Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

"wls Is Not What God Intended..."

Wow...sugery is a surgery, is a sugery...they all have risks, the some high than others. Your friend's breast implants was for looks, to better her apperance. Her breast isn't God given, but man made, your potiental surgery is to improve your life, make you healthy, and change you for the better. Yes the surgery is man done, but nothing being put into your body, its being taken away. I would tell her like this, getting 80 percent of your stomach removed is like getting your boobs taken away, it will change your apperance. I wouldn't worry about her opinion, because overall your opinion is the only one that matters.

As a Christian, I welcome and respect the opinions of nonbelievers.

Every Christian I know came into this life as a nonbeliever.

I concur with everyone who pointed out that most of our modern lives boil down to decisions that are more worldly than Godly. God never intended for us to wear clothes, after all. Or make war upon one another.

If your friend was a Jehovahs Witness, I could understand her having a position against surgery, or any type of medical intervention (heart bypass, tumor removal) but obviously that is not the case.

Her reasoning that there might be complications from an "unnatural edge" inside the stomach is ridiculous in light of her implant procedure; and her assertion that her implants are not permanent doesn't stand up unless they dissolve or are removed within a few years of getting them (perhaps after the medical problems they are treating are cured).

If she's as smart as you say, I'm sure she'll soon realize she isn't making any sense and apologize for saying those things to you.

Peace and best wishes to you on your journey to better health! :)

your friend is a jerk and you need nicer ones. What I do when people say really stupid things to me is to tell them a really ridiculous story and let them deal with it. Mean people are usually dumb and it is fun to watch them try and figure out what you said. If she had said that to me I would have probably told her that "I sold the extra part of my stomach on eBay", "or I am having it recycled as breast implants to save money".

I should add that it's ludicrous to imply that God prefers the greater complications of obesity to the lesser complications from surgery.

I am a bible believing Christian. I'm also constantly praying that I'm making the right decision. I believe I am because this is my chance to finally LIVE my life. To be the mom and wife and daughter and Friend that I want to be.

God did not intend for us to fly, but we travel through the air.

I agree, god didnt intend for your friend to have large/perky/insert your own word boobs.

He didnt mean for us to travel 70 miles an hour..

Cook food on a stove.

Take Tylenol for headaches.

Have electricity.

Anti depressants.

Insulin.

Gmo foods.

Cell phones.

Microwaves.

hair dye.

Makeup.

Ivf.

Have food readily available 30 feet away from us continually.

The food he made available for us was grains, fruits and vegetables and one can argue, animals. But we have Doughnuts, pizza, Cookies, candy bars, potato chips, cheeseburgers, fast food restaurants on every corner, delivery. Etc.

I do not believe that this is a moral issue. It's 100% between the individual and god.

And I'm frustrated that she would say such a thing. But I have some friends like that.

I haven't read everyone's post, so maybe someone said this...

It seems to me that if God didn't want the surgery to exist (or other life-saving procedures like it), then he would not have allowed someone to have invented it.

Maybe that's oversimplified, but it's how I see it.

Sleeve date: Oct. 15. Sent from my Samsung Galaxy

One more thought, Exactly how does your friend know what God wants you to do. Is she on his twitter acct? Is he on her speed dial? Do they share a cubicle at work. My mother said never argue with stupid people or crazy people...

Hi all! I sincerely thank every one of you for taking the time to answer my call for help. I now know that my friend was just concerned about the complications. She told me of speaking with her beau's sister who is studying to be a nurse. The sister had told her that I was crazy & that just that weekend she had to help a lady in the ER who was having complications from WLS. Didn't expand on what WLS the lady had had, when, or anything. My friend told the sister "I don't want to hear about any complications." Our friendship will survive, and if it doesn't then I'll know that she was one who was here for a season (as opposed to a reason, or a lifetime). I sent out a quite hilarious email on Tuesday after my surgery to all of my friends & all of the responses have been overwhelming (& overwhelmingly positive). I am at peace & in a good place. Thanks again to you all for helping me with this issue.

Susan 2.0

There have been so many great responses here, including ones that echo what mine would be, which is that God gave surgeons the wisdom to create this surgery. Also LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Pipula's response. I mainly just want to say that I am glad that you have made it through your surgery safely and are on your way to better health and life. I also hope that your friend comes to understand that God provided you the opportunity and blessed your decision or at least that it is not her place to judge you--one of my pet peeves is Christians who pass judgement since it is clearly written in the Bible that we're not supposed to do that. I wish you peace and much success!

I believe this surgery option is God's answer to my many years of praying. Depression, self loathing, and numerous health probems have plagued me for years due to my inability to lose and keep weight off. I thank The Lord every day for answering my prayers and giving me the chance of a new life to find joy with my family instead of watching them from the couch.

With God, all things are possible. I truly believe this to be in God's plan for me.

James 1:17 comes to mind.

All good gifts are from God. Wls is a gift. And I pray that god guides my surgeons hands during surgery.

Maybe your friend will come around in renown time.

Just quote her Matthew 5:20 and tell her God gave you his blessings. That should shut her up very quickly!

"And if your right hand causes you to sin' date=' cut it off and throw it away. It is better to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to go into hell."

Only because I prayed about this, and this was given to me as an answer. Be at peace with your decision. It's right there in black and white.[/quote']

Omgoodness!!! Thank you so much Piplula!!! This gives me so much peace about my decision. :-)

God didnt intend us to do the following:

sit at a desk 40 hours a week

have fast food restaurants with drive thrus

have addictive , chemically engineered food with transfat, salt, sugar, and high fructose corn Syrup

have cars that drive us door to door everywhere were we go

have us watch tv 20 hours a week

have the animals we eat injected with growth hormones, antibiotics, and steroids. Causing our food to be higher in calories and fat.

We could go on and on. If God didnt intend us to have WLS, than he wouldn't have let things become the way they are. We are the fattest country on earth.

I am a believer- I love God! When we have a personal relationship with Him- what is best for us, we give to Him to determine, guide and lead us.

I had the surgery- and a best friend who has never had weight issues did not agree with it, and has much negativity about it. I am not concerned with her opinion- my council is to God- and he lead me down this path of getting the surgery (2 months ago). I continually prayed "Lord, please shut the doors, and open the doors regarding this matter according to your will". Having a personal relationship with Him means what might be good for one, isn't good for another- so if it something that she wouldn't do if she struggled- then great- doesn't mean it isn't the right thing for you.

Blessings :)

Hi, I didn't read all the posts so please forgive me if this repeats a previous answer, but when speaking to a Christian person you can always reference the words of Jesus in Matthew 5:29-30: “If your right eye makes you stumble, tear it out and throw it from you; for it is better for you to lose one of the parts of your body, than for your whole body to be thrown into hell.  If your right hand makes you stumble, cut it off and throw it from you; for it is better for you to lose one of the parts of your body, than for your whole body to go into hell."

EDIT: I just saw that this was posted earlier, lol.

I love The Lord and want my life to reflect this always!!! Her some thoughts ...

I'm a little worried about her saying this to you for her support in your life. Make sure you surround yourself with wise counsel. However , it could of been shocking for her. However , shame on her when she had her breast done to scolded you.

2) God has blessed medical advances. He wants us to run away from the good medical uses of today. People in the medical field are using their God given abilities to learn and advance medicane

3) things are removed all the time, gal bladders, appendix, kidneys, and we functions. Sometimes without their removal people would die. Would they body be better with correctly working organs yes, but are we thankful God gives us advances is medicane to save lives. Yes!!

4) I do believe doing it through diet and execerise would have been then best!! But At my weight I did not have 3 or more hours a day to give to exercise , nor do I believe that was

God's plan for me. Thankfully there is this tool the sleeve. That will help. There is still

Work involved .

5) one day in prayer begging God to direct me I turned on the Tv and it was on Dr. Oz. I never watch. But what a blessing it was in the sleeve. And Dr. Oz said if you have been approved for

The sleeve and don't do it, it's like

Having cancer and there a surgery that would help and you choose not too. That day has been a smile for me. What a amazing god we have that he will make things so clear to me. We have a great God who care and wants the best for you!

Blessings