Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone From India?

Just wondering if there are any Indians in this forum.? Im from mumbai !

Sent from my GT-I9100 using VST

Just wondering if there are any Indians in this forum.? Im from mumbai !

I am Indian but I live in Canada. Where are u having ur procedure done?

I already had my procedure in mumbai on 17/9...lost around 7.5kgs so far...stalled since 2 weeks!! When are u planning yr procedure?

I had mine done here in Canada on Oct 2. Lost 20lbs on my pre op liquid diet and about 12lbs since surgery. Hope ur journey goes well:)

Thts nice...congrats!! :) wish u luck fr d rest of d journey!

Another Indian here, from Mumbai & brand new into the sleeving world,just consulted for surgery, shall need tonns of advice from you folks.

Im 24, weigh 95kgs & am 5'5inches tall

Hi there! I live in Chennai and I'm 10 months post-op. How are you guys doing? Wish you all success in your weight loss journey!

Hi there! I live in Chennai and I'm 10 months post-op. How are you guys doing? Wish you all success in your weight loss journey!

hey so nice to hear from some one from India with experience...so how was your journey so far?? are u at goal yet??

im 1.5 months out and lost 13kgs so far....its slowww...but i had a bad 3 week stall...

i have tons of questions if u dont mind :)

Hello everyone! I'm not Indian, but I am married to an Indian who grew up in Pune. I love to travel to India, it's probably my favorite place on Earth!---part of the reason I decided to have the surgery.

Everything in India is so small!

hey so nice to hear from some one from India with experience...so how was your journey so far?? are u at goal yet??

im 1.5 months out and lost 13kgs so far....its slowww...but i had a bad 3 week stall...

i have tons of questions if u dont mind :)

Hi! Sorry I was on a long vacation and travelled to my hometown - so I didnt have internet connection. Congrats on your weight loss so far. I know it is very frustrating when we hit a stall, but I've grown to take it in stride.

I reached my surgeon's goal of 75 kgs (165 lbs) last month. But my goal is 60kgs (130ish lbs). I dont think I'll be able to reach it any time soon LOL. I'm at 73 kgs (160.5 lbs) right now and I think if I try a bit harder I may make it to 69 kgs (152 lbs) by my surgiversary on Jan 11, 2013. After that, I'm going to go a little bit easy on myself. I'm craving potatoes and I have had only like a couple of bites in this whole 11 months. That is my trigger food and I've done well to stay away from it. But I want to reward myself with a steak and mashed potatoes on my surgiversary! :)

And feel free to PM me with any questions you have! :)

Hello everyone! I'm not Indian, but I am married to an Indian who grew up in Pune. I love to travel to India, it's probably my favorite place on Earth!---part of the reason I decided to have the surgery.

Everything in India is so small!

So happy to hear you enjoy visiting India! Pune is a great place. I dont live there but I have visited friends who live there. I live in the south Chennai where it is always HOT as hell LOL. I love Pune's weather!

I see you were sleeved recently. How is it going? Hope you have recovered nicely and doing good with the weight loss! All the best! :)

So far, I'm doing okay with my sleeve. I've had a lot of nausea and ended up with a hematoma in my abdomen---nothing serious though.

I'm almost 3 weeks out and have lost about 30 pounds. That just seems so crazy to me!!!

I read your profile, and it seems we're about the same age. I just turned 28. We also had similar starting weights. It seems you've been very successful! Congratulations! Are you feeling so much better?

How do you deal with all the aunties trying to feed you constantly? I'm a little worried about that one...

Although my husband was raised in Pune/Mumbai...he is Bengali and his family now lives outside of Kolkata. Bengalis love their food! Especially lots of rice and sweets.

Also, I was wondering what kind of diet the doctors put you on? I'm currently on pureed and I'm craving Indian food like crazy!

So sorry to hear about the complications! Hope you are doing well now.

Thanks for your compliments! I do think I have had good success with the weight loss. But as my height is just 5 ft, I dont think I'll be comfortable with my body until I reach a slightly more proportional weight. My weight loss so far has given me the confidence that, though it may take longer than I anticipated (dreamt!), I will get there eventually.

As far as the family gatherings go - yeah, I completely agree. Sometimes it is very hard when they keep offering all these lovely food and you need to find creative ways to politely refuse. I let my family (and even my extended family, second and third cousins) know that I have had the surgery. If I say 'no, thanks' to some food, they dont try to offer me the same thing twice. So I have had a relatively smooth journey throughtout this year. Does any of your in-laws know that you've had this surgery? If you feel it is okay to share, may be you can drop some hints in your telephone conversations before you come to India. Even if you are not ready to share the details of the surgery, you can just say that you are trying a new weight loss procedure and are having a lot of success and you dont want to jeopardize it?

I didnt start visiting friends till after the 4th month - and even then, we just went to restaurants. My friends were really accomodative and chose restaurants that offered a variety of tandoori items and shallow/pan fried food. Or the next best thing is Chinese - I could get food that was cooked in sauces rather than deep fried food. I totally avoided Italian and Mexican for a long time because I love the cheesy goodness of those cuisine and it would be too tempting - I cant say no LOL.

My doc was very strict with the diet chart. The first 2 weeks, I was on Clear liquids - this included rice kanji (the broth formed while cooking rice in a deep bottomed vessel instead of pressure cooker), tender coconut Water (yummy!), clear fruit juices. The next two weeks was full liquids - Soups with bits of mashed veggies, mashed cucumber/pumpkin raita, sometimes a little bit of 'nungu' - I dont know the exact English name for this - but it is the fruit from the palm tree. So tasty! I started solids on the 5th week, and from then on, chicken and fish have been my staple food. Now I eat almost anything except potatoes and wheat based items like rotis, parathas etc. I never liked those rotis and parathas, but I miss potatoes like crazy! :(

So sorry to hear about the complications! Hope you are doing well now.

Thanks for your compliments! I do think I have had good success with the weight loss. But as my height is just 5 ft' date=' I dont think I'll be comfortable with my body until I reach a slightly more proportional weight. My weight loss so far has given me the confidence that, though it may take longer than I anticipated (dreamt!), I will get there eventually.

As far as the family gatherings go - yeah, I completely agree. Sometimes it is very hard when they keep offering all these lovely food and you need to find creative ways to politely refuse. I let my family (and even my extended family, second and third cousins) know that I have had the surgery. If I say 'no, thanks' to some food, they dont try to offer me the same thing twice. So I have had a relatively smooth journey throughtout this year. Does any of your in-laws know that you've had this surgery? If you feel it is okay to share, may be you can drop some hints in your telephone conversations before you come to India. Even if you are not ready to share the details of the surgery, you can just say that you are trying a new weight loss procedure and are having a lot of success and you dont want to jeopardize it?

I didnt start visiting friends till after the 4th month - and even then, we just went to restaurants. My friends were really accomodative and chose restaurants that offered a variety of tandoori items and shallow/pan fried food. Or the next best thing is Chinese - I could get food that was cooked in sauces rather than deep fried food. I totally avoided Italian and Mexican for a long time because I love the cheesy goodness of those cuisine and it would be too tempting - I cant say no LOL.

My doc was very strict with the diet chart. The first 2 weeks, I was on Clear Liquids - this included rice kanji (the broth formed while cooking rice in a deep bottomed vessel instead of pressure cooker), tender coconut Water (yummy!), clear fruit juices. The next two weeks was full liquids - Soups with bits of mashed veggies, mashed cucumber/pumpkin raita, sometimes a little bit of 'nungu' - I dont know the exact English name for this - but it is the fruit from the palm tree. So tasty! I started solids on the 5th week, and from then on, chicken and fish have been my staple food. Now I eat almost anything except potatoes and wheat based items like rotis, parathas etc. I never liked those rotis and parathas, but I miss potatoes like crazy! :([/quote']

I'm Indian but I live in USA I had my surgery done in India, Rajkot Gujrat, I am 5 week out and lost about 52 pound, I am vegetarian,

Hi Neil,,Welcome to the Gang,,5 weeks and 52 pounds is a very good number, gr8 going. I am per-op for now,might have it done on 13th Dec in Mumbai. Which hospital in Rajkot did you get your surgery done from?