Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November Bandsters!

How can you say you'll fail??? Look at your weight so far!!! Stop buying into those old tapes and look at the new REALITY! Repeat after me... I am not perfect, but I am losing weight! I am a person who loses weight.

Yeah, should have been my call and not my mother's. Might be the last time I let her fix food for me. I figure it's her issue.... she panics when she can't feed people. It's what she does. She's thin...was a model...but eats almost all carbs and is diabetic, but she made it to 90 and still looks great!

Hi Everyone!

Hope you had a nice holiday. How di you do with all the temptation? I had my litlte bits of everything...hope the scale tomorrow is kind to me.

From what I can tell many of us have been too busy to use the internet much...I hope we remain in contact during our weight loss journey.

Will check in tomorrow!

My favorite Christmas present was an iPod Shuffle!!!!!!! This tiny tiny clip holds 250 songs. I've put my favorite upbeat dance songs from all the different decades of my life on it, and I'm looking forward to clipping it on and dancing whenever I feel the urge to splurge on food. And I'm going to make that durned treadmill interesting!

I did that too. Not once but twice.....It is painful and the guilt and worry doesn't help. Same worries, did i screw up my band. You know now to not revert back to the same amount you ate before the band. You'll be ok just remember to not eat so much ..........it hurts. Happy new year and new Life

Hi All,

i haven't posted much but will today!

i was banded Nov. 14 and won't have a fill until Jan.8.

i overate yesterday quite a bit.....not all at once....but almost like grazing.

When i came home, my chest felt tight and i felt like vomiting, but prayed i wouldn't.....and i didn't! :-)

Today i still feel full but my biggest problem and question is......did i stretch my pouch by my overeating......and what do i do if i did? How can i tell? etc.

I did that too. Not once but twice.....It is painful and the guilt and worry doesn't help. Same worries, did i screw up my band. You know now to not revert back to the same amount you ate before the band. You'll be ok just remember to not eat so much ..........it hurts. Happy new year and new Life

Are we supposed to feel/have any restriction before getting a first fill?

Thanks for any help.

cal aka female

I think the fear is a good thing...helps us stay in line some. I figure, though that as incorrigible as we are, surely the band was designed to take a bit of abuse.....

Yesterday I broke down and bought new jeans. I have been avoiding it because I hate to put too much money into new clothes because I don't plan on staying in them too long. Well, my hubby and I went into CJ Banks and I saw that the largest size they carried was a 24 and I told him it was no use, I couldn't fit in them but he convinced me that it couldn't hurt to try. I tried them on and they fit perfect!!!! :whoo: I couldn't believe it!! I had been wearing a 30/32 and assumed that I was probably in a 28 or 26 if I was really lucky but I never in my wildest dreams figured it could be a 24! The sales girl must have noticed my obvious surprise when I ran out to show them to my hubby and she commented on how nice they looked. I felt like dancing out of the store!! :dance: I can't remember the last time I wore a 24.

Met my personal goal of 50 lbs. by Christmas and got a bonus of fitting into a 24...this year is ending wonderfully! :high5:

Yesterday I broke down and bought new jeans. I have been avoiding it because I hate to put too much money into new clothes because I don't plan on staying in them too long. Well, my hubby and I went into CJ Banks and I saw that the largest size they carried was a 24 and I told him it was no use, I couldn't fit in them but he convinced me that it couldn't hurt to try. I tried them on and they fit perfect!!!! :whoo: I couldn't believe it!! I had been wearing a 30/32 and assumed that I was probably in a 28 or 26 if I was really lucky but I never in my wildest dreams figured it could be a 24! The sales girl must have noticed my obvious surprise when I ran out to show them to my hubby and she commented on how nice they looked. I felt like dancing out of the store!! :dance: I can't remember the last time I wore a 24.

Met my personal goal of 50 lbs. by Christmas and got a bonus of fitting into a 24...this year is ending wonderfully! :high5:

That is awesome. Way to go!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOW WOW! Congrat! 50 lbs and you were banded after me! You must be eating the right things. Tell us how you are doing it? I just can't seem to keep my hands and mouth off food.

BTW...I just found CJ Banks and love it love it love it. I will never shop at Lane Bryants or Catherines again. CJ Banks is so much more in style.

I'm trying to think of all of them as trying to be helpful.

The only one I really blew it with was my mother. I did so well at Christmas dinner, and then my mother brought out this incredible lemon cake pudding that I adore. She said she made it just for me...sugar free and with only a tablespoon of flour for the whole batch. i ate it with gusto. Then she told me it really had sugar in it and she just didn't think it would hurt me on Christmas. I told her that was like shoving a bottle of liquor in an alcoholic's mouth. She said she'd never do something like that and how could I say that. Then she said she'd never feed me again. Then we let it pass and went on enjoying Christmas. Brutalized and duped by my own enabling 90 year old Mother! Oy vay!

I was actually more annoyed with me than her...I've been going after lots of sweets...odd since I rarely did before. Not sure what that's about, but thanks for helpin' out, Ma!

That is downright horrible! I can't believe she would lie to you like that. Talk about sabatoge! You have a physical and mental investment into what you are doing and she and everyone else in this world should support that!

I feel like I am going to fail at this too. I mean I have done every diet out there...I just don't have an self control!

Why do you think you are going to fail? You have already lost 20 lbs so thus already a success! Did you have to pay out of pocket for this or did insurance cover it? I had to pay out of pocket so I am damn well gonna get my $17,000 worth! I can not afford to fail!

Wow that is great! I can't wait to be able to walk into any store and just pick something off the rack! What great reults you are having too. Already lost 50 lbs! Wow. keep up the good work!

Well I think it took almost 4 days for the salt in the soy sauce to run it's way out of my system. I literally gained 4 lbs from it! So, I guess Im back on track. Can't wait for my fill!

weight.png

banded 11/29/06

first fill 1/11/07

Why do you think you are going to fail? You have already lost 20 lbs so thus already a success! Did you have to pay out of pocket for this or did insurance cover it? I had to pay out of pocket so I am damn well gonna get my $17,000 worth! I can not afford to fail!

I paid out of pocket too. 16500.00. I know that is a lot of money. I'm not saying that 20 pounds isn't a lot, but because I have failed so many times in the past. I just don't consider this a big deal. I've lost 20 pounds so many times. Until I really lose some weight (over 50) I won't believe that I can do it.

WOW WOW! Congrat! 50 lbs and you were banded after me! You must be eating the right things. Tell us how you are doing it? I just can't seem to keep my hands and mouth off food.

Thank you! :thankyou:I can honestly say that for the first time in my life, I am proud of myself. It is a nice feeling.

I am not doing anything special I don't think.:noidea: I am very happy with losing 50 lbs. and that is a great accomplishment but I want to lose 230 lbs. so 50 is just a drop in the bucket. My surgeon has set his goal for me at losing 200 lbs. so I guess I am 1/4 of the way there! I think that the reason mine may seem to come off quicker is because I have a lot more to lose than others. I may be wrong on this, but it seems logical to me.

What do I eat? Well, I try to stick to 3 small meals per day. Once in a while I will have a snack but I try to not do that too often. Typical foods for me are: rice chex with skim milk, oatmeal, boiled egg whites, sugar free/fat free pudding (I have lots of it), low fat cheese, some mashed potatoes or baked with a little fat free butter, fat free refried Beans with a little low fat cheese on top (YUM!), vegetable Soup and fat free yogurt. Other things are: fresh fruits such as bananas, apples (w/o the skin), peaches; my favorite vegetables are green beans, lima beans and broccoli so I tend to eat them more than anything else. As far as meats, I have boneless skinless chicken breast (baked) mostly. My husband is big into hunting so we eat wild game and I never buy things such as beef. Deer meat is a lean meat and better for you. I have had small amounts of deerburger and steak. There are obviously other foods in with these but these are the things that I have most often. Not a lot of variety but so far I am not bored with it and it is working.

As far as excercise goes, I try to walk on the treadmill 4 times per week and do some light weights to help keep the sagging skin from getting so bad. So far the weights are working because I don't have any sagging skin! I also don't sit in front of the tv like I did before because I have this amazing amount of energy so I actually want to be up doing things.

Denise...you need to post some before and after pics.

I did have my hubby take pics of me the night before surgery but I have been afraid to have him take any since because I have a hard time seeing my weight lost (since it's me). However, other people are noticing it and I guess I afraid to see the pics because I don't want to be disappointed if it's not as noticeable as I hope it is. Maybe I will break down this evening and have my hubby take some new pics. :nervous