Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone From India?

Puja,Thanks! I read a lot about nutrition before and after surgery. I am so glad to be on solids! In the liquids and pureed foods phase all i was allowed was daal and rice. I don't like rice. I need some of sort bread(wheat,sorghum roti,phulka) with my meals. So i have a puri sized roti during lunch. My nut says i should avoid gluten but we agreed to one a day.

What kind of challenges? Even after 18 months? I was kind of hoping to reach a stage where i forget i have had this surgery and eat normal person portion sizes.

Did your nutritionist say to avoid gluten because you have a sensitivity to it, or because of the carbs?

I don't think there's ever a point so far that I have forgotten I have had surgery, despite living like a normal person. I can eat up to 1 cup of food, depending on the food type, and try to make sure I don't go beyond that point. Eating mindlessly or overeating is something I want to avoid at all costs! Yes, my plate looks more normal now than is used to, because I have added more variety to it, but I am still very conscious of what goes into my mouth. It's very easy to eat too fast or too much.

It's great that you have kept yourself informed about nutrition! Your health is of utmost importance, and your diet is key in maintaining that. I don't track calories on my phone anymore, but I do a mental tally of my Proteins and calories throughout the day. I still focus on a minimum of 60 gms Protein, and 1200-1400 calories. It will become second-hand to you, with time.

Aside from food challenges, you will inevitably find yourself with other challenges related to your new body and your new lifestyle. It is a wonderful journey! There is a veteran's group within this forum that may provide you with insight to the emotional challenges many people face during their weight loss journey.

How is everyone else on here doing? Have you found WLS support within your respective social circles or cities?

Hi, guys! I started a social group on the forum called "Indian Sleevers". Please join, and invite other members! The group allows you to post articles, and start conversation topics. Hopefully it will be helpful to current and new sleevers joining VST!

Neil, you're always so good about following up on the posts made in this thread! :) How are you doing?

Hey guys

How's everyone doing? I'm from Mumbai, India. Had my surgery 2 months ago and doing very well so far... Not sure If I'm entirely happy with my weight loss though. I've lost a total of 13 kgs in 2 months. And from what I've been reading here so far, ppl loose A LOT more on 8 weeks.

I'm a vegetarian and I am eating mostly Proteins along with having my Isopure Protein shake once a day. Not sure when the weight will drop.

How's everyone else doing?

Unaware of this thread, I had also started a thread titled same. I am from Nagpur, 5 months out. Doing fantastic without any problems. I am now 79 Kgs, goal is just 5 Kgs away. Not in any hurry. BP and Diabetes under control and within normal range without insulin. I have already posted all requisite details on thread I had started. Nice to meet you all on this forum.

Mrsmsp, 13 kgs in 2 months is excellent! Everyone loses at a different pace, and at this point your focus should be on health and happiness. The weight will come off in its own time. Eating and living healthy is priority! Keep tracking your Proteins and calories religiously, and you'll be there before you know it.

Vsg_usd, it's amazing that you are able to control your blood sugar levels without the need for insulin! Congratulations! That, along with your loss, is a wonderful achievement.

Neil' date=' you're always so good about following up on the posts made in this thread! :) How are you doing?[/quote']

Hi! Puja I'm doing grade I have lost 92 pounds in 5 1/2 months. And how are you doing?

post-45043-13813664640698_thumb.png

[ATTACH]11355[/ATTACH]

post-45043-13813664640698_thumb.png

[ATTACH]11355[/ATTACH]

post-45043-13813664641333_thumb.png

Neil, you look brilliant and glowing! Especially in that suit!...Very sharp. ;)

Congratulations on all your success, thank you for posting pictures!

WOW! Neil you look great! What an amazing transformation! Keep up the good work and all the best to you to reach your goals soon! :)

Hi.. i'm from chennai.. but live and was sleeved in texas this jan..

Hi, Avanti! Congratulations on your surgery! How are you doing post op?

Hi Puja.. thank you.. it is four months since surgery this may 10th.. and so far.. it is going good.. :) I've lost 47#s post op and 15 before that.. long way to go.. but I'll get there.. eventually.. ;)

the Protein intake and keeping my eyes off the rice and parathas are my biggest struggles so far..

What a wonderful way to start off the new year! :) I've noticed that if you get some carbs along with your Protein in the form of daal or dahi, it's easier to avoid rice and roti.

Good luck!

@Puja.. thank you for that tip.. i'll try it out.. :)