Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Another Phony E-mail Refuted

I read all of these posts thoughfully, and have decided that I MUST be a traitor...I got out of the Army after 1 tour in Iraq (my husband did 2 and got out) because I couldn't agree with Bush's reasons for the war after being there and seeing those refuted ...I was a translator, so I got to hear the 'man on the street' EVERY day I was there...

" if you disagree out loud with the official government policy are you a traitor. Of course patriot was defined as going along with BuSh."

:faint:

TruBluSue: Good for you for following your convictions. It's gotta be H-E-double L for those military in Iraq who see the war up close and personal, and who disagree with BuSH's declaration of War on the Iraqi's. It's been very interesting to hear what some of the retired Generals have had to say about it. And the idea that we have forces there who do not have adequate weaponry and other support is something I thought Americans would never do to our military. Doesn't BuSH have a conscience? How can he visit Iraq and look those men and women in the eye?

In Desert Storm, when some of the National Guard were called up and sent, and so many of them who were taken away from important jobs and family voiced their discontent, I thought, hey you guys, you've taken the job of weekend warrior, received the pay, etc., now we need you, so you gotta go. But this is so different. The National Guard has become an intregal part of our fighting force there. Wonder where we would be over there if it weren't for the call up of so many of our National Guardsmen (Guardswomen).

But this is so different. The National Guard has become an intregal part of our fighting force there. Wonder where we would be over there if it weren't for the call up of so many of our National Guardsmen (Guardswomen).
And they have been abused.

If BuSh wants to keep on fighting these wars efficiently, he will need to ask congress to legislate a draft. But, ah, there's the rub. If BuSh reactivates the draft, he would have to be more selective which wars he starts and he will have to prove that the wars are needed.

The public will be less gullible to BuSh and Rove when they have their children taken away from them forcefully.

Point to Ponder:

Why didn't George W. BuSh select Karl Rove to be his Secretary of State?

Was it because BuSh realized that the foreign diplomats are too smart to fall for Rove's mind-games?

or

Was it because keeping political power was more important to BuSh than a successful foreign policy?

T.O.M. The younger generation doesn't believe that the draft can happen. It's as foreign a concept to them as illegal abortions. Two horrible realities that you and I saw way too much of in the 60s and 70s.

They think that they can put a stop to both of those things if they have to. With some other president, perhaps, but with this president, they should know that he can reinstate the draft if he chooses. He has all that partisan Congressional support, and he's already made strong appointments to the Supreme Court in an effort to overturn Roe v. Wade.

If BuSH keeps messing with Iran and Korea and China, and others, the draft may become a reality once again. I'm hoping that he doesn't have enough time in office for that to happen. AND, this is a big AND, I'm hoping that someone who believes in diplomacy will be elected our next president.

What did you think of John Kerry? Honestly he is the first man to run for President in my lifetime whose heart was where I thought it should be. I was a Clinton supporter, btw. I was almost afraid that Kerry would be assassinated if he were elected. They sure did a number on him, didn't they?

P.S. I have no clue about Karl Rove. But my guess is your last question is the more applicable one. He doesn't seem to have much use for a successful foreign policy. At least that's what his behavior tells us.

BuSh is as stubborn as they come. I don't know if his stubborn streak was born of his spoiled upbringing or if he really thinks he communicates with Jesus.

In many places in this country, hearing voices means you are insane.

But it some places, hearing voices means you are either in cahoots with Satan or a Man of God.

I liked much of Kerry's basic principles, but not his temperament. The same can be said of Al Gore.

To get a good Democratic president it would take a man who shows no diplomacy (or mercy) toward his Republican opponent in the campaign, but could shift to a man with the diplomatic skills of Benjamin Franklin.

Part Mike Tyson and part Benjamin Franklin. :)

LOL T.O.M - I always said that it would have to be "...part Jesus Christ and part John Wayne." My apologies if that offends anyone's sensibilities. When Bush said that "...G-d told him to invade Iraq..." I started to get really scared...psychosis coupled with political (and real) power on an unimaginable scale...andf, as to the Karl Rove question...BuSH needed someone who could play the role of 'enforcer" without the constraints of a sanctioned political office...

Just a former soldier's opinion...LOL...I do have an BA and MA in political science, but darn it, its a middle east specialty not US...<grin>

I do have an BA and MA in political science, but darn it, its a middle east specialty not US...<grin>
Why would BuSh want anyone with a degree in Middle-Eastern Political Science? He already has the whole Middle-East figured out and he doesn't believe in science.

If you had a degree in Middle-Eastern Intelligent Design, BuSh would probably hire you to go on a talk show on Al-Jazeera and give a fair and balanced speech on why Democracy is needed in all the Middle-Eastern countries hostile to the USA, but not in the Middle-Eastern countries that are allies if the USA.

TOM: I like the wit and wisdom of a Benjamin Franklin, but how about Mohammed Ali instead of Mike Tyson?

Kerry did let us down especially toward the end of the race. He didn't have the mean dog temperament needed to go up against those clowns. He began to spout retoric and perspire heavily and that was disappointing. Acceptable for someone like Bush, but not acceptable for a thinker like I thought Kerry was. I don't think Al Gore could win even as Vice President. LOL

And is the reason you said we "need a man who..." is because you don't think we need a woman who...? I have mixed emotions about Hillary. I think she would actually do a good job, but I honestly don't think she can get elected. Therefore, I hope your man who has the temperment of Mike Tyson (M. Ali) and diplomacy of Ben Franklin jumps into the fray early enough to get the party support needed to win the nomination. You have someone in mind?

P.S. H. Clinton does seem to have some of the Mike Tyson characteristics from time to time. Does that count in her favor?

And is the reason you said we "need a man who..." is because you don't think we need a woman who...? ...I hope your man who has the temperment of Mike Tyson (M. Ali) and diplomacy of Ben Franklin jumps into the fray early enough to get the party support needed to win the nomination.

When I wrote:

To get a good Democratic president it would take a man who shows no diplomacy (or mercy) toward his Republican opponent in the campaign, but could shift to a man with the diplomatic skills of Benjamin Franklin.
I meant (and I guess should have wrote) To get a good Democratic president it would take a (wo)man who shows no diplomacy (or mercy) toward his Republican opponent in the campaign, but could shift to a (wo)man with the diplomatic skills of Benjamin Franklin.
You have someone in mind?
It is a shame that Colin Powell does not jump from the Republican Party to the Democratic Party. He would make a good president.
I have mixed emotions about Hillary. I think she would actually do a good job, but I honestly don't think she can get elected.
I think she has a chance in the general election. In fact I have been predicting for over a year, that he Hillary wins the nomination, the Republicans will run Condoleezza Rice against her.

WHY?

Because the Democrats take almost 90% of the Black vote and 98% of the Black women (It is rumored that Condoleezza Rice was one of the only three Black women in the country that voted for BuSh). The Democrats also win a majority of the women's vote.

Many Blacks would be torn between being able to point to Ms. Rice as being "one of us (finally)" in the White House and it might split the women's vote. I would not doubt that the Republican think-tanks are calculating as I write this, how many extra Black votes and women's votes they could garner versus how many good old boys they might lose.

I think that Rice is one of the few people in the world who's head is as thick as BuSh's. It was rumored that they were romantically involved, but if they tried to kiss and banged their heads together, the seismology detectors would alert everyone and the secret service would be dispatched to find the IED that had been detonated in the White House. Could you picture a threesome of Laura-Rice-BuSh? It boggles the mind. Could you picture Ms. Rice asking BuSh to be her secretary of state? She would want to keep him around for advice... :)

Anyway, have you seen this?

P.S. H. Clinton does seem to have some of the Mike Tyson characteristics from time to time. Does that count in her favor?
It makes her seem like a moderate Margaret Thatcher.

Condi ain't never gonna happen, at least not in the top spot. I could maybe see them putting her in as V.P., but I don't think will happen either. A more probable scenario would be for them to ask her, utilizing all the media, with lots of hoopla, and then she would gracefully decline - just like in the case of Colin Powell. She's defnitely one tough bird, but intellectually more like Mike Tyson, with similar reasoning powers, than Ben Franklin. I must say that she's paid her dues working for BuSH tho. One thing I have never been able to understand is why do so many people in this country think she's "brilliant"? She merely does as she's told.

Colin Powell could never run on the Republican ticket - even tho he is one - because he wouldn't want to cowtow to the powers that run that machine. I don't think he is greedy enough or corrupt enough. He is a fine figure of a man, but he's a Republican, pure and simple.

More and more, the term "pro-life" is the translation for "I have no sense of humor and I know what's best for YOU."

~~~~~~~

Hey, TruBlueSue...

I had the same MOS, different era. DLI? (Back when I went there is was DLIWC because there was one on the East Coast as well.) My name tag ended in "RU."

GeezerSue