My regular physician wants me to eat it for cholesteral issues and I don't see my surgean until next month to ask. Might have to give them a call, but interested in what you've been told/or if you eat it.

I think it is because of the texture of Oatmeal. When you put boiling hot Water in it and let it set it gets very soft. I can't see why it would be bad for us. If you swollow a big bite it might end up plugging the band and then if it doesn't continue to slide down you will end up PBing and oatmeal would be painful going back up. If it is watered down then it should slide down just fine with small sips. That is the only thing I can think of to say no to it. It is a great way to put the Protein Powder in and it is very healthy for us? Let me know when you find out because I eat it all the time!! Have a great weekend everyone!!!!!! I am going for my second fill tomorrow in Mexico. Have you guys seen the Lap band commercial that is on TV now? They are advertising it kind of like a diet pill commercial. It tripped me out. I am glad the word will get out more and help other over weight people control their weight.

Well, Tuesday a.m I ended up in the E.R. I was throwing up constantly, and couldn't even get Water down. While I was there I had a GI which showed I had a total obstruction. My Dr, Pucci was about to get out another 1/2 cc of fuild from my band, and with a little rest and lots of IV.. I am here today. Yesterday they sent me to get an endoscopy, and it was fine, they were able to get pass the band... which saved me form surgury today. They thought they might have to replace my band... Ugh.. imagine the terror. I was terrified not of the surgury, but what if they were unable to put a band back in. Yes, this banding has not been the easiest thing in the world, but it is very important to me and my health. It makes me feel like a "normal" person. So, I am back to step 2 liquids, and am damn happy doing it. The thing that I will never forget in my life again, and learned here first... is..ifI do throw up, go on liquids for 24 hours. Dr. Pucci said everyone is difffrent, but that is deffinatly the case with me.

Anyway, Boys and girl.. I am home, I am happy.. and I am now probably over the 70 lb mark.. Yippie! Psst.. they asked if I would be a spokes man someday.. lol

Love it

Misty

I am so glad you are okay Misty.......what a scary experience. 70 pounds is sooooooooooo great!!!!!!! You need to send us some pictures.

What do you mean by obstruction? Was that from food? Or the band?

An obstruction is when NOTHING gets thru the band, it doen't have to be a thing, it could judt be sweelling or overfilled. We are pretty sure mine was swelling, but between the time that the last of the Fluid was removed, and the endoscopy, something, maybe beef from easter may have fallen thru. Never know. I am happy to be on the road to recovery!

Thanks for the well wished Vivki

Misty

Misty, that sounds so scary. I am glad to hear you are doing better.