Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November Bandsters!

I had the surgery thursday morning. It is now Sunday. I feel ok today, but still swollen. I think I pulled a muscle in my side getting out of bed and my back is hurting just from laying down for days.

I totally forgot to have my husband take a picture of me before sugery, so I will today. According to my scales I've have dropped 15 pounds in 4 days. Doesn't that sound like too much? it doesn't feel like it though because I am swollen.

My doctor only requireds Clear Liquids for 3 days after surgery, so today I had some Gerber's oatmeal and apple sauce...yummy!

My blood sugars have been mostly under 150, but I am still having to take some insulin and probably will until I lose more weight.

I am planning on going back to work tomorrow. I don't see a problem with it.

Here are some of things I found out that help...make sure your sheets are tucked in good use them to pull yourself up to get out of bed...big help.

Have some sugar free candy to suck on or something the first and second day...it helps the dry mouth.

Other than that your sore and tired for a several days...but you get over it.

Hello everyone,

I have been checking out this site for months (thanks everyone for your insight) and now I am ready to chime in! My surgery date is Nov. 15th. I am looking for pals that are having thier LAP band "installed" around the same time so we can compare/contrast our journey together.

I am not required to do a pre op fast- just one day before I will be on liquids. This scares me a little bit, wondering how difficult it will be after the surgery on a liquid diet. I am 40 BMI, weight 238 (am 5'4") and my goal is 160.

Also, any tips on how to get the ticker on my signature would to be helpful- even though I am rather computer literate, I can't seem to figure it out!

A week and a half an anxiously awaiting...

prbrooksie: Glad to hear you are doing well!! :D That's wonderful news! Hope everything goes well with you going back to work. I'm gonna be a bum and take a whole week off. :heh:

My surgery is Wednesday. It will be here before I know it. I am VERY ready; as I'm sure we all are! Good luck to everyone else who is getting banded this week! :)

Congrats on your banding, PRBrooksie! Glad to hear you're doing well.

Good luck to everyone who is getting banded this week!! :)

Tropicaljill, I'm getting banded on Nov. 20th. I have to do a pre-op diet for 12 days but it is not a liquid diet :thumb: I have a similar BMI to you, 40.7...but I'm 5'10.

To get the ticker, go to tickerfactory.com to create one and then copy and paste the code into your signature block.

Yes, I'm going to change my title now! Weee!

The surgery was easy and I was surprised by that. The most difficult part is the gas! Please, walk around to get it moving. I don't have pain from the incisions and am already off the pain medication. It's just the gas that I'm still having to get rid of. So far I've already lost 8 lbs since Thursday's surgery 3 days ago. Not bad!

My mouth is dry, that's about it. I'm happy to be banbed, and am just praying that this tool works well for me in the long run.

Best wishes to those whose turn is coming up this month! May your time be as easy as mine was, or easier, if that's even possible!! :biggrin1:

This is great news!! I am so glad to hear that the pain is minor....thank you for sharing that!! Now, about that dry mouth...is it because you still can't drink much? You are doing so well---you are an inspiration!! I leave on Tues. for my surgery on Wednesday..... so any advice you give is so helpful. Thanks!

prbrooksie: Glad to hear you are doing well!! :) That's wonderful news! Hope everything goes well with you going back to work. I'm gonna be a bum and take a whole week off. :heh:

My surgery is Wednesday. It will be here before I know it. I am VERY ready; as I'm sure we all are! Good luck to everyone else who is getting banded this week! :)

prbrooksie: Thanks for the great update on your surgery and your health! I 'm glad it all worked out and you are doing so great... keep posting!!

niecyrenee: Don't forget that you and I have the same surgery date, so let's both try to post as soon as possible after surgery and compare, OK?

Good luck to all the Bandsters this week!! Our journey begins.....:clap2:

Karen

....just wanted to say hi & good luck. I was banded on 10/25.

....just wanted to say hi & good luck. I was banded on 10/25.

Joy, how are you doing?? How has your recovery been??

Karen

Well i'm now 12 days post op and feel great! I was having port pain from it being stiched to the muscle, I felt like I did a million sit-ups, but that went away almost overnite. I started out at 210 on 8/7 when I went in for a consult as of now i'm 182. I will begin working out tomorrow just doing cardio and upper weight training, but in a couple of weeks I will begin lower weight training just have to let myself heal a bit more even though I fell fine. My brother is a personal trainer so he has been really helpful! I am feeling hungry this week, im still on a full liguid diet but I just up'd my Protein and I eat something every couple of hours, that helps! for those of you who are worried about having the surgery DON'T FREAK OUT...it is soooo worth it!

That is great news, Joy!! You give the rest of us hope and encouragement. Thanks for posting.... please keep letting us know how you are doing!!

Karen

Hello Everyone,

Well it's official! I just got back from Mx and I am glad to be in my own bed :) The surgery was far easier than I ever expected. The only complaint thus far is the bloating and gas. The plan ride home was a little difficult....just what I needed more pressure. Bring Gas-x strips they seem to help a bit. The otterpops were the best...the coolness helps.

Also remember your cell phone charger......

I haven't weighed myself yet...I will update in the morning. Don't know what else to write let me know if you guys have any questions. I will try to keep up.

Thanks,

Jessica

I am getting banded TODAY!!! My appointment is toady at 2:30 with Dr.Ren at NYU medical. I am really nervous - I guess that's normal.

Well, I look forward to hearing about eveyones progress - and I will post my post surgery experience later this week.

Best,

maureen

niecyrenee: Don't forget that you and I have the same surgery date, so let's both try to post as soon as possible after surgery and compare, OK?

Karen

We are almost there!! :clap2: I'll be back on as soon as possible and we'll definitely have to keep in contact and compare "notes". Be sure and take before pictures!:photo: It will be nice to talk about our progress and see how we each do. Good luck!! :)

Denise

I am getting banded TODAY!!! My appointment is toady at 2:30 with Dr.Ren at NYU medical. I am really nervous - I guess that's normal.

Well, I look forward to hearing about eveyones progress - and I will post my post surgery experience later this week.

Best,

maureen

Good luck!!! We'll all be thinking about you today. Let us know how you're doing as soon as you feel up to getting back on the computer!!

Denise

Best,

maureen

Congratulations!! :clap2:

The nervousness is very normal. It's really not a big deal. I was banded last Thursday, and I was nervous and afraid, but when I got to the hospital I was ok. I came out of the surgery really glad I had done it.

Get ready for the gas. That part is the most uncomfortable. For me, the pain from the incisions was over in a matter of two days. I've been off the pain medication since Saturday. Just be prepared to walk around and move your arms to help with the gas pain. I'm 4 days out, and I feel really good! I'm already down 9 lbs, so I think I'm doing well.

I wish you a safe and speedy recovery! You will do well! :)