Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Will I Ever Get To My Goal

how mluch have you loss already. my nut told me we should lose at least 10lbs a month.

Yeah, you will-it is a long slow process buy you can do it. Remember that we all lose wt. at different levels and daily exercise makes a difference. Some people can reduce calories/not eat and lose wt. And some people like myself can eat lots of calories and exercise at least 60 min per day and still lose wt. It is all up to you and how you want to lose wt. I personnal would rather exercise to manage my wt. Loss than deprive myself or go hungry. Good luck to you.

Do you track what you eat? If not, I suggest it. You'd be surprised when you don't track/log your food, what sneaks in and what little nibbles here and there add up. Also, it helps to "see" what you are working off. I use my fitness pal and it helps me see what I'm eating vs. exercising off. It's a bit of a tweaking game as you get further out from your surgery. I suggest possibly more Water, but not knowing what you are drinking oz wise, I am just guessing. I'd like to see how much Protein you are getting in, how much Water, how many calories and how much exercise. It's been a game for me and if you need some help, I am on my fitness pal. I'm no expert, but could offer better advice/suggestions if I see what you are eating and what exercise you are getting in.

One thing I have learned through my psychologist/support group... he says you have to have 60-90 mins of CARDIO a day to lose/maintain. I about flipped out whenever I was told that. I was doing 30-45 mins a day of what I thought was hard working out in the cardio section with some weight lifting in between. Since he told us that, I upped my workouts to cardio cardio cardio and the weight's dropped off.

Feel free to add me on mfp if you'd like. Or if I can help you further, pls inbox me and I'll try to offer better suggestions if I can. Remember not an expert here, but just trying to help if possible. Best of luck to you all .. always. xx

... and what alot of people forget is that just because you dont see lbs goin away on the scale that doesnt mean you arent dropping inches. Expecially if you are exercising!!!

Do you track what you eat? If not' date=' I suggest it. You'd be surprised when you don't track/log your food, what sneaks in and what little nibbles here and there add up. Also, it helps to "see" what you are working off. I use my fitness pal and it helps me see what I'm eating vs. exercising off. It's a bit of a tweaking game as you get further out from your surgery. I suggest possibly more Water, but not knowing what you are drinking oz wise, I am just guessing. I'd like to see how much Protein you are getting in, how much Water, how many calories and how much exercise. It's been a game for me and if you need some help, I am on my fitness pal. I'm no expert, but could offer better advice/suggestions if I see what you are eating and what exercise you are getting in.

One thing I have learned through my psychologist/support group... he says you have to have 60-90 mins of CARDIO a day to lose/maintain. I about flipped out whenever I was told that. I was doing 30-45 mins a day of what I thought was hard working out in the cardio section with some weight lifting in between. Since he told us that, I upped my workouts to cardio cardio cardio and the weight's dropped off.

Feel free to add me on mfp if you'd like. Or if I can help you further, pls inbox me and I'll try to offer better suggestions if I can. Remember not an expert here, but just trying to help if possible. Best of luck to you all .. always. xx[/quote']

Yea I do I'm tryin very hard

Congrats on the weight loss!

Just wanted to give you a bit of info you might find useful regarding cardio workouts.

Cardio workouts certainly do burn alot of energy during the workout. In fact, they burn so much energy that while you are in a cardio session, you will use up all the available glucose in your system and the body will turn to the next easiest source of energy. Unfortunately, that source is NOT fat. It is muscle.

So while you are losing weight, it is possibly not the weight you want to lose, which is fat! You may be canabalizing your own muscles to feed your body during your long cardio sessions. It is VERY important that you eat alot of Protein to try to make up for this, and rebuild muscle.

Generally speaking, it is also important to do a significant amount of resistance training (weight lifting). That will build muscle and muscle burns energy (fat) even at rest. When you're in a cardio session, the energy burning benefits stop the minute you step off the scale. When you build muscle, it burns energy even while you're asleep!

Not to mention that building muscle will help you keep a toned, shapely look once you've burned off the fatty outer layer. If you're all cardio, all the time, you may end up looking very skinny, but flabby and not as healthy as you had hoped!

A good balance of cardio and resistance training is a great formula for success now and ongoing!

Just something for you to consider. :)