Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone From India?

Guys...I am back & this time,with some very good news :)

After having my surgery cancelled last minute & then scouting for new surgeons & even packages offered, i have finally found the right fit...So here i am,back from visiting the surgeon - procedure date stamped & armed with list of pre-op investigations.

17th Jan 2013,it is :)..a 3day pre-op diet & 5days of hospital stay (including one day prior to surgery) ...taking a total of 10days off.

Super Excited !!!!!!!!

Good luck to you!!

Guys...I am back & this time' date='with some very good news :)

After having my surgery cancelled last minute & then scouting for new surgeons & even packages offered, i have finally found the right fit...So here i am,back from visiting the surgeon - procedure date stamped & armed with list of pre-op investigations.

17th Jan 2013,it is :)..a 3day pre-op diet & 5days of hospital stay (including one day prior to surgery) ...taking a total of 10days off.

Super Excited !!!!!!!![/quote']

Ohhh thats great news....Good luck to you for your surgery....!!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using VST

Hi to all the Indians, I go in for surgery in Mumbai on sat 2nd march, really nervous, hate hospitals! Any preop pep-talk would really help!

Just saw this thread and I am not Indian, I am actually American born and raised, but just wanted to say hello!

I had a lap band surgery in Mumbai in 2006!! It was a wonderful experience. It was my first trip out of the US. Everyone thought I was crazy for choosing Mumbai as an American with no ties to India, when everyone else was choosing Mexico but I was so happy with my choice and loved my surgeon and my hospital!!! It was a wonderful trip and the experience of a lifetime! If any Americans happen across this thread and want information about surgery in India I would be happy to answer any questions you have!! :) I hate to admit that cost is a factor in my upcoming revision, but such is reality and I just cannot afford to return to Mumbai or I would. I have chosen a very qualified surgeon in Mexico, and am confident with that decision, though I have to admit, if money were no option, I would love to return to India again!!! :) it was a truly wonderful experience and I felt so safe and exceptionally cared for the whole time! I received superior care to some surgeries I have had here in the US!!!

Unfortunately my lap band was unsuccessful but that was no reflection on my surgeon and his skill at all! In fact, I believe the only reason that band failed when my first band worked is because that 2nd band was placed correctly as opposed to my first that was placed too high.

Fitinmumbai, all the best! Hospitals can be scary, but this weekend is going to be a great start to a whole new and healthy you!

Fitinmumbai, what hospital are you going to?

Oh, I was at Hiranandani Hospital! I loved it :) I'm sure you will have a wonderful surgery!! No worries!

Hi to all the Indians, I go in for surgery in Mumbai on sat 2nd march, really nervous, hate hospitals! Any preop pep-talk would really help!

.....Hey, I hope you are doing well after the surgery, hoping to hear back from you soon.

Hello everyone! I am from Pune. Got sleeved on 18th last month. I have lost around 12kgs in 4 weeks. Will weigh in tomorrow( will be 5 weeks post-op). I start having solid foods next week. Have been trying to figure out a sensible diet(proteins,carbs and fats in the right proportion) . Any advise on how to go about it?

P.S.updates would be great. I know comparing is futile but weight loss stats are very inspiring!

Hi, Indiangirl! I somehow missed your post. Congratulations on your weight loss! I hope you are recovering well!

Are you vegetarian? I've heard that many of the nutritionists in India aren't doing an ideal job on meal and nutrition planning. When I was in Bangalore, I had a few staples of daal, dahi, paneer, and milk. All of those have a good amount of Proteins, carbs, and fats. If you eat eggs, those are great, too! In your initial food stages, you might want to stick to these items, because they are all very easy to digest, easy to prepare, and can me thinned down (or thickened up) according to your needs. Peanut Butter is great, too!

Try to stay away from kidney Beans or black-eyed Beans initially, because those cause more gas.

I had my surgery on August 31st of 2011, so I am about 18 months out. I have been maintaining for about 6 months!

Hey puja! Congrats! I eat all of what you mentioned. I agree they are easy to prepare and digest. I eat fish and chicken as well. All my meals contain some form of Protein followed by veggies and then carbs. I eat red meats too but i think I'll stay away from beef and pork for atleast a year.

I feel maintenance is more of a challenge than losing. So best of luck to you too!

Srushti

Srushti, I'm glad to see that you've got a good hold on your nutrition and dietary requirements! Eating fish and chicken will definitely help you keep your Protein count up. How are you managing solids so far?

We face new challenges every day with the sleeve, whether it be before or after reaching goal, so thank you for your encouragement!