Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Another Phony E-mail Refuted

I was searching around and there are some pretty good one's in here.

http://www.stickergiant.com/page/sg/CTGY/bp

JUST be be fair ( im fair and Balanced ya know LOL )

Here are some convservative one's too ....

http://www.stickergiant.com/page/sg/CTGY/bcons

I think some of these are funny even .

I Didnt look through all of these some look like they maybe a bit extreme

i truly believe that HE believed in the reasons that he presented to us as justification for war. that man knows the cost of war. he knows the side-effects of war. he knew that this war was going to be real. there is no amount of convincing that would sway me to thinking that he did this for personal gain.

He brow-beat his intelligence officers until they told him what he wanted to hear. He took the word of a civilian who had a vested interest in the USA attacking Iraq, when the intelligence officers who knew he shouldn't invade, said not to invade. Richard Clark and Paul O'Neil who were both in the BuSh cabinet have written books that said so.

He should have know the cost of war because his father wrote a book explaining why he did not go after Saddam Hussein in 1991 during Operation Desert Storm. All the reasons that PaPa Bush said he wanted to avoid have come up to bite the USA in the butt. Too bad Baby BuSh didn't read PaPa Bush's book. When asked on NBC News why he didn't listen to his father, BuSh responded that he listens to a higher father in matters of war. So you are right: don't blame it on BuSh, blame it on God.

now, i am very anxious for this war to be wrapped up. we have already had one 19 year old family member die over there, and we are not looking forward to any more. i feel we need to remain patriotic, and support the person we elect as president. if we don't like his decisionmaking process, then we need to vote. in the mean time, inform us, show us evidence, but don't spout political rhetoric as though it is hard fact.
President BuSh has admitted, as has VP Chaney, that Iraq had nothing to do with 911.

As far as being patriotic: supporting the president has nothing to do with patriotism. Who were the heroes in 1938 when Hitler invaded Austria, the followers or the people who spoke out against the invasion? Who were the patriots in 1938 when Hitler invaded Austria, the followers or the people who spoke out against the invasion?

Thank you TOM!!! Well said.

Many people who are patriotic think that one can only be a true patriot if one wears blinders so that they can swallow hook line and sinker everything their President tells them.

This is not the same age as the Viet Nam War where people were so shocked and disgusted by the war that they shunned the veterans coming home. Today we are much smarter about just who our military people are (citizens of this country) and we can support them wholeheartedly and still be against the war. I am sure some of the differences could be attributed to the draft, and another would be that we learned something from Viet Nam.

But Bush Sr. has his reasons for wanting to kick some booty in the Middle East and anyone who believes that we are solely there to "liberate" Iraq's citizens and make them free, they must be one of those patriots with blinders on.

Our founding fathers gave us the power and written wisdom to defend ourselves against tyrants and self-serving politicians. Mini-Me had it right - VOTE!

As far as being patriotic: supporting the president has nothing to do with patriotism. Who were the heroes in 1938 when Hitler invaded Austria, the followers or the people who spoke out against the invasion? Who were the patriots in 1938 when Hitler invaded Austria, the followers or the people who spoke out against the invasion?

i would hardly equate the patriotism of hitler's followers with the patriotism of americans. the entire concept of our government's and our society's ideals are different. so, ok, if bush started acting like hitler, putting muslims in concentration camps, starving them, putting them in the gas chamber, and conducting medical experiments on them, etc, etc, i will rethink my views on american patriotism. :rolleyes

ok, with that said, i was quick to type that i was not the most politically informed...and my point was more that i really get tired of all of the slam dunking of political decisions that are made concerning wars. it must be a terribly difficult decision to act on behalf of an entire country. i voted against bush in the last two elections. it was akind of personal decision, as i am a Texan and bush really screwed over the state agency that i work for, and even publicly made inappropriate and rude comments about the employees of the Agency that i work for...and refused to issue an apology. bush is a poor little rich boy that was spoiled rotten, and is now poor little spoiled rotten rich boy that is all grown up. however, that does not cause me to lose faith in the actions of our country. he does not single-handedly have the power to take such drastic and ongoing actions. there is a whole slew of leaders in this country that contribute to the process. when the whole slew of leaders keep us at, i have confidence that the whole slew is making the right decision. when the whole slew decides it is time to end the war, i have confidence in that decision.

so, without spouting all of the hard nosed facts of who told the prez this or who he relied on for information on that...i sleep well at night because we are not ruled by a dictator who can single-handedly ruin an entire religious group or an entire racial or ethnic group in our melting pot of a society.

btw-TOM, i really respect everyones opinions, just as i hope mine are respected. while i do get tired of reading rants and raves about the war, ((we are, btw, in the rants and raves right?)) i also am deeply grateful that we live in a society where we can voice those opinions without risk of repercussions. i am not exactly sure what prompted my earlier words, other i read earlier posts, and started typing what was on my mind. it was not really directed at anyone post in particular, just the feelings that were stirred by reading everyone's words.

There is a mean-spiritness that seems to underpin this so-called "moral majority" which concerns many of us who are on the outside looking in at your country. The moral right are certainly not a tolerant group of individuals. They are, indeed, unable to admit to ethical behaviour at all unless it comes packaged under their own tight set of rules. You must be ready to accept a personal God and Jesus Christ. This excludes all other nice, kind, well-behaved folk who follow other paths, including the atheist. Now I am under the impression that some of your founding fathers were atheists or pantheists. Certainly they were specific about a separation between personal belief and state.

Now we get these same moral people who will edit out all individuals, however decent they may be, who believe in a woman's freedom to choose. In fact they play dirty tricks with the language. They say that they are pro-life and all others are pro-abortion. No one is pro-abortion. No one likes to see this option casually used as a method of birth control. The issue is whose rights are more important: does an adult woman's body take precedence and when does life truly begin?

It also seems to me that the moral majority would support this President's activities in Iraq without debate and might call anyone who does wish to question the wisdom of this war "unpatriotic." This same group of individuals would like to control freedom of artistic and intellectual expression. We know that they are not happy with many of the ground-breaking shows that we get to see on cable television. This is a group of individuals who are all about passion, not reason, it seems to me, and therefore they are to be feared for they are moral bullies. It seems that they have found a little buddy in BuSh, a limited man who has publically announced that his God helps him rule his country. Of course this all would be kind of folkloric if we were talking about a small African country but we are not. We are talking about the most important country in the world and one where at the most senior level all intellectual activity has ceased for the duration of this presidency.

mini-me: I really liked your thoughtful points on the patriotism issue. I didn't think we were discussing the pros and cons of Americans' patriotism. I thought we were trying to understand why someone would embrace everything their leaders do, whether they agree with them or not, and call that patriotism.

i can see my quaint suthun education has not equipped me with the eloquence needed to draw you all---i mean ya'll--- to my point. i was not trying to start, nor facilitate, a debate. it was also not my intention to judge others for their comments, simply to express my own feelings. and, like your opinion, what i stated was mine. i guess if i had one sentence to express what i intended to convey, it would be this...

Since we, as a society, are responsible for who gets elected to office, then we must live with the decisions of the person whom we elect...if we don't like those decisions, then our responsibility is to vote for the change that we feel is necessary for the right decisions to be made.

ok, so maybe it is a run-on, but hey, i'm just a po' lil ol' suthuna who don't know no betta!! though i am not mr. bush's biggest fan, i just fatigue easily hearing the droning on and on about his poor decisions, yet he was still re-elected.

so, can we please stop getting our breeches all wadded up over little ole insignificant mini_me?

besides, i am breaking policy each time i log on here at work, so i have to read and type really, really fast to keep up with this thread....lol...ya'll have a gr8 day!!!

Since we, as a society, are responsible for who gets elected to office, then we must live with the decisions of the person whom we elect...if we don't like those decisions, then our responsibility is to vote for the change that we feel is necessary for the right decisions to be made.

ok, so maybe it is a run-on, but hey, i'm just a po' lil ol' suthuna who don't know no betta!! though i am not mr. bush's biggest fan, i just fatigue easily hearing the droning on and on about his poor decisions, yet he was still re-elected.

You say "we must live with the decisions of the person whom we elect". Then I point out that people did that in Germany in the 1930's and you say that I can't compare BuSh and Hitler.

Why can't I? BuSh said the other day that no one has the right to compare our military's attacks with the attacks of the Muslim Terrorists.

I guess when a head is torn from it's body it is ok when done with a bomb, missile or artillery, but if done by a knife, then it is inhuman.

The US Military has killed more Iraqi Civilians by accident (collateral damage) than the Muslim extremists killed on purpose on 911.

I just did compare our military with the Muslim extremists. Did I break a law? No, but I broke BuSh's rule. I did not “live with the decisions of the person whom we elect(ed)".

Do you think that when Hitler ran for office in 1933, he said that he would be executing 20 million people including Jews, Gays, Gypsies, dissidents and others? No. He talked about defending Germany. He attacked and invaded Austria to defend Germany. No one complained. He attacked and invaded Poland to defend Germany. No one dare complain.

Well some did and where labeled as enemies of the state.

Maybe I am on one of those lists. Not the one from the 1930's. the one from the 21st century.

BuSh and Hitler have followed the same script to such an extent that I could quote either one and you would not know which one was the author.

So should I be a good German and look the other way? Oh, that should have been: Should I be a good American and look the other way and keep my mouth shut?

I have mentioned the 7 Muslims arrested in the Miami Florida area a few months ago. If they were actively planning to blow up buildings, then of course they belong in jail after a trial. But how much did the FBI agent who was in the group contribute to the planning? Was it all his idea? Did the 7 arrested Muslims have money for the plot? We may never know if they really had any intentions of anything more that talk. Why? Because of the new Geneva convention interpretation bill which just passed both houses of congress, BuSh may be able to label these men as “enemy combatants” and then they could be denied council, and they could be tortured until they confess to everything and anything that the interrogator wants to hear. Whether that will be the truth is something we will never know, because after the prisoners confess, those confessions will be used against them in a military tribunal and will result in their convictions (and probable executions).

The case will go down as proof that we need this system. And as with any system that is needed and effective because the government will point to their 100% conviction rate as proof of effectiveness.

And then I might be next. Isn't my assertion that BuSh is following Hitler's scheme to turn this country into a Fascist state enough to get the FBI's attention. I met with a group of like minded people last Friday. I hope they were like-minded. Maybe one was an FBI agent. Maybe he wants a promotion or maybe he wants BuSh to pin a medal on his chest or most probably he is A TRUE PATRIOT and he will have us all arrested.

My body is old and weak. It will not take much torture before I say anything they want to hear and I may even turn my politically naive wife in to stop the pain. Send me your address. I will make sure you have first row seats at my tribunal and execution.

Wait. I forget. I am an American, born in America. They can't do that to me yet. But my wife was born in the UK. They might be able to torture her until she rats on me.

If not, after the 7 fools de jour from Miami are executed, the government will expand the law to first cover naturalized citizens and then to American born citizens.

You are right. "We must live with the decisions of the person whom we elect" and we must do it quietly or else we may not live (very long) with the decisions of the person whom we elect.

But if I don't speak out, I might not be around for the next chance to vote.

ehh--TOM, i see the response, and i respect your stance, as it IS your own, and you are entitled to it. i am too stressed at the end of the day to read THAT much. as i said before, my opinion is just that. i never meant to spark any deep, heated debate.

i can agree to disagree. it does not hurt my feelings that your opinion does not mirror mine. does it hurt your feelings that mine does not match yours?

what is really irritating me is that, all of the sudden, my "h" and "c" keys are sticking, or not contacting. each time i hit one of them, i have to go back and hit it again because it does not key on the screen.

any suggestions?

Unless it is a lap-top/notebook PC, buy a new keyboard. They cost under $5.

And no, you do not hurt my feelings. I would be pi$$ed off if I thought that you would say anything to butter me up.

You have a right to your opinions. No more, nor less than I do.

That is what infuriates me about the BuSh crowd. They, unlike you, do not respect my right to disagree with them.

Ann Coulter has actually written a book calling for the imprisonment of anyone, including elected congressman, who disagree with the BuSh policy. The book is aptly titled: Treason!!

heehee...i shutter to think of myself as te "bush" crowd...eeks...as a state employee, i need a pay raise, and have for a long time needed one. i was a correctional officer for years with no raise or oter incentive. it was awful. gov W had the chance to give us a raise back before he ran our state into near bankruptcy. he was confronted on the issue and asked if he was going to try to get our agency of 25k+ employees a much needed raise. when he said no, the employee asked him why and he basically said that we were a bunch of trailer trash and did not deserve a raise...blah blah blah...then he said that he knows that we are not smart enough to get together and vote together to get him out of office, so he was not worried about us. that was my paraphrase of the incident. it happened at a state employees conference. he was talking to a fella that was an old friend of his, so he was speaking candidly, and probably assuming that it would never get out. so, personally, i would like to see W with a black eye.

Ann Coulter has actually written a book calling for the imprisonment of anyone, including elected congressman, who disagree with the BuSh policy. The book is aptly titled: Treason!!

Ann Coulter is a lunatic. This is an example...her attack (in print) on the 9/11 widows.

"These broads are millionaires, lionized on TV and in articles about them, reveling in their status as celebrities and stalked by grief-arazzis. These self-obsessed women seemed genuinely unaware that 9/11 was an attack on our nation and acted as if the terrorist attacks happened only to them. ... I've never seen people enjoying their husbands' deaths so much ... the Democrat ratpack gals endorsed John Kerry for president ... cutting campaign commercials... how do we know their husbands weren't planning to divorce these harpies? Now that their shelf life is dwindling, they'd better hurry up and appear in Playboy."

Even the Republicans weren't comfortable with Coulter's nasty assessment of these women, dubbed by her "The Jersey Girls", whose only crime was that some of them endorsed Kerry for president.

Personally, I'm glad as hell she's not a Democrat!