Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

ABC ~ October Chat

Ok I have 7cc in a 11cc band certain foods are starting to bother me. Am I getting closer to restriction?

What are you all doing about the fat pants? keeping them or throwing them out.....

Hello out there, how is everyone doing? Hopefully very well. I got my first fill last Wed. and don't really know how to tell if I need another:help:. I am self pay and get free fills for up to one yr. which will be August 28th. I have plenty of time, but want to keep the ball rolling. So far, I have lost 12 lbs. in 6 weeks, not bad, better than without surgery. I am maybe not as strict as I should be, but then again, I don't want to totally go overboard and be misserable. I try pretty hard and I feel I'm doing fine. That's what counts, right??? I hope everyone is also doing great, every pound counts!!

Hey does anyone know if they offer this surgery in London, England???If so where??:guess

Well, everyone, I'm going in this morning to have my surgery. I caught a cold and it's flooding in Houston, but I can't take a chance on cancelling Dr. Spivak another time. Wish me luck! Lanajane

Way to go girl! :clap2: :clap2: Let us know how you are doing, please?

Jo Ann

What are you all doing about the fat pants? keeping them or throwing them out.....

For now I am keeping mine, I want to be able to put them on later and see how big they are! Also, my Aunt is thinking about having the surgery and my big pants might be good for her when she starts losing so I'll keep them till then...

I'm sick and I'm miserable, I normally take claradin (sp?) for allergies but the pill is too big now, anyone else have allergies?? Do you take anything over the counter?? I need relief!

For now I am keeping mine, I want to be able to put them on later and see how big they are! Also, my Aunt is thinking about having the surgery and my big pants might be good for her when she starts losing so I'll keep them till then...

I'm sick and I'm miserable, I normally take claradin (sp?) for allergies but the pill is too big now, anyone else have allergies?? Do you take anything over the counter?? I need relief!

Claritin is available in sublingual tablets (dissolve in your mouth). Check your local drug store.

Hi guys,

I posted here a couple of weeks ago... I was recently banded and have a quick question... I figured I'd ask here since you guys have been banded for a couple of months now. When I lean forward, like to brush my teeth, or bend over to pick something up.... the area where my port is hurts a little, wondering if anyone else went through the same, or if I need to contact my Dr.... and if it did happen to you, does it go away??

Thanks

Joanne

weight.png

Houstongirl1, that is totally normal. It took me a good month before I could bend over long enough to scrub the tub. (it started to look pretty bad too. LOL)

Jamie, I have allergies too. They sell Benadryl is dissolvable strips. Like the Listerine strips. Be forwarned...they taste bloody awful!!

Hi guys,

I posted here a couple of weeks ago... I was recently banded and have a quick question... I figured I'd ask here since you guys have been banded for a couple of months now. When I lean forward, like to brush my teeth, or bend over to pick something up.... the area where my port is hurts a little, wondering if anyone else went through the same, or if I need to contact my Dr.... and if it did happen to you, does it go away??

Thanks

Joanne

It also does go away eventually. I can't feel my port any more if I poke around for it and it is no longer sore in any way. I would say that it took one and a half months for it the soreness to be completely gone.

Patu, we were both banded on the 21st and had our first fill on 10-11. Your 100 lbs lighter. I was able to get 2.4cc in a 10cc band. On the first day of liquids, I went down to 300, almost got into the two hudreds! the next day went back up to 301. Started soft food today, no restriction as of yet. Hope I will be the 3-5 day out and feel something!

Diane

Hi, Diane!

Small world! I just read your message and wish you best. I still don't have much restriction either but am trying to watch what I eat this week. I had a little too much wine over the weekend and didn't lose much - maybe a pound - but it was my own fault. I don't drink during the week so maybe I'll make some progress. I don't care how much you weigh, a pound is a pound! Hang in there.

Good luck!

PatU in Arkansas

Help! I'm dying I can't eat anything solid.....I guess I found out what PBing is......damn this is gross...I can only drink protien drinks and yogurt....where do I go to find band friendly foods?

Hi Spunky,

I am sorry that you are in pain. If you went onto liquids after your PB then you did the right thing.

Check out the food section on this forum, I think there are some posts about what you should and shouldn't eat.

I had a link saved in my favorites that doesn't work anymore to a suggested "new diet".

Maybe the site is down and it will be working in the morning, I will check then.

Hi everyone,

I was just banded by Dr. Spivak on Monday 10/16 after cancelling 3 times before. I'm pretty sore. Just wondered how long before yall got out of the house? I just crushed and swallowed my Cozaar--that was awful--any tips on pills? Thanks Lana

Hello all

I had my 2nd fill yesterday, I was VERY VERY surprised to hear that I had lost 7 pounds!! THAT puts me 3 pounds from my 30th bday goal in December!! Wooooo hoooooo!

I got 1 cc this time. My mom really helped me with that! The PA was only going to give me .5 cc's. She would not budge, just when she was ready to fill it, the Dr walked in. He was talking and my mom told him that my first fill was only .5 cc's, and she remembered him telling me that my first fill would be 1 ccs before surgery. SO he checked and then gave me 1 cc.

I am so happy and feel SOOOOO much better. The hunger is so good now, I eat small bit and I am full. I am no longer thinking constantly about food.

I am SOOOO happy! I am going to change my 30th bday goal to 65 pounds now!

:faint: