Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

ABC ~ October Chat

Hey, just curious, is anyone taking measures at this point to aviod the "stretchy skin" thing?? I just bought Dove's firming lotion and body wash with collegen, I'm just curious what everyone else is trying...

I have been working my upper body like a demon. I have to shamefully admit that I don't like getting sweaty, and I get bored with cardio very quickly, but I have no problems exercising my arms with weights for 20 minutes or so at a time. I don't want batwings! I am also doing crunches, and am going to start working on my flabby tush. I do a lot of walking, so I have never gained weight in my legs.

Eileen

Banded 8/10/06

Down to 195 from 243, 30-40 pounds to go

Jamie, Way To Go! I Had A Tear In My Eyes Just Thinking About Getting Into A Size 18 Wedding Dress. You Are Going To Be A Beautiful Bride. How Great To Know That You Can Look So Great In A Small Dress. That Should Give You A Lot Of Encouragement.

I Don't Have Any Restrictsion After My First Fill But I Have Lost 2 Lbs In 3 Days. I'm Now At 301 Sooooooooooo Close To Twoterville!!! It Seems Like Forever Getting There. If I Can Keep Myself From Getting On The scale Until Wednesday, I Should Be There By Then.

Faybie, I really, really appreciate your concern for other people and your positive outlook. Thanks! I hope we're supportive of you, too!

I got a tear in my eye, too, at the idea of the bride going from a 24 to maybe a 14. What a great story!

I think I'm just beginning to realize that the weight is REALLY going to come off. The only downside, and I'm happy for this downside, is that I never know from day to day what's going to fit. I'm only 5'2" and all of a sudden my pants are always too long. (For the tall folks who won't understand that, as the tummy gets smaller the pants slip down and seem long!)

I wore a suit yesterday with size 20 pants and 18 jacket, and it buttoned and zipped just fine!

GE Mom,

There is NO downside to having to go shopping!!!!!!!!! LOL

I'm so glad that everyone enjoyed my NSV!! I will be sure to post pics of me in my dress if I take some soon, otherwise I'll be sure to post wedding pics for sure later! Thanks for all the support, I couldnt do it without you guys to read and write to daily!! :confused:

(For the tall folks who won't understand that, as the tummy gets smaller the pants slip down and seem long!)

GE Mom...I seem to remember the opposite happening when I was gaining weight. As I gained, my pants became shorter.:confused:

Jamie, I'm so excited for you and can't wait to see your pictures.

(For the tall folks who won't understand that, as the tummy gets smaller the pants slip down and seem longer

Is that why my pants are too long now? I thought my legs got shorter.

He he. I am 5'7" and my pants are getting too long too.

I wore a pair of pants on Friday and the crotch was hanging so low on me, I looked like I was wearing someone elses pants.

GEMom, thanks for the kind words, you caused me to blush.

I go for hair extensions tomorrow, I can't wait!!!!

Hey everyone Sorry I havent posted in awhile things have been hectic with going to the dr every single day. I'm worn out!!! I'm happy to hear everyone seems to be doing well.

I just read about everyone's pants becoming too long and I've been seeing that in my pants alot lately too. I have alot of sweatsuits and I have some that I havent worn because they were too small but since I have my stomach opened and still very sore I was having a hard time finding clothes so I pulled out some of my old sweatsuits and guess what they fit!!! LOL I was so surprised that the jackets that I thought the sleeves were short because I washed them so much really werent now I am cuffing them.. Well I hope everyone is doing well and I will try and keep myself more updated on everyones progress. Good Luck ABC'ers

Well, everyone, I'm going in this morning to have my surgery. I caught a cold and it's flooding in Houston, but I can't take a chance on cancelling Dr. Spivak another time. Wish me luck! Lanajane

Jamie, that's such a great NSV!

I'm so proud of all of us ABC'ers! We're doing great! :) All of you who've been losing so well are an inspiration. :)

I got my fill last Tuesday and lost 3 pounds! Yay! :banana I'm so hoping that the loss keeps going. I've got more restriction than I did before the fill, but don't think I've hit my "sweet spot" yet. I'll just keep plugging away though. I got cleared at my fill to start abdominal exercises this week, so it's back to the Bowflex for me today! Maybe now I'll start losing some more inches.

Well all, I am going for my second fill tommorow out of town. I am going to push him for a GOOD fill since the .5ccs they gave me did not do anything. I had to work my a$$ off to keep from gaining weight.

Wish me luck, this fill has to give me some restriction, even just a tiny bit! lol...I am going to reread the tips for a good fill and be off!

Hugs to all

:clap2:

Good Luck Lanajane on your surgery. You'll be so happy when its over.

BooBooKitt- Good Luck and Congrats on your second fill hopefully it will help you alot.

Bug I'm so jealous that you can excercise your abs let us know how you do. I can't excercise at all still, not even lift my little 3lb weights : (

My doc said it was okay to start ab exercise...but I'm avoiding it. LOL!! I really hate ab work. I'm using the treadmill 4-5 times a week and using hand weights so I don't have flabby arms. I guess I'm going to have to give in and do the ab exercise.:)

Okay, today I had my 2nd fill and found out why I was so hungry. The first fill had decreased from 1.6 to just .6. They explained that this is actually normal for the first fill. They put me at 1.7 in a 9.75 band and now I have to eat soft foods for the next three days before returning to solids. Let's hope it works!