Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Confession

So heres my problem. . . I'm out 3 + years, have surpassed my doctors goal weight for me at 212, lost 150 lbs, went from a size 32 W to a 16 R and 6 feet tall with a large frame and at 200 lbs look great, but feel like sh*t. . . I'm back to feeling like the fat girl all over again. . . I can't eat more then 6 oz at a time and do indulge treats sometimes, but not overly. . . I haven't gained any weight but haven't lost any either. . . amazing how when you get used to seeing yourself after a while, how the old thinking comes back . . . guess the "honeymoon" is over for this old gal. . .ugh life is what it is huh?

So heres my problem. . . I'm out 3 + years' date=' have surpassed my doctors goal weight for me at 212, lost 150 lbs, went from a size 32 W to a 16 R and 6 feet tall with a large frame and at 200 lbs look great, but feel like sh*t. . . I'm back to feeling like the fat girl all over again. . . I can't eat more then 6 oz at a time and do indulge treats sometimes, but not overly. . . I haven't gained any weight but haven't lost any either. . . amazing how when you get used to seeing yourself after a while, how the old thinking comes back . . . guess the "honeymoon" is over for this old gal. . .ugh life is what it is huh?[/quote']

Why do you feel this way if you've accomplished so much? I've heard of this happening, but I'm not sure why exactly because I haven't lost a significant amount of weight yet.

Also, I'm not giving myself a goal weight. I just want to be able to have the energy to do the physical activities that I love, without feeling overly exhausted. Maybe you need long term, activity based goals?

So heres my problem. . . I'm out 3 + years, have surpassed my doctors goal weight for me at 212, lost 150 lbs, went from a size 32 W to a 16 R and 6 feet tall with a large frame and at 200 lbs look great, but feel like sh*t. . . I'm back to feeling like the fat girl all over again. . . I can't eat more then 6 oz at a time and do indulge treats sometimes, but not overly. . . I haven't gained any weight but haven't lost any either. . . amazing how when you get used to seeing yourself after a while, how the old thinking comes back . . . guess the "honeymoon" is over for this old gal. . .ugh life is what it is huh?

Oh my goodness -- you've done so great! Please don't be down just because you haven't done anything great today. Think how many thousands of folks out there would give anything to have accomplished what you already have! (And I'm jealous that not only have you lost a good chunk of weight, but you're 8 years younger than me as well! :D)

Yes, life is what it is, but that doesn't mean you can't influence what it is. What do you think will make you happier? Do you need better friends, some time off, a new hobby, a change of job venue, a new hairdo, a new challenge in your life? If you truly can't think of anything that would make you feel better, you might be slipping into a period of depression. Don't shrug depression off -- it zaps all the fun out of life. Please talk to somebody if you just can't find contentment; you only have one life to play with!

It's kind of funny because I don't have a goal weight, per se. I could lie and give a number, but I just prefer to feel a whole lot better than I do with all of this weight.

So my real goals are striving for more energy and better heath. I would also love to be in kickboxing and along-side the energy I want to feel a need to drive hard to reach my career goals.

Lastly, if nothing else I want to be selfish for the first time ever with a new body. Some people had kids or life just got a hold of them and they picked up the weight, but I never had that luxury of knowing what it once felt like to be slender. Some folks may call this kind of surgery cheating, but with a fat girl frame of mind that I was raised with I think of it as a life saver (no pun intended lol). So a new wardrobe will do. I'm already confident, but I would love to flaunt the style I've been dying to try.

Fat girls rock, but I'm so over it.

you literally took the words from me. barring other current health situations i am currently undergoing i have always felt that way. you get it done girl! EVERYONE deserves a ME moment and this is yours! Take it and run and do what makes you happy, you deserve it and don't ever let anyone tell you this is the easy way out. Yeah it helps in getting to some of our goals but we are still making a complete lifestyle change and if it was something we all could have done on our own, we would have. Everyone deserves to feel fabulous!!!

When my clothes are dirty I take the easy way out and use the technology in my laundry to clean them. I don't drag them to the river to beat them against the rocks.

When my family needs bread I go to the supermarket and buy bread. I don't grow wheat, mill it between two rocks, make a fire in my yard and bake it fresh for them.

When I want butter I go to the fridge and get some. I don't go milk a cow and spend an hour churning the milk for butter.

In winter I wear woollen clothes but I can't knit and I have certainly never shorn a sheep!

When I had a serious infection I took intravenous antibiotics rather than sweating it out at home and hoping to live through it.

So call me lazy, call me a cheat, and lambast me for taking the easy way out!

Human evolution is all about finding ways to make life easier. WLS is no different. Yes, it is easier than losing weight with the surgery than without it. So what? I embrace what is easy in most areas of my life, why should this be different?

I have chosen life, health and happiness. How can that be cheating?

Good post Louise :)

When my clothes are dirty I take the easy way out and use the technology in my laundry to clean them. I don't drag them to the river to beat them against the rocks.

When my family needs bread I go to the supermarket and buy bread. I don't grow wheat' date=' mill it between two rocks, make a fire in my yard and bake it fresh for them.

When I want butter I go to the fridge and get some. I don't go milk a cow and spend an hour churning the milk for butter.

In winter I wear woollen clothes but I can't knit and I have certainly never shorn a sheep!

When I had a serious infection I took intravenous antibiotics rather than sweating it out at home and hoping to live through it.

So call me lazy, call me a cheat, and lambast me for taking the easy way out!

Human evolution is all about finding ways to make life easier. WLS is no different. Yes, it is easier than losing weight with the surgery than without it. So what? I embrace what is easy in most areas of my life, why should this be different?

I have chosen life, health and happiness. How can that be cheating?[/quote']

The real term they cover up is 'jealousy.' I say let them be jealous. Lol

Don't worry about it being cheating.

I looked up the guy that made the rule that weight loss surgery was "the easy way out" and beat the crap out of him.

You won't be hearing from him again. B)

I was there...I saw it...BRAVO!!!